Page 81 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    works fine for me.
    thx Dr.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You should post what the problem and fix was, so that others possibly with the same problem, and on the slim chance they'll actually read the thread (oops, did I just say that ), will know how to fix it.
    My apologies, My error was that I was putting in my Google Voice number where my actual cell phone number should have been. So i was putting my G.Voice number in twice into preferences.
    flpalm,
    Why did you leave the last updated date as 9/8/09 for v0.8.9 when you actually released it on 10/4/09 (seen via Preware)?
  4.    #1604  
    flpalm,
    Why did you leave the last updated date as 9/8/09 for v0.8.9 when you actually released it on 10/4/09 (seen via Preware)?
    I don't control the update date. I think it was probably set to the last .8.0 release or something due to that other thread. As long my updates show in Preware and fileCoaster, the update list on PreCentral isn't a big concern for me.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Ah okay, didn't know how all that worked. Hoped that sam1am didn't get to you :-)
  6.    #1606  
    Ah okay, didn't know how all that worked. Hoped that sam1am didn't get to you :-)
    No, not at all. I understand his point actually in the grand scheme of things as from my perspective you can already see this sort of spamming happening in the official App Catalog with all of the Picture apps that the one developer keeps releasing on there A little frustrating to me as I am trying to get my gDial update into the catalog and the reviewers have to deal with 15 apps for finding the difference in photos or whatever it is.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Hi flpalm,

I love gdial pro. It is one of two applications that I ALWAYS have open. Thanks for all of your work.

I do have two suggestions. I want to echo/expand on jack87's suggestion with multiple dial out buttons but I would hope for the option to initiate a web call to another number. Sometimes when I am at home I want to connect a web call to my home number and not kill the battery on my phone. It would be nice if there were two customizable dial buttons as opposed to the current single button.

My other suggestion is more of a pet peeve. Now that copy/paste is expanded I copy phone numbers from the web often and then switch to gdial pro to find that I can't past the number. Would that be something that you could add without sacrificing other functionality? Perhaps there could be a button on the left side of the number entry area to paste from the clipboard.

Anyway, just my two ideas. I'm still loving gdial pro.
  8.    #1608  
    Quote Originally Posted by krope32 View Post
    Hi flpalm,

I love gdial pro. It is one of two applications that I ALWAYS have open. Thanks for all of your work.

I do have two suggestions. I want to echo/expand on jack87's suggestion with multiple dial out buttons but I would hope for the option to initiate a web call to another number. Sometimes when I am at home I want to connect a web call to my home number and not kill the battery on my phone. It would be nice if there were two customizable dial buttons as opposed to the current single button.

My other suggestion is more of a pet peeve. Now that copy/paste is expanded I copy phone numbers from the web often and then switch to gdial pro to find that I can't past the number. Would that be something that you could add without sacrificing other functionality? Perhaps there could be a button on the left side of the number entry area to paste from the clipboard.

Good suggestions, thanks.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by krope32 View Post
    Hi flpalm,

Google Voice has a lot of neat features, that I'm guessing most aren't aware of: Google Voice Features

One of those features, that doesn't specifically apply here because the call has to be an incoming call (not one made out through your GV number), but is still neat, is Switching phone during an incoming call

Quote Originally Posted by Switching phones during an incoming call
    To switch phones in the middle of an incoming call, just press * while you're talking, and your other phones will ring. Then, for example, you can pick up the call from your mobile phone (if you're about to head out), or from your desk. There are no passcodes or PINs to enter and, best of all, your caller won't even hear the switch.

Keep in mind that it's not possible to switch phones during calls you make through your Google number. If this is a feature you'd like to see added to Google Voice, please send us your feedback.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I have webos 1.2 with gdial Pro 0.8.9

When you select the book contact icon in the top right corner of the dial pad, it opens your contacts " pick a contact"... then when you select a contact, it places the first number in the contact in the dial pad screen.

My expectation is for this to mirror the palm webos functionality and display a list of contacts with their phone numbers i.e. home, mobile, work etc.
  11.    #1611  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewray View Post
    I have webos 1.2 with gdial Pro 0.8.9

When you select the book contact icon in the top right corner of the dial pad, it opens your contacts " pick a contact"... then when you select a contact, it places the first number in the contact in the dial pad screen.

My expectation is for this to mirror the palm webos functionality and display a list of contacts with their phone numbers i.e. home, mobile, work etc.
    It normally does allow you to select the phone number from the contact as long as they have more than 1 phone number associated with them.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I just called sprint and told them i wanted to add pick 3 numbers and they said it was a promotion and are no longer doing this. Anyone one else try it recently and get pick 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeLinn2 View Post
    I just called sprint and told them i wanted to add pick 3 numbers and they said it was a promotion and are no longer doing this. Anyone one else try it recently and get pick 3?
    You have to talk to someone in retentions. They are the only department that will add it for you. I added it shortly after I got my Pre when it came out. Don't add any mobile numbers now that we get free m2m. Speaking of that, I gotta update my numbers.
    hey flpalm. great app, as i've said before.

right now, with everything else so well settled, i was wondering if there was a way to turn off the shaking -> refresh feature. i find that when i'm writing sms messages, particularly while i'm walking, i end up losing the whole message halfway through, including the phone number, which i'm assuming is because it's refreshing the screen. is this an adjustable feature?

i'm using webOS 1.2.1 and 0.8.9. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Yep unfortunately this is an issue with the current version in the App Catalog and webOS 1.2. Hopefully Palm gets the latest version I sent them up ASAP.
    Hi FLPALM I'am having a problem that i cannot delete a sms or voicemail by sliding my finger across it to delete it as i once was able to do. What gives on this? Thanks
  16.    #1616  
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGTONE JOE View Post
    Hi FLPALM I'am having a problem that i cannot delete a sms or voicemail by sliding my finger across it to delete it as i once was able to do. What gives on this? Thanks
    As far as I remember, the program never allowed for deleting voicemail or SMS from within gDial. If it did, it was a bug in webOS prior to 1.2 as the program does not support deletion of history in any way.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  17.    #1617  
    Quote Originally Posted by preboxer View Post
    hey flpalm. great app, as i've said before.

right now, with everything else so well settled, i was wondering if there was a way to turn off the shaking -> refresh feature. i find that when i'm writing sms messages, particularly while i'm walking, i end up losing the whole message halfway through, including the phone number, which i'm assuming is because it's refreshing the screen. is this an adjustable feature?

i'm using webOS 1.2.1 and 0.8.9. thanks!
    Good point on the shake to erase. I will look at making an option to turn it off.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I didn't even know about the shake to erase. I got everybody I call in favorites and some times after I use gdial to call someone and the app is still open when I try to recall someone the web dial fails or don't even work. It happens alot when I call someone in favorite. I have to tap call a few times just so it will work.
  19.    #1619  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I didn't even know about the shake to erase. I got everybody I call in favorites and some times after I use gdial to call someone and the app is still open when I try to recall someone the web dial fails or don't even work. It happens alot when I call someone in favorite. I have to tap call a few times just so it will work.
    By failure, do you mean that you get an error message from the app or does GV just never call your cell like it is supposed to?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    sometimes I get a web dial fail and sometimes I have to hit call a few times in order for it to say web dial success... It works but I wonder why it says fail sometimes