Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Is there a way to delete voicemails, etc from gDial ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Is there a way to delete voicemails, etc from gDial ?
    Came to this thread to check on this too, would be great to be able to use the swipe gesture to delete voicemails
    When I click "listen" and "play" nothing happens. Is it possible to play google voice messages from the Pre without calling in?
    When listening to voicemails it plays them through the external speaker, is it possible to add an option to listen to them via the earpiece?
    I can't get it to play my message at all. How do you get it to play?

Brian
  6.    #1826  
    Quote Originally Posted by laphotoparty View Post
    When I click "listen" and "play" nothing happens. Is it possible to play google voice messages from the Pre without calling in?
    Make sure you have your media volume not muted.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  7.    #1827  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    When listening to voicemails it plays them through the external speaker, is it possible to add an option to listen to them via the earpiece?
    Yeah, I am going to add that in a future version. Just takes some figuring out on it as the docs aren't transparent on that particular way of playing back audio.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    gDial Pro does SMS through a web call over the data connection, so only WiFi is needed. You can send SMS for free and refresh the history to get new SMSs. You should definitely be able to do this when the phone radio is off.

Granted Google Voice doesn't do VOIP... yet.

In short: SMS: Yes. Calls: No.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Just to clarify NachoB on this. It does allow SMS over wifi, but not calls which is what most people think it is. You need skype or some other VOIP service for that.

Although, I would bet before too long that Google Talk is integrated in to Google Voice somehow.
    My bad, my brain was on the voice part. Thanks for clarifying!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Make sure you have your media volume not muted.
    Is turning media volume on the same as turning on "system sounds?"

I turned on "system sounds" and still nothing seems to be happening when I hit play and listen.

If I try to change the volume while in gDial Pro, an icon of a bell with a slash appears. I am assuming this is because I have the phone ringer on vibrate???

If not, where do I turn on media volume? Do I play my messages by pressing "play" in Gdial pro or by pressing "listen"?

Thanks!

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by laphotoparty View Post
    Is turning media volume on the same as turning on "system sounds?"

I turned on "system sounds" and still nothing seems to be happening when I hit play and listen.

If I try to change the volume while in gDial Pro, an icon of a bell with a slash appears. I am assuming this is because I have the phone ringer on vibrate???

If not, where do I turn on media volume? Do I play my messages by pressing "play" in Gdial pro or by pressing "listen"?

Thanks!

Brian
    I just figured it out. If I switch the mute switch at the top of the phone then it works!

Thanks!

-Brian
  11.    #1831  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Came to this thread to check on this too, would be great to be able to use the swipe gesture to delete voicemails
    I really have just left the app to display the status of your Google Voice account. I sort of try to comply with their philosophy of never delete always archive, but I know there are more improvements to be made on marking stuff as read, etc on the phone and syncing that with Google Voice.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Hmmm, do you happen to have a Google Domain Apps account that you are using for your Google Voice?
    No, It's a normal Google Account with an external email address. It's not a Gmail account. It's not an Domain Apps account.
    I still don't get any sound when I hit play, even with system sounds on and volume up. I can hear other sounds, but not here.
    Update to this issue of not being able to hear the messages in gdial: clicking play in the browser itself works, but not when I'm viewing the voicemail page in gdial. Any ideas why?
  15.    #1835  
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Update to this issue of not being able to hear the messages in gdial: clicking play in the browser itself works, but not when I'm viewing the voicemail page in gdial. Any ideas why?
    Try to restart your phone. I just had this issue happen to me on development and it was due to the download service having stopped on webOS.

It is weird that you are able to listen in the browser as that has not been working in the past due to a streaming issue with webOS. What version of webOS are you running?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Correction: I can click on play and actually get a response, which is a choice to stream or download (I have the browser multipatch), and can download and then play, but can't stream without getting the error you refer to.

In gdial, however, clicking play does nothing at all.

Could that patch somehow be screwing up the browser embedded in gvoice?
    Correction: I can click on play and actually get a response, which is a choice to stream or download (I have the browser multipatch), and can download and then play, but can't stream without getting the error you refer to.

In gdial, however, clicking play does nothing at all.
    Is your phone switched to silent? I think it only plays if the Pre isn't on silent.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    No, it's not. And I can listen if I download them in the browser.
  19.    #1839  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Is your phone switched to silent? I think it only plays if the Pre isn't on silent.
    Right, I tried looking into playing the voicemail through the regular speaker where you listen to calls and was not able to figure out how to make that work given the current Palm API's. So this means playing the voicemail is treated like any other media and will be silent if the phone is set to silent mode.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  20.    #1840  
    No, it's not. And I can listen if I download them in the browser.
    If you do a reboot and it still fails, please do let me know as that is the only time I have seen the issue is when something goes wonky with the download manager.
    Become a fan on Facebook