Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    Thats "update frequency" right?
    Correct.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Is 0.9.0 the latest vers.?
    Thanks a lot for you help...great app!!
    I am sorry if these have been covered, but did not see them in about 20 pages of looking:

1: can the number you enter in the gdial program as "your cell phone number" be a number other than the one associated with your Pre? I have multiple numbers on my gvoice account...

2: Does an outgoing call made through gdial track through the Sprint server and show up on your bill? ie: will I still be able to track usage and calls to certain people on my bill like I do now?

3: Same as above for incoming calls?

4: what happens if someone calls your Pre while gdial is running?
    what i want 2 know is do mins apply 2 ur daytime mins or can this apply 2 my any mobile anytime mins? also how do i set it that i dont get my texts forwarded 2 me? i just want 2 do everything through the app
  6.    #1806  
    1) It could be another number as long as that number is also associated with your Google Voice account

2 + 3) They will not track to the end number dialed as the system currently either receives a call from GV or makes a call to GV so they will all look the same on your statement

4) The phone rings
    Become a fan on Facebook
  7.    #1807  
    v0.9.1
    -Icons on list/detail page for most history items (Missed and recorded are coming soon)
    -Added preference to turn off notifications while program is running
    -Changed the 'Shake to Clear' feature to be an option instead of defaulting it to on
    -Advanced button in preferences now changes its text based on the state of hide/unhide
    -SMS Scene fixed for smaller Pixi height (Still working on the dialer screen though)
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Just tested 0.9.1 and I have to say...THANK YOU!!!!

Disabling shake to clear is one of the best things ever. I no longer have to stop walking just to type a text without it clearing.

Keep up the good work!
    I was not able to log in. I tried 10 times to make sure that I typed it right. I was able to log in to the web tab on the first try, so I certainly am able to type my password right.

I have a complex password with mixed case, numbers and symbols including the $ symbol. Is you app able to support that?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I hope this isn't a terrible question that has been answered recently...

Are their benefits to this program if you don't have a google number and are using G-Voice for the voicemail services? My cell phone is the only phone I have and didn't see the need for the switch but some of you may convince me otherwise.

Thanks a bunch.
  11.    #1811  
    Quote Originally Posted by theplaz View Post
    I was not able to log in. I tried 10 times to make sure that I typed it right. I was able to log in to the web tab on the first try, so I certainly am able to type my password right.

I have a complex password with mixed case, numbers and symbols including the $ symbol. Is you app able to support that?
    Hmmm, do you happen to have a Google Domain Apps account that you are using for your Google Voice?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Bone View Post
    I hope this isn't a terrible question that has been answered recently...

Are their benefits to this program if you don't have a google number and are using G-Voice for the voicemail services? My cell phone is the only phone I have and didn't see the need for the switch but some of you may convince me otherwise.

Thanks a bunch.
    You can't use this app withoug a google voice number. You don't have to switch to get google voice it lets you give a number that never has to change and you no longer have to give out your real number. There are many other feature with google voice that you should probably read up on. I really like google voice and hate this wasn't available years ago.

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have already signed up to GV but I am just using it with my existing number. I have read up on the Google Voice side of things. I was just curious if there was a benefit of this app that make my use of Google Voice easier/better.

Thanks
  14.    #1814  
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Bone View Post
    I have already signed up to GV but I am just using it with my existing number. I have read up on the Google Voice side of things. I was just curious if there was a benefit of this app that make my use of Google Voice easier/better.

Thanks
    If you intend to use your Google Voice number as your primary number, then the app allows you to dial out so that your Google Voice number shows up as the number on caller ID of the person you are calling or texting.

If you only are using it for the voicemail, then you still benefit from gDial Pro allowing access to visual voicemail for you to be able to listen to your voicemails when the speech to text does a bad job at translating.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    When will the APP Catalog version actually work? I know you said you submitted the updated version that corrects the pw issue, but do you have any ideas when is it going to be posted?
    Please I need this, especially if it'll allow sms or calls over wifi cause i don't get cell service at home. If anyone can, please send me an invite
  17.    #1817  
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    When will the APP Catalog version actually work? I know you said you submitted the updated version that corrects the pw issue, but do you have any ideas when is it going to be posted?
    The app catalog version update has already gone out. Check updates and and if you are all up to date then you might be running into a different issue.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by projectalarum View Post
    ...especially if it'll allow sms or calls over wifi ...
    it does not
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    ...especially if it'll allow sms or calls over wifi ...
    it does not
    gDial Pro does SMS through a web call over the data connection, so only WiFi is needed. You can send SMS for free and refresh the history to get new SMSs. You should definitely be able to do this when the phone radio is off.

Granted Google Voice doesn't do VOIP... yet.

In short: SMS: Yes. Calls: No.
  20.    #1820  
    Quote Originally Posted by projectalarum View Post
    Please I need this, especially if it'll allow sms or calls over wifi cause i don't get cell service at home. If anyone can, please send me an invite
    Just to clarify NachoB on this. It does allow SMS over wifi, but not calls which is what most people think it is. You need skype or some other VOIP service for that.

Although, I would bet before too long that Google Talk is integrated in to Google Voice somehow.
    Become a fan on Facebook