Page 86 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    That might be a google voice issue then as they are telling the app that the message went through even though it hasn't according to your friend. You can try sending one from the website as well to see if that goes through even though gDial Pro is not able to send.
    Ah okay. Guess I'll wait for now.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I just down loaded the homebrew app and everytime I try to call someone using web dial it says "Webdial Failed". I tried using both WiFi and EVDO, any thoghts? I double checked all of the information in the preferences screen
    Last edited by nickps; 10/21/2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Figured in out on my own, thanks
  3.    #1703  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickps View Post
    I just down loaded the homebrew app and everytime I try to call someone using web dial it says "Webdial Failed". I tried using both WiFi and EVDO, any thoghts? I double checked all of the information in the preferences screen
    2 things that usually cause this:

1) You don't have your cell phone number added to your Google Voice account.
    2) You are trying to use webdial to call your own number.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Excellent work with the patch that allows for native GV in search and dialer! This makes gdial pretty much perfect.

Is there any chance this will be added to the Preware patch list for easy installation and updatability?
  5.    #1705  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    Excellent work with the patch that allows for native GV in search and dialer! This makes gdial pretty much perfect.

Is there any chance this will be added to the Preware patch list for easy installation and updatability?
    Yeah, that is possible. I just have to figure out how to package it up in the format that they need.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    I'm using dial out, is there any way you can have the app dial faster like have less time between tones
  7.    #1707  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    I'm using dial out, is there any way you can have the app dial faster like have less time between tones
    I haven't found any way to shorten that yet. I am just sending a dial string to the main dialer and for some reason it dials extremely slowly after the initial Google Voice number is connected.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    I haven't found any way to shorten that yet. I am just sending a dial string to the main dialer and for some reason it dials extremely slowly after the initial Google Voice number is connected.
    ok
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    any luck pushing the update onto the app catalog?
  10.    #1710  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha7869 View Post
    any luck pushing the update onto the app catalog?
    Not yet, I will announce on Facebook and Twitter once it makes it out.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    The patch ROCKS!!! This makes it sooooo much easier to use gDial!!!! Love it!!
  12.    #1712  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    The patch ROCKS!!! This makes it sooooo much easier to use gDial!!!! Love it!!
    The patch was the idea of jcettison and I just made it happen, so thanks go out to him as well for the idea and pointing me towards where I could find the code to change in the native universal search.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I have been using the app for awhile and love it. I just updated it. I noticed something about a patch and it being able to make it use GV when doing a universal search. How do I make that happen...right now the only way to get it to search through my contacts is if the app is open. Maybe I misunderstood what it meant.

On a side note does anyone know if google voice will add MMS service?

Thanks for the help and the amazing APP!
  14.    #1714  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanarambel View Post
    I have been using the app for awhile and love it. I just updated it. I noticed something about a patch and it being able to make it use GV when doing a universal search. How do I make that happen...right now the only way to get it to search through my contacts is if the app is open. Maybe I misunderstood what it meant.

On a side note does anyone know if google voice will add MMS service?

Thanks for the help and the amazing APP!
    All you have to do is download webOSQuickInstall and the patch which I attached in the first post of this thread.

Unzip the patch file, run webOSQuickInstall, and drag the patch file on to quick install. Then click the install button.

That's it and then it will work from the Pre's universal search.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I am confused....I downloaded webOSQuickInstall. The patch on the first thread takes me to the Homebrew app. I downloaded that. What do I unzip? I tried to install it but nothing changed. I currently have the latest update but I use filecoaster. Should I delete that app and install the new one using webOSQuickInstall. When I download to my desktop the app is a .ipk file. Is that what I should be unzipping?
  16.    #1716  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanarambel View Post
    I am confused....I downloaded webOSQuickInstall. The patch on the first thread takes me to the Homebrew app. I downloaded that. What do I unzip? I tried to install it but nothing changed. I currently have the latest update but I use filecoaster. Should I delete that app and install the new one using webOSQuickInstall. When I download to my desktop the app is a .ipk file. Is that what I should be unzipping?
    Sorry, the patch is a little tough to find. I have attached the zip to this post as well. Just drag and drop it into webOS Quick Install and it will restart your Pre and then when you universal search and pick a number, it will open gDial Pro.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Works perfect! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Sorry, the patch is a little tough to find. I have attached the zip to this post as well. Just drag and drop it into webOS Quick Install and it will restart your Pre and then when you universal search and pick a number, it will open gDial Pro.
    I am not able to install the patch as it has the .zip file extension and cannot figure out how to change it. WOSQI recognizes it as a zip and won't install

edit: i unzipped the file and it installed just fine

/my life
    Last edited by MaxLOL; 10/22/2009 at 03:56 PM.
  19.    #1719  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    I am not able to install the patch as it has the .zip file extension and cannot figure out how to change it. WOSQI recognizes it as a zip and won't install
    Yeah, you just need to unzip it. Then you have a .patch file which is will understand and install.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  20.    #1720  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    They don't allow .patch files to be uploaded here so I had to zip it.
    Become a fan on Facebook