Page 89 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1761  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    It might be a good idea to give the homebrew and AppCatalog versions different namespaces.

I have 0.9.0 Homebrew installed and when I go to the official Updates program it tries to update gDial Pro. I definitely don't think it's an upgrade.

Also, it might help with the gDial Pro Integration Patch. It could be tied to the homebrew version and stay up to date and reflect the homebrew functionality. The current patch might try to launch the App Catalog version of gDial Pro and have unintended consequences.
    They do actually have a different namespace. The homebrew is in the com.palm namespace in order to do some of its special API magic. I actually keep both on my Pre side by side since the namespace is different.

Weird that it would be prompting you for an upgrade of the homebrew. Also, because of this the patch ONLY works with homebrew right now. I figure if people are wanting the patch and are able to install it, that they might as well use the extra functions in the homebrew version of gDial as well.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  2.    #1762  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewray View Post
    The error message is "webdial failed".

My correct phone numbers are entered on the Pre and Google Voice website account correctly.

I am able to make calls if I disable use web dial in preferences. FYI
    Hmmm, I honestly don't know why webdial would not be working for you. Does it work if you go to the mobile GV site and initiate a call?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post
    This.

As for the icon, no worries, I replaced it myself. Just surprised no one else notices that the icon is reminiscent of something I'd find on a Windows 98 desktop.
    I have tried to change the icon but i get an error all the time.
    Can you please detail the steps you took through PM? Love the software
    but the icon does feel like is from post 1995
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    I have tried to change the icon but i get an error all the time.
    Can you please detail the steps you took through PM? Love the software
    but the icon does feel like is from post 1995
    I guess this would be better choice for individuals who do not like the icon. I like the current icon very much and I believe, majority will prefer the current one.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Hmmm, I honestly don't know why webdial would not be working for you. Does it work if you go to the mobile GV site and initiate a call?
    I am having the same problem, I can initiate a call from the GV site. I'm using the latest build available from the app catalog. But with webdial enabled on my pre, I simply get an error immediate that says webdial failed.
  6.    #1766  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I am having the same problem, I can initiate a call from the GV site. I'm using the latest build available from the app catalog. But with webdial enabled on my pre, I simply get an error immediate that says webdial failed.
    If you are comfortable with logging in to the terminal on your Pre, it would be a great help to get the lines returned by running 'grep gdial /var/log/messages'.

You can PM them to me or email me nathan@gdialpro.com and I can probably get it worked out pretty quick.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I think I found the issue for those getting the error webdial failed. In the preferences under Google Voice Login where it asks for cell phone, I was initially putting in my GV number.

Changed this to my cell phone and seems to work now.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Just curious, but am I the only one who finds myself cursing at the shake to clear "feature" of gDial Pro? Once a day at minimum, I'll find myself typing in a text, look up to talk to someone or look at something, and the slight movement of my hands just from looking around causes my message to clear. Not only does it clear the message, but it clears the phone number of the person you were going to send it to. How is this useful? If I want to clear the whole message, maybe I could understand, but why also clear the phone number? Can we at least get an option to disable shake to clear?
    Question, I am using the version that's in the app catalog and I use the option to save certain contacts as favorites (in the app). These faves are NOT contacts in gmail OR in my contact list. It saves them fine so that I can go back and send a text or call, but is there a way to add a name to them? It saves the number to the faves tab but I cannot find a way to add a name to the number.

Thanks! GREAT APP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingViper View Post
    Just curious, but am I the only one who finds myself cursing at the shake to clear "feature" of gDial Pro? Once a day at minimum, I'll find myself typing in a text, look up to talk to someone or look at something, and the slight movement of my hands just from looking around causes my message to clear. Not only does it clear the message, but it clears the phone number of the person you were going to send it to. How is this useful? If I want to clear the whole message, maybe I could understand, but why also clear the phone number? Can we at least get an option to disable shake to clear?
    T-O-T-A-L-L-Y agree. I was gonna post the same thing. Why not just make a way to delete if you wanna delete? If you reset and "shake" or just "move" your hand they come right back along with the notification alert!

This is probably the only thing I don't like about the app, otherwise it's GREAT!
    Also, is there a way to delete just one or two particular messaging threads? I could message 5 different people which would show 5 different threads but I may only want to keep two of the threads. As it stands now, Either I have them all or I have none (if I reset, which of course brings them right back with a shake. Wish that could change as well.).
    Oh, one more thing....is the reported memory leak still occurring in the app catalog version?
  13.    #1773  
    I definitely have on the list to setup turning off the shake for clear an option.
    By the way guys, the patch to integrate gDial Pro into WebOS natively is now in Preware.

It is much easier to install and use than the WebOS Quick Install method and will probably be easier to upgrade or remove when new WebOS updates come out.

Keep up the good work flpalm!
    i guess there was an update, cause i'm not even sure why web dial was even enabled on mine.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    First of all thanks for this app! I am using the latest version on preware without the patch, I do not want to call all numbers from my gv number... But that patch is way cool for the people that would want it that way.
    I encountered some problems that I hope can be resolved...
    1. Web dial failed... Is that normal or should I do something to fix it? I did add my cell phone number to my gv account already.
    2. When I wanted to disable web dialing in the prefs my phone froze then rebooted.
    3. After it rebooted I tried to disable the web dialing again, it worked.
    Also...
    4. Call recording as far as I know should be as one of the choices when I receive a call... But it is not. How can I fix this?
    5. I would truly love it if possible, if when a phone call comes in that there was a gdial icon somewhere on the screen so we would know it was our gv number ringing. I don't want only my gv number as caller I'd so I set it to show the callers' I'd in my gv settings.
    Please help? Thank you!
    Last edited by gwyneth; 10/27/2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth View Post
    I would truly love it if possible, if when a phone call comes in that there was a gdial icon somewhere on the screen so we would know it was our gv number ringing. I don't want only my gv number as caller I'd so I set it to show the callers' I'd in my gv settings.
    Please help? Thank you!
    I definitely would love something like this also, but I don't know if it's actually possible yet.
    Just out of curiosity, any plans for a lite version that only includes the voicemail features? I'm sure I'm not the only one who plans on switching over my VM to Google as soon as Sprint gets rid of the charge. I know that someone is working on a visual voicemail app for Youmail, but nothing that I know of being planned for Google Voice.
    Hmmm how to use the patch? I installed gdial pro and the patch. To my understanding universal search contacts would dial through my google voice correct?

I think I need more explanation on how it works. I like how it sounds native dialer but dont really know how to go about it.

I just tried calling a friend i searched for her name but she said my sprint number came up. How do i incorporate google voice?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    Hmmm how to use the patch? I installed gdial pro and the patch. To my understanding universal search contacts would dial through my google voice correct?

I think I need more explanation on how it works. I like how it sounds native dialer but dont really know how to go about it.

I just tried calling a friend i searched for her name but she said my sprint number came up. How do i incorporate google voice?
    Are you sure the patch was installed correctly? Also, can you call out using gDial Pro and the other person sees your Google Voice number?

Also, for now the patch only works from the universal search menu. If you tap a name and open the contact page then it will no longer use gDial Pro. You must use universal search and click a number or hit enter to call from that menu for it to work correctly.