Page 79 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    well that is not what i thought it would do at!!! thats kinda crap that it still charges you on your minutes... everyone i call has SPRINT to SPRINT so it would be kinda pointless to use GV to make calls to them when I dont get charged calling them with my sprint #....Oh well....lol I missed understood sorry and thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsdad View Post
    so i have questions.... does sprint charge you any minite time when you are on the GV #? or even charge you at all? app sounds good and kinda understand it but not really sure. Just got my invite last night and activated it but dont want to use it alot yet becuase I am unsure what Sprint will be charging me. I would like to use this GV # more and not use Cell minutes but when I did a test call to my wife GV called my cell and then my wifes phone, is that normal? my understanding of it was that it used the internet to make call that way u dont use you minute on your phone. Was I wrong?
    +1 what xtn said. GV uses regular minutes and does not make calls over data (VOIP).
    So, in your case of calling your wife, if that was a call to her cellphone then you should NOT use GV to make that call, since any call to Sprint or another cell carrier is free. If it was to a landline, then your best bet, as xtn states, would be to try and get Sprint to give you their Pick 3 addon for free, and put your GV number as one of the Pick 3.

Here's my story on how I got Pick 3, but keep in mind, this was 7/30/09 before they started cracking down on handing this addon out to people: My Pick 3 Story

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB
    I got Pick 3 added for free to my service yesterday with no problems.
    Called Telesales at (800)777-4681 (because the regular CS reps don't know about it). Told them I recently switched plans and was told that I can get Pick 3 for free on my account, and to call this number when I had the phone numbers I wanted to be in my Pick 3. The nice lady said okay, I can do that for you. Put me on hold for maybe a minute, then came back and got the numbers from me I wanted to be in my Pick 3 list (one of which was my GV number of course). End of call basically, besides the usual "anything else I can help you with today."
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsdad View Post
    well that is not what i thought it would do at!!! thats kinda crap that it still charges you on your minutes... everyone i call has SPRINT to SPRINT so it would be kinda pointless to use GV to make calls to them when I dont get charged calling them with my sprint #....Oh well....lol I missed understood sorry and thanks
    I think the main luxury of Google Voice, is the ability to have ONE phone number, and people can contact you at work, at home, on your cell, or on any other number you deem necessary for people to contact you at, just by calling your single Google Voice number. You don't need to give out 3 different numbers to people anymore. You can even receive and send text messages via your Google Voice number.
    And now, with flpalm's fine work, you can view and listen to your GV voicemails in similar fashion to Visual Voicemail, something the Pre (or is it all of Sprint?) is lacking at this point.
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/06/2009 at 07:22 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I've been having a lot of fun playing with Google Voice and gDial today as I was just accepted into Google Voice last night. But now I am wondering, are there any VoIP apps for the Pre? That would be really fun to play with also.
    542542 — Welcome!

What is 542542 (kgbkgb)?

kgb's text answer service currently operates in the US and Canada, 542542 (kgbkgb) combines the power of the company’s best-in-class knowledge database with the judgment and skill of a specially-trained community of kgb Special Agents who provide quick, accurate responses to any question. Users who text 542542 (kgbkgb) receive real-time responses to questions any time, day or night, from any cell phone, for a cost of ninety-nine cents.

Our Special Agents are specially-trained home-workers who provide you with human answers, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Think you've got what it takes to answer all the questions America has for you? Check out the job here.
    This costs 99 cents. I wonder how they charge google voice users
    They dont. Google Voice doesn't support short code yet.
    Follow Me On

Why would anybody in their right mind pay .99 for that crap.

Google does it for FREE! 466453
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Have downloaded Acu Weather and Pandora.

Tried downloading GdialPro from the App catalog and got this #@#$%@$%# message: Not Enough Memory...

I knew about this issue, but C'mon....I only have 2 downloaded apps!!!!! Is this some kind of sick joke?
    ya thats not normall. i have a bunch of stuff on mine. over 100 things well if u root stuff it fits a lot in ur pre only issue it starts to get slower. anyway in ur case it doesnt seem right. did udo u have a lot of music on it? and if not i would back up ur files and data u do it when u hit the back up icon on ur phone and i would to a full reset not only a partial a full reset. try that otherwise i got something wrong on urs.
  10.    #1570  
    Just so everyone knows, Palm is reviewing the app catalog version right now of 0.8.9 so I am holding off development until I see what changes they might need to that version in order to get it in the catalog. The last time they came back with some small changes and I want to be able to roll those up for them real quick in order to get the update out to the masses.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    +1 what xtn said. GV uses regular minutes and does not make calls over data (VOIP).
    So, in your case of calling your wife, if that was a call to her cellphone then you should NOT use GV to make that call, since any call to Sprint or another cell carrier is free. If it was to a landline, then your best bet, as xtn states, would be to try and get Sprint to give you their Pick 3 addon for free, and put your GV number as one of the Pick 3.

I just started testing this app out today... (looks great flpalm! ) I understand that GV uses your minutes. Especially when GV calls the phone and then has to enter you account information and dial out.

However if you have "Use web based dial" set to on... does Sprint still charge you air time minutes (does the answer to this change over wifi/evdo?)? GV still calls your phone but you don't have to enter any account info in?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I just started testing this app out today... (looks great flpalm! ) I understand that GV uses your minutes. Especially when GV calls the phone and then has to enter you account information and dial out.

However if you have "Use web based dial" set to on... does Sprint still charge you air time minutes (does the answer to this change over wifi/evdo?)? GV still calls your phone but you don't have to enter any account info in?
    When you use "web base dial" and GV calls you, you are still using minutes b/c GV is considered a landline.

The only way around this is if you have the Pick3 option from Sprint, and have your GV number as one of your pick 3 options. (this is how I am getting around using minutes.)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Enjoy being able to access GVoice from Pre. Nice to be able to show that to friends with other phones.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    When I use the dialer on google voice, my sms works but cant phone someone using webdial. Any idea what's wrong? I just got my service two days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    When I use the dialer on google voice, my sms works but cant phone someone using webdial. Any idea what's wrong? I just got my service two days ago.
    do you have catalog app? If so it is not the current version that works. It's been submitted for review & should be up in the near future. If not, I'm not sure what's up with yours.
    Hopefully that's helpful.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    do you have catalog app? If so it is not the current version that works. It's been submitted for review & should be up in the near future. If not, I'm not sure what's up with yours.
    Hopefully that's helpful.
    I have current version and it only the web dialer fails to function
  17.    #1577  
    I have current version and it only the web dialer fails to function
    This usually happens when one of two things are going on:

1) You have mistyped your cellphone number in the preferences of gDial Pro
    2) You don't have your cell phone added as a phone on your Google Voice account itself
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post

2) You don't have your cell phone added as a phone on your Google Voice account itself
    How do I add my cell phone as a phone
    How do I add my cell phone as a phone
    In GV Setup (on the web), in phone tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post

I have mine setup correctly and I am also getting the same error