Page 87 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Any chance of having gDial be the default dialer when we click on phone numbers in the browser or emails?

This has been one of my favorite and most useful apps.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i installed it through homebrew. everything works great other then calling out. i can send sms and i can get incoming calls. but if i try to call out, it just calls my cell.
  3.    #1723  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha7869 View Post
    i installed it through homebrew. everything works great other then calling out. i can send sms and i can get incoming calls. but if i try to call out, it just calls my cell.
    When it calls your cell, you should hear ringing once you pick up and that is it connecting you to the number you dialed.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Yeah, that is possible. I just have to figure out how to package it up in the format that they need.
    dBsooner just created a form today to submit patches to the Preware patch feed located at dBsooner's webOS-Patches Submission Form. He made a forum thread here: webOS-Patches Feed Submission Form is now ONLINE!

Apparently you just fill in the required information and he will package the .patch for you. Very simple.

I think this will be a great help to you flpalm and it would be wonderful to see the gDialProIntegration patch inside Preware
  5.    #1725  
    Thanks, I submitted the patch to them, so watch for it to show up on Preware.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    haha yeah i just figured that out. ok, last ?. am i getting charged for using google voice and gdail pro by sprint?

thanks for all the help
  7.    #1727  
    haha yeah i just figured that out. ok, last ?. am i getting charged for using google voice and gdail pro by sprint?

thanks for all the help
    It does use up your Sprint minutes when in a call, but Google Voice doesn't charge anything for domestic US calls. They do have a discounted international rate plan if you need to make overseas calls.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    but my sprint plan has unlimited mobile to mobile, so when i call someone through google voice is that mobile?
    Installed the patch, worked nice but I decided to uninstall it. Now when I click on a # in universal search it doesnt go to the dialer. Tried a restart and still nothing, any ideas. Thanks.
  10.    #1730  
    Quote Originally Posted by jschramm View Post
    Installed the patch, worked nice but I decided to uninstall it. Now when I click on a # in universal search it doesnt go to the dialer. Tried a restart and still nothing, any ideas. Thanks.
    Did you uninstall the patch or gDial Pro? You have to uninstall the patch to revert the behavior back to the old dialer. If you uninstall gDial Pro and not the patch then it will exhibit the behavior you are seeing.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  11.    #1731  
    but my sprint plan has unlimited mobile to mobile, so when i call someone through google voice is that mobile?
    For most people since the call is from their GV number, it is not considered a mobile number and so uses regular minutes like calls to landlines.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Did you uninstall the patch or gDial Pro? You have to uninstall the patch to revert the behavior back to the old dialer. If you uninstall gDial Pro and not the patch then it will exhibit the behavior you are seeing.
    I uninstalled the patch
  13.    #1733  
    I uninstalled the patch
    Very odd as WOQI is supposed to make a backup of the files it changes so that you can undo when it uninstalls. If you want you can look at the patch file text and go to those two lines in the file it mentions to manually change the file back. I apologize for the problem as I didn't experience it on my phone
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Very odd as WOQI is supposed to make a backup of the files it changes so that you can undo when it uninstalls. If you want you can look at the patch file text and go to those two lines in the file it mentions to manually change the file back. I apologize for the problem as I didn't experience it on my phone
    Thanks, I will try that. I will look into it more tomorrow.
  15.    #1735  
    Thanks, I will try that. I will look into it more tomorrow.
    Also check out this thread which has info on how to revert back stuff in case of issues http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-patches.html
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Can the gdial.patch be used with the version in the App Catalog?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Does the patch use GV when you select a number from your contacts?
    Last edited by ray1b; 10/22/2009 at 11:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    For most people since the call is from their GV number, it is not considered a mobile number and so uses regular minutes like calls to landlines.
    so by calling sprint and making my GV # one of my fave 5, it should be free...?
  19.    #1739  
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Can the gdial.patch be used with the version in the App Catalog?
    Not presently. Maybe in a future version.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  20.    #1740  
    so by calling sprint and making my GV # one of my fave 5, it should be free...?
    Yes, if you make your GV number one of your fave 5 then you basically get unlimited calling to any number in the US through Google Voice.
    Become a fan on Facebook