Page 85 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post
    Please, for the love of god, make a better icon. It frustrates me to no end to see some of the best apps on WebOS have the least professional icons and UIs. Start a contest and let users submit their icons to you and pick one, or have people vote on one. Anything to make your app seem like it BELONGS next to my WebOS icons.
    Icon is one of the better looking ones out there IMO.
  2.    #1682  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Icon is one of the better looking ones out there IMO.
    Yeah, I think the icon is going to stay. Most people seem to like it as do I.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Please, for the love of god, make a better icon.
    Meh, add my vote to liking the current icon.

Seeing as you're already meddling in undocumented APIs perhaps you could simply create a patch for gDial to have it's own Universal Search function much as the Quick Event app does.
    You're either using the App Catalog version, or if you're using the homebrew version you don't know what you're doing (Universal contact search does work within gDial in the Homebrew version).

But it has been discussed before in this thread and I don't feel like repeating it or finding it for you.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Please, for the love of god, make a better icon. It frustrates me to no end to see some of the best apps on WebOS have the least professional icons and UIs.
    IMHO, the icon does look quite slick and professional...but unfortunately (at least for me) it isn't evocative/mnemonic of the program's function.

Looking at a "g", I don't think "hit this to make a call". Wish the icon had some visual phone connection.
  5.    #1685  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You're either using the App Catalog version, or if you're using the homebrew version you don't know what you're doing (Universal contact search does work within gDial in the Homebrew version).

But it has been discussed before in this thread and I don't feel like repeating it or finding it for you.
    I think he was indicating modifying the universal search itself to send contacts to gDial Pro instead of to the phone/sms app.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I have a google voice account but for the life of me I can't get the preferences set correctly so I can use the gDial Pro app. Please help. Here are some screenshots:

7.    #1687  
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    I have a google voice account but for the life of me I can't get the preferences set correctly so I can use the gDial Pro app. Please help. Here are some screenshots:

This looks like the version from the app catalog which was broken by webOS 1.2.

A new version that works has been submitted to Palm on 10/5 and is waiting on them to push it out to the catalog.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I think he was indicating modifying the universal search itself to send contacts to gDial Pro instead of to the phone/sms app.
    Ah, my bad. I personally don't find it terribly difficult to launch gDial, then start my search.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers

A new version that works has been submitted to Palm on 10/5 and is waiting on them to push it out to the catalog.
    ah okay. Thanks a lot. I was whacking my brain thinking I'm too stupid to get it to work. lol
    I think there is a lot of confusion about this. People download the app and then it does not work as expected due to the 1.2.1 update. Is it possible to have PLAM update the download page to reflect this fact and indicate that a fix is on the way? Your app is taking a beating in the reviews.

with less than 200 apps in the store at the moment you would think they could toss you a bone here....

Sorry, just feeling your frustration.

11.    #1691  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I think there is a lot of confusion about this. People download the app and then it does not work as expected due to the 1.2.1 update. Is it possible to have PLAM update the download page to reflect this fact and indicate that a fix is on the way? Your app is taking a beating in the reviews.

with less than 200 apps in the store at the moment you would think they could toss you a bone here....

Sorry, just feeling your frustration.
    They aren't able to do anything right now until they update to the latest version. It is a real frustration point for me and every other developer I am sure. Hopefully they just get it going for us.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  12.    #1692  
    Seeing as you're already meddling in undocumented APIs perhaps you could simply create a patch for gDial to have it's own Universal Search function much as the Quick Event app does.
    v0.9.0
    -Fixed bottom menu disappearing sometimes
    -App maximizes when notification is clicked
    -Added in support for gdial.patch attached to the app thread which enables the replacement of the default dialer and SMS in the universal search on the device

The patch to enable this is in the 1st post of the thread. Just unzip and apply with webOSQuickInstall.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    So I went back to the homebrew version and after filling out the preferences it still acting funny. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. When I try to dial out using the gDial Pro homebrew app it goes directly to my google voice mail or something. I can't send texts or make outgoing calls. Please help. :/
  14.    #1694  
    So I went back to the homebrew version and after filling out the preferences it still acting funny. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. When I try to dial out using the gDial Pro homebrew app it goes directly to my google voice mail or something. I can't send texts or make outgoing calls. Please help. :/
    The homebrew defaults to web dial on, did you change that preference in gDial Pro?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Hi, I'm getting an invalid username/password message. Should I wait for a new os download as suggested above to diagnose any trouble?
    The homebrew defaults to web dial on, did you change that preference in gDial Pro?
    Okay now I can make calls out but still can't text out successfully. =/
  17.    #1697  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerdavidpatrick View Post
    Hi, I'm getting an invalid username/password message. Should I wait for a new os download as suggested above to diagnose any trouble?
    Unfortunately waiting for the app to be updated in the catalog is the only thing that can be done unless you want to install the homebrew version which has the fix.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  18.    #1698  
    Okay now I can make calls out but still can't text out successfully. =/
    What message do you get when you send a text message?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    What message do you get when you send a text message?
    It says SMS successfully sent but when I ask my friend to see if she recieved any text from me she says no yet I can call her using gDial Pro(homebrew). I check my google voice account it shows the text went through. Puzzling.
  20.    #1700  
    It says SMS successfully sent but when I ask my friend to see if she recieved any text from me she says no yet I can call her using gDial Pro(homebrew). I check my google voice account it shows the text went through. Puzzling.
    That might be a google voice issue then as they are telling the app that the message went through even though it hasn't according to your friend. You can try sending one from the website as well to see if that goes through even though gDial Pro is not able to send.
    Become a fan on Facebook