Page 9 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Is there any way to just dial the phone and not make us time the pushing of the green button correctly? Or does it already do this and I'm overlooking it?

There must be a way to do this programmatically since that shortcut creator can make a shortcut that dials automatically...
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Is there any way to just dial the phone and not make us time the pushing of the green button correctly? Or does it already do this and I'm overlooking it?

There must be a way to do this programmatically since that shortcut creator can make a shortcut that dials automatically...
    You shouldn't have to 'time' pushing the green button. Usually it pre-enters all of the numbers into the dialer and you push the button to dial and thats it. I am not sure what you mean by timing it?

You can also enable web dialing instead which will have Google Voice call your cell phone and then connect the call.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurab15 View Post
    i have a suggestion for the gDial pro SMS scene...the buttons on the bottom overlap the Send & Load Contact buttons...maybe you could out those buttons next to their respective fields (i.e. load contact next to name/number in "To:" field, and Send next to the message in the "Message:" field) kinda like the messaging app in the phone itself...

anyways, Great Job on this app!! It will be a great utility once it's all polished!

Good Luck with everything!
    That is odd as it doesn't do that on my screen at all. I like your idea though and I may move the buttons around in the next version. Thanks for the feedback.
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinTim View Post
    Tried both of those... I get the time / type / number but no transcript (there's one when i use the web).

I just downloaded 0.2.4 do i need to do a reset?

I'll send pictures either tonight or in the AM...

thanks,
    -tim
    Definitely try a reset just in case. But also, please do send me a screenshot if you don't mind. natebiz@gmail.com

Do you see the a location for transcript on the detail screen for the voicemail and just not text or is there not even the bubble for transcript showing?
    YESSSSSS i just looked in my inbox and i have gotten an invite for google voice!!!
    me too. its so great. im not sure if this has been asnwered already or not. but are the calls placed through the web? or is it the same as using minutes?
    been messing with this for the past couple days. Overall, very nice. I would like to see this become more "Pre-esque" to be a complete winner imho

Suggestions:
    Home Screen-
    1)app loading splash screen instead of white screen, confused with locked up application first couple times I loaded it.

Dialer-
    1)Needs wider buttons for us fat finger fellas palm had the right idea I suggest trying to mirror the dialer totally, even to go as far as photoshoping a screenshot possibly.
    2)Move the dail "phone" button at the bottom of number pad and contact button on top right.
    3)A backspace on screen button beside number being input would be very nice, didn't like haveing to open up phone to make correction.
    4)Kill the call placed "ok" button, notification... sure, human interaction required... not so much
    5)Number dial tones, does nothing other than confirms your hitting the correct number when dialing while driving etc
    6)when using "voicemail dial" as apposed to "callback" mute the dial tones or run dialer in backround with a "dailing" screen for more pollished feel, this turned me off and i enabled callback for all my calls.

SMS-
    1)move the "Send" and "load contacts" to somewhere not obtrusive, little too busy down there currently plus the problem with the overlap I'm sure you're aware of.
    2)Link to GVoice's recieved SMS, easier navigation of conversations with the "free sms" feature, mistakenly replied via sprint sms once or twice. Lots of confusion on recipient's part getting sms from 2 different numbers.
    3)change UI to reflect more of a more GV chatlike interface, tapping each conversation would change screen to a scrollable conversation. Make incomming and outgoing icons with most recent sms appear last, add ability to scroll up for history and put input box at bottom above the dock.
    4)make SMS a seperate app for simplistic multitasking purposes, txt while on speaker phone

History- Almost no room for improvement here, very nice
    1)Icons instead of "sms" "placed" "recieved" etc etc
    2)number in the middle and above timestamps
    3)add to contacts option for each "unresolved" contact number or pre or google-linked photo for saved contact info to the right of each history item

Mobile site-
    1)I'd kind of like to see this just totally go away once all features are intergrated or hidden in a menu somewhere.

