Page 83 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    i have checked all my settings and uninstalled and reinstalled several times.
    i keep getting invalid user name and password....

any help or suggestions would be appreciated

thanks
  2.    #1642  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    Hey there. No, I do not know how to do this. I have been having some issues with my phone since upgrading to the latest preware, so maybe there is some external factor causing this? If you like, send over some instruction and I'll def try and get it to you if I have some time. I'm getting a replacement phone either later today or Thursday, so I will try and help you out by then. Let me know!
    Instead of having me walk you through all of it, lets see whether it works at all on your new phone. Let me know and if not, then I can walk you through the steps to view the logs.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3.    #1643  
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmat47 View Post
    i have checked all my settings and uninstalled and reinstalled several times.
    i keep getting invalid user name and password....

any help or suggestions would be appreciated

thanks
    Are you running the version from the App Catalog?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flashrocco View Post
    Can anyone please help me..

I just signed up for google voice and got my phone number. But everytime I put my information into gdial it says invalid username and password. Anyone else have this problem? Is your username and password the same as the gmail account they sent the email to you to sign up for google voice?? Any help??
    Which version do you have .. I was having the same issue but thought it was just me doing something wrong -

Until this morning Ive been using the "old" version from the App Catalog - for awhile now, no matter what, gDialPro has been telling me my password / username are incorrect - but yes i could log in to the regular web app ( i was also using gdial just fine for the last few weeks prior - it just started this error US/PW thing)

I removed that version and downloaded the most current ( through preware ) and it now accepts my user name and pw

maybe there is a bug / something wrong in the app catalog version??
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  5.    #1645  
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    Which version do you have .. I was having the same issue but thought it was just me doing something wrong -

Until this morning Ive been using the "old" version from the App Catalog - for awhile now, no matter what, gDialPro has been telling me my password / username are incorrect - but yes i could log in to the regular web app ( i was also using gdial just fine for the last few weeks prior - it just started this error US/PW thing)

I removed that version and downloaded the most current ( through preware ) and it now accepts my user name and pw

maybe there is a bug / something wrong in the app catalog version??
    Yes the app catalog version is broken for most users as of webOS 1.2. The updated version is at Palm awaiting them to push to the App Catalog
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Does anyone know if this program acts like voice command dialing? I can't determine from the discription exactly how you iniate a phone call. Do you still have to press the number on the keypad? Thanks. I really miss the voice command dialing my last phone had.
    Quote Originally Posted by paladin2009 View Post
    Does anyone know if this program acts like voice command dialing?
    No, it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by paladin2009 View Post
    Do you still have to press the number on the keypad?
    Yes.
    I'm sorry if this question has been asked, but I could not find it anywhere...

If you use gDial Pro on your pre, does it use your cell phone minutes?? It might be a really stupid question, but I figured I'd take the chance!
    Yes
    Yes, it uses your minutes unless you have the Pick 3 option, and set your GV number as one of your Pick 3 options.
    ok, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    One thing thats bugging me. I have 2 VM's that show in gDial that won't go away. These VM's were deleted weeks ago, I even just looked through every single spot on the actual site and don't see them anymore. Any reason its not getting rid of these?
    From gDial's drop down menu, select "Reset History", and after that select "Refresh History".
    This process DOES NOT effect your actual history on Google Voice, only the history available on the Pre. This process will clear history on the Pre, and then resync it to what is actually stored on Google Voice.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I got two different google voice numbers one set up with homebrew and one with the app catalog and since you can't use the same mobile number for more than one google voice. I was wondering could you make the option to get an alert from gdial when I get a new text.
  14.    #1654  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I got two different google voice numbers one set up with homebrew and one with the app catalog and since you can't use the same mobile number for more than one google voice. I was wondering could you make the option to get an alert from gdial when I get a new text.
    If you turn on periodic checking in the preferences, it should put up a notification when a new SMS arrives.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Fantastic app. Thank you for your hard work. I hope that Palm pushes the new version out to the app store soon because I've been recommending this on the Google Help Forums.

For your next update, I think it would be really great to have more control over notifications. Since my voicemail comes to email and SMS gets sent right to my phone, I don't need gDial Pro to notify me, but I still want it to update my history.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    I'm sorry if this question has been asked, but I could not find it anywhere...

If you use gDial Pro on your pre, does it use your cell phone minutes?? It might be a really stupid question, but I figured I'd take the chance!
    As others have already mentioned, if you have pick three and you choose your gvoice number as one of them, the minutes will not be deducted from your balance; however, be sure to change your google voice "settings". Under the "calls" tab change the "caller id" option to "Display my Google Voice number" This way all incoming calls will appear to come from one of your three numbers.
    Great App! Thanks for all the work in updating it! One thing I have noticed is that the app fails to find some names in my contacts stored on my pre (it cannot find contacts that can be found using the pre phone). I have a large number of contacts and that may be the issue. Is there some upper limit as to how many contacts the app will support?

Another suggestion, since I am currently having problems with the user id/password issue, I am not using web dial. When using the dialer to pass the number to the pre phone app, can you shorten the delay to less than one second and still make it work? Is there also a way to shorten the delay between numbers or the length of the tone sent to speed up the dialing process? It would be nice if these delays could be fine tuned by the user. How difficult would it be to make the delay option a sliding bar from 0 to 3 seconds allowing for decimals like .5 and .6. Could that also be done for tone length and delay between tones? Just a thought.

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I am sorry if this has been mentioned already.... Wouldn't it be nice if this gDial replaced the Pre's Dialer as the default webOS dialer? Is there a way to launch gDial instead of the PAlm Dialer when you select a contact out of your contact list?

Same for txt msgs
  19.    #1659  
    Quote Originally Posted by jabberwockdb View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that the app fails to find some names in my contacts stored on my pre (it cannot find contacts that can be found using the pre phone). I have a large number of contacts and that may be the issue. Is there some upper limit as to how many contacts the app will support?
    The app catalog version is only able to search through your Google Contacts. So this would exclude Facebook, Palm Profile, and Exchange contacts. If you want full searching, I would recommend the homebrew version until Palm provides the API in an unrestricted way.

Quote Originally Posted by jabberwockdb View Post
    Another suggestion, since I am currently having problems with the user id/password issue, I am not using web dial. When using the dialer to pass the number to the pre phone app, can you shorten the delay to less than one second and still make it work? Is there also a way to shorten the delay between numbers or the length of the tone sent to speed up the dialing process? It would be nice if these delays could be fine tuned by the user. How difficult would it be to make the delay option a sliding bar from 0 to 3 seconds allowing for decimals like .5 and .6. Could that also be done for tone length and delay between tones? Just a thought.
    Thanks again!
    I have not found any way to shorten the dialling time unfortunately. With web dial turned off, the app is just passing a dial string to the phone app. For some reason the phone app dials the numbers after the initial phone number extremely slowly.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  20.    #1660  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    I am sorry if this has been mentioned already.... Wouldn't it be nice if this gDial replaced the Pre's Dialer as the default webOS dialer? Is there a way to launch gDial instead of the PAlm Dialer when you select a contact out of your contact list?

Same for txt msgs
    This could probably be done with a patch to the Pre files, but I haven't looked into it as I was trying to keep the app releasable in the App Catalog and at this point, they don't provide any way to override the phone or SMS app.
    Become a fan on Facebook