Page 88 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398138 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    I haven't installed the GDIAL.PATCH but I assume based on the description that it totally replaces your default dialer so that all calls go through GV?

How about the ability (just like Android and the official GV app) to have the abilty to decide when you want to dial using GV and when you want to just dial using regular Sprint line? Any way to get that done? Or even a small button on the standard dialer that basically allows you to call a number through GDial? Versus replacing the entire dialer?
  2.    #1742  
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickonline View Post
    I haven't installed the GDIAL.PATCH but I assume based on the description that it totally replaces your default dialer so that all calls go through GV?

How about the ability (just like Android and the official GV app) to have the abilty to decide when you want to dial using GV and when you want to just dial using regular Sprint line? Any way to get that done? Or even a small button on the standard dialer that basically allows you to call a number through GDial? Versus replacing the entire dialer?
    It only replaces the default dialer for when you use the Pre's universal searching. You can still open the default dialer and pick a contact to call, etc. Better integration could be hacked in I am sure, just have to go through the Palm code to make the modifications which will take some time.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3.    #1743  
    gDial Pro 0.8.9 is now out in the App Catalog so it should be working again for all the mass group of users out there.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    gDial Pro 0.8.9 is now out in the App Catalog so it should be working again for all the mass group of users out there.
    are there any remaining differences between the new app catalog version and the latest homebrew release?
  5.    #1745  
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane View Post
    are there any remaining differences between the new app catalog version and the latest homebrew release?
    Yes, the homebrew is still the only place for universal search within gDial Pro. That API is not a published one and so the app catalog version is not able to use it. If you are on homebrew, I would stay on homebrew.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Yes, the homebrew is still the only place for universal search within gDial Pro. That API is not a published one and so the app catalog version is not able to use it. If you are on homebrew, I would stay on homebrew.
    thanks for the info. An incredible app, my friend.
    I love this app, but the gdial.patch isn't the functionality I was wanting, as universal search is how I typically initiate a call. Can you either mod the app so once the patch is installed, we can opt to use or not use the univ. search, or tell me how to remove it? (ie. what is the exact path to the patch so I can type the string in WebOS QI to remove it)

Bottom line: I don't want the patch, and uninstalling/reinstalling the app didn't make it go away.

Thanks.
    Oh, btw...I installed it via QuickInstall, not preware...so it doesn't show up in the list of installed patches in preware, so it's not as simple as uninstalling it there.
  9.    #1749  
    In QuickInstall, you click Tools->Device Management
    Then change the dropdown to patches
    Check the box for gDial and click Uninstall
    All done
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Well flpalm, I FINALLY got through reading these 88 frickin' pages of posts. The only suggestion that I am sure is not within your control is if your app could allow me to make calls when I am in Argentina and ONLY have Wi-Fi available. Other than that, you have a awesome app that you can be very proud of. Google Voice is a great service with many possibilities. You have done a great job making use of it and integrating it seamlessly with the Pre.
    Great job!
    If Linux doesn't have a solution, then you probably have the wrong problem.
    Using the most current App Catalog version downloaded about 30 mins ago... entered all my GV access info, enabled webdial, cannot make a call. Disable webdial, calls go thru.

I am on WebOS 1.2...

FYI
  12.    #1752  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewray View Post
    Using the most current App Catalog version downloaded about 30 mins ago... entered all my GV access info, enabled webdial, cannot make a call. Disable webdial, calls go thru.

I am on WebOS 1.2...

FYI
    Does the app give you an error message when you web dial? I have seen some people having issues where Google Voice doesn't call them back like it is supposed to on webdial occasionally.

The other thing to check is to make sure that your cell number is entered correctly in the preferences and that you have added your cell number in your Google Voice account itself.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Does the app give you an error message when you web dial? I have seen some people having issues where Google Voice doesn't call them back like it is supposed to on webdial occasionally.

The other thing to check is to make sure that your cell number is entered correctly in the preferences and that you have added your cell number in your Google Voice account itself.
    The error message is "webdial failed".

My correct phone numbers are entered on the Pre and Google Voice website account correctly.

I am able to make calls if I disable use web dial in preferences. FYI
    It might be a good idea to give the homebrew and AppCatalog versions different namespaces.

I have 0.9.0 Homebrew installed and when I go to the official Updates program it tries to update gDial Pro. I definitely don't think it's an upgrade.

Also, it might help with the gDial Pro Integration Patch. It could be tied to the homebrew version and stay up to date and reflect the homebrew functionality. The current patch might try to launch the App Catalog version of gDial Pro and have unintended consequences.
    Sorry for my ignorance. but what exactly is the gdial.patch? Does that mean that we dial using our google voice number similar to how android handles it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance. but what exactly is the gdial.patch? Does that mean that we dial using our google voice number similar to how android handles it?
    Exactly. When you use universal search and tap a number it will launch gDial instead of the normal green dialer to call the number. It works for texts as well.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    Exactly. When you use universal search and tap a number it will launch gDial instead of the normal green dialer to call the number. It works for texts as well.
    Does it work if you go in the contact app and tap a number?
    I think he was indicating modifying the universal search itself to send contacts to gDial Pro instead of to the phone/sms app.
    This.

As for the icon, no worries, I replaced it myself. Just surprised no one else notices that the icon is reminiscent of something I'd find on a Windows 98 desktop.
    The icon is a major improvement over his original icon and I like it because it matches the mods I have made to my desktop. His original icon was green so my vote for keeping the icon the way it is.
    I don't think so, this is NOT Voice over internet protocol, with no cell signal, no voice.