Voicemail- I haven't gotten a GV voicemail yet so this might already be here, just giving suggestion
    1)Give voicemail a separate icon at bottom
    2)visual voicemail, scroll through voicemails like emails/SMS possibly route mp3 to media player? if native MP3 playing doesn't work in WebOS apps?
    3)speech to txt, read your voicemails like sms (read where this works currently, a preview scrollable conversation UI would be nice)

all in all... thumbs up app, I actually got it to work and is almost in the "always open" catagory on my pre, hopefully would like to see it replace my stock dialer
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/05/2009 at 02:25 AM. Reason: changed stuff up a bit
    Awesome Job! I just wish you could provide a direct link to download the ipk file from the site so we can install it using Filecaster instead of needing an SDK install.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Awesome Job! I just wish you could provide a direct link to download the ipk file from the site so we can install it using Filecaster instead of needing an SDK install.
    Yes please! Is there no filecoaster or preload way to dl and install this app :-O
    Installed it with Palm-install.
    history is showing....but if there's more info that'd be great.

Web dial is working fine now, good job.

The font, color and size of dialpad is harsh. Make it something other than green....if they can change color or appear pressed when we press them, that'd be great. Make it a little bigger. Font is not serious enough. Maybe arial or impact.

SMS buttons are too low and have the other buttons go over them.
    Voicemail hack to listen to it would be great, but I see that it's not feasible.

Good stuff.
  11.    #171  
    Thanks for the incredible list of feedback. I have copy and pasted it to the TODO list and I will try to make my way through them, thanks.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    My understanding is that the ipk issue is to be resolved today.
    I may have the process wrong. Is it necessary to uninstall previous version? I did not, and installed the new version (via Prebrew), and nothing worked. I am going to uninstall completely and reinstall, hopefully that will fix.
    OK, I uninstalled on phone (orange+click) and reinstalled. I can now place calls, but SMS is not sending. All History screens stuck loading and go nowhere.
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preeminent View Post
    OK, I uninstalled on phone (orange+click) and reinstalled. I can now place calls, but SMS is not sending. All History screens stuck loading and go nowhere.
    Glad to hear that you are at least able to dial. Try quitting the app and restarting as it seems like WebOS sometimes freezes up a tad on web URL calls, but then it will work fine on a restart of the app.
  16.    #176  
    IPK can now be downloaded through the HomeBrew Gallery at http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...ogle-voice-app
    Thanks, but I've restarted phone, reinstalled app, restarted app, and the only functionality I have is the ability to place a call.

SMS Send button depresses, but nothing goes out. All history screens stay stuck in interminable load.

I'll wait for next update, hopefully that will help. I had no problem with SMS in previous version.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Definitely try a reset just in case. But also, please do send me a screenshot if you don't mind. natebiz@gmail.com

Do you see the a location for transcript on the detail screen for the voicemail and just not text or is there not even the bubble for transcript showing?

I'm having this issue as well. I've tried looking at both the voicemail and history and there is no transcript. To be clear, there is not even a bubble for the transcript. I've also checked my web version and the transcript did work and does show on there. I have 0.2.4 and also did a reset of the phone to make sure. Any suggestions? Thanks for the great work btw.
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preeminent View Post
    Thanks, but I've restarted phone, reinstalled app, restarted app, and the only functionality I have is the ability to place a call.

SMS Send button depresses, but nothing goes out. All history screens stay stuck in interminable load.

I'll wait for next update, hopefully that will help. I had no problem with SMS in previous version.

Thanks again.
    New version 0.3.0 is out at http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...ogle-voice-app. See if it fixes your SMS problem or at least provides you with an error message if it fails.
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by tliu79 View Post
    I'm having this issue as well. I've tried looking at both the voicemail and history and there is no transcript. To be clear, there is not even a bubble for the transcript. I've also checked my web version and the transcript did work and does show on there. I have 0.2.4 and also did a reset of the phone to make sure. Any suggestions? Thanks for the great work btw.
    I think I fixed this issue in version 0.3 which I posted at the same time you were posting. Try it out and let me know if your issue is resolved.