Page 90 of 145 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1781  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, any plans for a lite version that only includes the voicemail features? I'm sure I'm not the only one who plans on switching over my VM to Google as soon as Sprint gets rid of the charge. I know that someone is working on a visual voicemail app for Youmail, but nothing that I know of being planned for Google Voice.
    It is possible. I am guessing you just want to be able to listen to voicemails in a visual voicemail style?

By default in Google Voice you could have it email and SMS you the translation of the voicemail into text. (They are a bit off sometimes though)
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  2.    #1782  
    Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth View Post
    First of all thanks for this app! I am using the latest version on preware without the patch, I do not want to call all numbers from my gv number... But that patch is way cool for the people that would want it that way.
    I encountered some problems that I hope can be resolved...
    1. Web dial failed... Is that normal or should I do something to fix it? I did add my cell phone number to my gv account already.
    2. When I wanted to disable web dialing in the prefs my phone froze then rebooted.
    3. After it rebooted I tried to disable the web dialing again, it worked.
    Also...
    4. Call recording as far as I know should be as one of the choices when I receive a call... But it is not. How can I fix this?
    5. I would truly love it if possible, if when a phone call comes in that there was a gdial icon somewhere on the screen so we would know it was our gv number ringing. I don't want only my gv number as caller I'd so I set it to show the callers' I'd in my gv settings.
    Please help? Thank you!
    1) Webdial shouldn't fail. Usually this is caused by improper login credentials but there is a bug if you have a GV account and Google Apps for Domains account with different passwords. This is solved by using your Google App password at the bottom of preferences for your Google Contacts account info.

2) Maybe just a one off thing. I haven't seen it widely reported and it doesn't do much in that code so shouldn't be a bug, but I will keep an ear open for similar reports.

4) Call recording is done by pressing '4' on the key pad once your call is connected. I believe GV limits this thought to only be allowed when you are receiving a call and not when making a call. Check their help on it.

5) Me too, but unlikely for awhile due to the integration with the OS this would require.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    It is possible. I am guessing you just want to be able to listen to voicemails in a visual voicemail style?

By default in Google Voice you could have it email and SMS you the translation of the voicemail into text. (They are a bit off sometimes though)
    Yeah, pretty much. Not too big a deal but might be nice if that could be separated out. Like I said, I know Arcticus is doing something similar for Youmail, but as far as I know nobody is planning on it for Google Voice.
    flpalm:

I am pretty sure I found a minor bug. I have actually been able to reproduce this as well so I think I know when it is happening.

Basically it has something to do with card view. If I get a notification from gDial saying there is an update the bottom bar shifts up. If I hit the center button to take it to card view and then another notification comes in from another app without dismissing or clicking the gDial notification. I then click the other notification to take me into the other app. While in that app I click the gDial notification to take me back to see the update to gDial. When I get back in gDial the bottom navigation bar is still shifted up. I believe shifting in and out of card view fixes it but can't remember exactly.

I hope this all makes sense and if it doesn't I can try to explain it better to help you out. I have attached an image of what I mean when the bottom navigation bar is shifted up. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have a feature request/suggestion: Allow the first updated events notification after you run gDial Pro to be temporary and go away after a second. It actually used to do this in earlier versions and somehow became permanent in these later ones.

It's starting to really really bug me when I open the gDial Pro app and always have that little notification pop up and stay there. I have to stop what I'm doing and tap twice to flick it away.

The notifications are nice for the people who have it check on an interval in the background, but when you just start it up and go to the history scene it really doesn't help much to paste a permanent notification on the bottom that says the same info that you just found out by going to the screen itself.

Having an option to set the "manual" notifications to temporary and the background service notifications permanent would be nice.
    Think v. 1.0 will be ready by the time the Pixi launches?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    quick question.. can we some how get gdial to work with quickcontacts.. that would be wonderful to be able to hit the contact and select gdial or direct call of the contact or to have it predetermined
  8.    #1788  
    Yeah, I should be able to add this as a config option.

Also, just getting back into the work week after the Sprint Conference, so there will be more updates again soon.

I have to fix the dialer for the Pixi screen height.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  9.    #1789  
    Quote Originally Posted by darmood View Post
    quick question.. can we some how get gdial to work with quickcontacts.. that would be wonderful to be able to hit the contact and select gdial or direct call of the contact or to have it predetermined
    I am in the process of providing an external API for any of the other programs to use in order to trigger a dial or new SMS in gDial.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    any chance on adding support for more than one accounts? I know a few people who starting to get google voice and want to use my phone to check there stuff or text someone.
  11.    #1791  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    any chance on adding support for more than one accounts? I know a few people who starting to get google voice and want to use my phone to check there stuff or text someone.
    Yeah, I have looked into it. One of the issues that I saw was that Google Voice doesn't currently allow a single phone number to be used on multiple Google Voice accounts. That seemed to be a show stopper for most people's use cases.

What you are talking about with casual users wanting to check their stuff might make more sense to just have them login to the mobile GV website or am I misunderstanding.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Cool! Thank you so much flpalm for the answers to all my questions and thank you so much also for the app, I love it! Update: Yay! The webdial feature now works! Thanks again!
    Just wondering now since I am but a newbie on this matter... GV seems to call my number when I call a number... So why does GV seem to allow call recording on incoming calls but not on outgoing calls that in a way is actually incoming also?

1) Webdial shouldn't fail. Usually this is caused by improper login credentials but there is a bug if you have a GV account and Google Apps for Domains account with different passwords. This is solved by using your Google App password at the bottom of preferences for your Google Contacts account info.

2) Maybe just a one off thing. I haven't seen it widely reported and it doesn't do much in that code so shouldn't be a bug, but I will keep an ear open for similar reports.

4) Call recording is done by pressing '4' on the key pad once your call is connected. I believe GV limits this thought to only be allowed when you are receiving a call and not when making a call. Check their help on it.

5) Me too, but unlikely for awhile due to the integration with the OS this would require.
  13.    #1793  
    Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth View Post
    Cool! Thank you so much flpalm for the answers to all my questions and thank you so much also for the app, I love it! Update: Yay! The webdial feature now works! Thanks again!
    Just wondering now since I am but a newbie on this matter... GV seems to call my number when I call a number... So why does GV seem to allow call recording on incoming calls but not on outgoing calls that in a way is actually incoming also?
    I think it a legal thing with who you are allowed to record. Like if they call you then it is legal for you to record or something as opposed to you calling them, but that is just my guess as they do mention some legality issue in their help on call recording.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post

Yeah, I have looked into it. One of the issues that I saw was that Google Voice doesn't currently allow a single phone number to be used on multiple Google Voice accounts. That seemed to be a show stopper for most people's use cases.

What you are talking about with casual users wanting to check their stuff might make more sense to just have them login to the mobile GV website or am I misunderstanding.
    Interesting. I did not know this. I have one Google Voice (GV) number but just got a few more GV invites. If I can't use other GV numbers with my same cell phone number: Houston, we have a problem...
    No monetary donation needed, but if anyone has a Google Wave invite, I would appreciate it
    You got it. I just nominated your email address for a Google Wave invitation. They're using a queuing system and I don't know how long it will take.
  16.    #1796  
    Quote Originally Posted by christefano View Post
    You got it. I just nominated your email address for a Google Wave invitation. They're using a queuing system and I don't know how long it will take.
    Thanks
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    does anyone have an extra invite they wanna send me?
    how do I setup gdial to be minimized so I can keep it running?
  19.    #1799  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    how do I setup gdial to be minimized so I can keep it running?
    You can set for it to check every X min in the preferences and it will do that regardless of being open or closed.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Thats "update frequency" right?