Page 84 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    i just got my invite to day im liking it so far...does google charge when you make a call because when i check my account online it says chared $0.10 and how can i make the sms not show up on my pre text messages??
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    The app catalog version is only able to search through your Google Contacts. So this would exclude Facebook, Palm Profile, and Exchange contacts. If you want full searching, I would recommend the homebrew version until Palm provides the API in an unrestricted way.
    I guess I misinterpreted how the search was being done. In any case, I sync my pre with my gmail account. So I have the same contacts in both places. I notice that when I search for a name using gdialer, I cannot find a lot of them.

I was just wondering if it was due to the size of the db or maybe the way the db is sorted. I probably can whittle down my contacts db, but I had merged my contacts with my business contacts and have about 1550 in there. It will take me a while to sort them out.

Thanks for your timely responses!
  3.    #1663  
    Quote Originally Posted by jabberwockdb View Post
    I guess I misinterpreted how the search was being done. In any case, I sync my pre with my gmail account. So I have the same contacts in both places. I notice that when I search for a name using gdialer, I cannot find a lot of them.

I was just wondering if it was due to the size of the db or maybe the way the db is sorted. I probably can whittle down my contacts db, but I had merged my contacts with my business contacts and have about 1550 in there. It will take me a while to sort them out.

Thanks for your timely responses!
    If the contacts are all in your gmail account, then it should work on the app catalog version even with the large size. There have been some improvements in the searching that I have added after the app catalog version was released that will all be in the next version as soon as Palm gets someone to review it and release.

Been waiting over 2 weeks with no review on just an update. Somewhat frustrating as they have a list of only the items changed and were supposed to be able to do a quick review of just those items to speed up the process
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4.    #1664  
    Quote Originally Posted by mackgunz View Post
    i just got my invite to day im liking it so far...does google charge when you make a call because when i check my account online it says chared $0.10 and how can i make the sms not show up on my pre text messages??
    Google Voice only charges for international calls. All US calls are free from Google Voice, but they do use your Sprint minutes.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mackgunz View Post
    I think you may be misinterpreting the $0.10 you see in your account. Google gives a $0.10 credit to new accounts.
    Last edited by Sheuba; 10/16/2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: typo
    First off I want to say how much I love this app with a google voice number. I was wondering if it would be difficult for the gdial program to allow contact groups to be created and then uploaded to your gmail account. or to upload them to an alternate gmail address. reason being i use my gvoice number for customers. And i want to make a gmail account with my personal contacts and a different email for my customers. I only give my customers my gvoice number and personal contacts my direct. I also use a different email for my customers and one for personal. So I would love if gdial pro could allow two different emails or even gvoice numbers to be used and organize it in the same helpful way it does with one gvoice number. Would this be possible or am I missing an easier way to make this happen?

Thanks!
  7.    #1667  
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaxdx View Post
    First off I want to say how much I love this app with a google voice number. I was wondering if it would be difficult for the gdial program to allow contact groups to be created and then uploaded to your gmail account. or to upload them to an alternate gmail address. reason being i use my gvoice number for customers. And i want to make a gmail account with my personal contacts and a different email for my customers. I only give my customers my gvoice number and personal contacts my direct. I also use a different email for my customers and one for personal. So I would love if gdial pro could allow two different emails or even gvoice numbers to be used and organize it in the same helpful way it does with one gvoice number. Would this be possible or am I missing an easier way to make this happen?

Thanks!
    I have a lot more features similar to this in the pipeline, but right now I am waiting on Palm to approve the 0.8.9 version so that people using the one from the app catalog can have a working program.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I just noticed a new issue for me. If I leave the latest version running for a few hours (haven't pinpointed the exact time, seems it may be random) the program history and SMS sending simply stops working and the Pre becomes laggy. It's as if the program starts constantly checking history and never stops but doesn't update anything. If I go to the mobile site I will see that I have new messages from hours ago but they never showed up in the program history until I reboot the Pre, and if I try to send to send an SMS from the program, it says it sent but if I check the mobile site it is never listed. Again this doesn't happen until a few hours after the program has been opened once and running, works fine before that.

Thanks, keep up the great work!
    Has anyone experienced extreme battery drain with gDial pro? I have the version from the palm app catalog, and it seems when gDial is open, my battery goes quick.

Also, am experiencing the invalid username/password issue but it seems this has been addressed in the next release.
  10.    #1670  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Has anyone experienced extreme battery drain with gDial pro? I have the version from the palm app catalog, and it seems when gDial is open, my battery goes quick.

Also, am experiencing the invalid username/password issue but it seems this has been addressed in the next release.
    There is a possible memory leak in the older version as lots of code has been cleaned up since the latest release. Just waiting on Palm still. Going on over 2 weeks for an update.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    There is a possible memory leak in the older version as lots of code has been cleaned up since the latest release. Just waiting on Palm still. Going on over 2 weeks for an update.
    Thats really too bad it takes that long for the app catalog version to be udpated.
    Thanks for the info. I am hoping they approve the new release soon! BTW, you do excellent work and I want to thank you for such a great app!
  13.    #1673  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Thats really too bad it takes that long for the app catalog version to be udpated.
    Yeah, I don't know if it is because it is a free app or what. But it has gone past frustrating to me as it is just an update and until the update makes it, I get bombarded with angry emails and low reviews.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone had issues with your bluetooth earpiece freaking out when using gdial pro? Mine gets unsynched or something when I use it. Any work arounds or solutions to this so far?

-Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaxdx View Post
    I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone had issues with your bluetooth earpiece freaking out when using gdial pro? Mine gets unsynched or something when I use it. Any work arounds or solutions to this so far?

-Alpha
    I am using Bluetooth headset with gDial Pro. No problem so far.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Is it normal to have to open up gDial to txt, call someone?

If I use universal search to type in a contacts name and their card comes up and I tap their phone number or sms shouldn't gDial come up and dial/txt them?

I don't like the extra step of having to open gDial first then use universal search if I want to txt/call the person.

I.E. is there a way to change the default txt/dialer app to gDial? Am I just uninformed on how to use gDial properly or is this working as designed and something I have to get used to as a Google Voice user??
  17.    #1677  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    Is it normal to have to open up gDial to txt, call someone?

If I use universal search to type in a contacts name and their card comes up and I tap their phone number or sms shouldn't gDial come up and dial/txt them?

I don't like the extra step of having to open gDial first then use universal search if I want to txt/call the person.

I.E. is there a way to change the default txt/dialer app to gDial? Am I just uninformed on how to use gDial properly or is this working as designed and something I have to get used to as a Google Voice user??
    Palm hasn't provided a way to do this yet. As soon as they do, it will go into gDial Pro.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Please, for the love of god, make a better icon. It frustrates me to no end to see some of the best apps on WebOS have the least professional icons and UIs. Start a contest and let users submit their icons to you and pick one, or have people vote on one. Anything to make your app seem like it BELONGS next to my WebOS icons.
    Palm hasn't provided a way to do this yet. As soon as they do, it will go into gDial Pro.
    Seeing as you're already meddling in undocumented APIs perhaps you could simply create a patch for gDial to have it's own Universal Search function much as the Quick Event app does.

Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post
    Please, for the love of god, make a better icon.