Page 78 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Does anyone else ever get the Invalid username/password error? It worked for a little while this morning but now I'm getting this error.
    What version are you running? v0.8.7 and newer fixes this issue, which was caused by WebOS 1.2.x
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Does anyone else ever get the Invalid username/password error? It worked for a little while this morning but now I'm getting this error.
    Have you updated recently? The latest does seem to have this problem.

What version Web0s and what version Gdial Pro are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Have you updated recently? The latest does seem to have this problem.

What version Web0s and what version Gdial Pro are you using?
    Does or Doesn't
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #1544  
    Unfortunately, a lot of users are still on the broken version until the app catalog updates. I have the update queued up for review and so it should be processed by Palm "soon".
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by TerronVawter View Post
    This may be a truly far fetched question that may have been answered before, but I will ask regardless. Is there any way to develop GDialer in the future to feasibly replace the phone application ( I know it's on the ROM that can't be deleted without modifying the ROM ) and allowing Gdialer Pro to totally replace it and do the actual dialing instead of sending it to web-dial or the Phone app? That way when you tap your contacts in the Contacts App, it loads up GDialer, adds the Google Voice number infront of the contact number, logs you in automatically, then adds the appropriate pauses and digits for your contact?

Maybe I'm over thinking this. Maybe it could just be a modification to the preferences of the 'Contacts' App that allows you to choose whether it will send the contact to GDialer or the Phone App. Kind of like the way the Music App got modified with features to be called Music (Remix).

The main points that I'm trying to get across is GDialer integration with 'Contacts' and 'Messaging' Apps.

Thanks for humoring me. I truly appreciate your work on GDialer. This is one of the main reasons I splurged on the Pre.
    It is just a matter of how you use your dialer application. I seldom use my contact module to dial or message as it too big a list to browse through. Depending on the contact I am calling, I choose Native Dialer or gDial Pro. From here I can pick up any contact (including contacts of my gmail with homebrew gDial Pro application) I want to by searching First name or last name string.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    The app catalog version was broken with the 1.2 update. If you have homebrew, you can grab the latest release 0.8.7 which fixes that issue as well as adding a bunch of new features.

I haven't tested the app catalog version with 1.2.1 yet to see whether that may refix the broken pieces from 1.2.

If you are using the latest version and having trouble, please email support@gdialpro.com.
    Out of curiosity, how much is the paid version of this going to sell for?

On, slightly off-topic, do you have any inside information on when folks will be able to port existing numbers to GVoice?
    Quote Originally Posted by nachob View Post
    does or doesn't :d
    does not :d
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    It is just a matter of how you use your dialer application. I seldom use my contact module to dial or message as it too big a list to browse through. Depending on the contact I am calling, I choose Native Dialer or gDial Pro. From here I can pick up any contact (including contacts of my gmail with homebrew gDial Pro application) I want to by searching First name or last name string.
    Also while using Palm Pre, one thinks how the task can be carried out without opening sliding keyboard. Of course preparing text and sending will be almost impossible (almost because some apps available that sends pre-selected quick messages and greetings apps, could send message without keyboard input) to do. But by using Quick Contacts for native dialer, Favorite (star) for gDial Pro and using Web interface whenever you are in front of computer, one can certainly operate most of the times without sliding the keyboard.
    Last edited by bnaik; 10/06/2009 at 02:29 PM.
  9.    #1549  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Out of curiosity, how much is the paid version of this going to sell for?

On, slightly off-topic, do you have any inside information on when folks will be able to port existing numbers to GVoice?
    1) The current app with the current features will be free. There may at some point be a more extended version that costs money, but that hasn't been set in stone yet.

2) I have no inside information from Google. Wish I had a contact there as it would make it a lot easier, but I am in the same position as everyone else, I don't know anything and so far have gotten no preferential treatment or information.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'm having issues sending texts using gDial but no problem making calls
  11.    #1551  
    Quote Originally Posted by verno329 View Post
    I'm having issues sending texts using gDial but no problem making calls
    What version are you using? (You can check by going into the app menu and selecting help)
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    does not :d
    As for as I know, with homebrew gDial Pro ver. 0.8.9 and WebOS 1.2.1, the subject problem of "Invalid UserID and Password" is resolved. Skidmark, are you using homebrew gDial Pro ver. 0.8.9 and WebOS 1.2.1? If you are using Catalog version and WebOS 1.2 or WebOS 1.2.1, the problem is expected persist until the catalog version is updated by Palm, that flPalm is trying to get it done but as I understand the company is dealing with priority issue. I guess they want to start making 30% of cut ASAP!!!
    bnaik,
    you read that out of context. He was saying the newer version does not have the username/password problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    bnaik,
    you read that out of context. He was saying the newer version does not have the username/password problem.
    Yes, I misread him. Sorry. We are on the same page!
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    What version are you running? v0.8.7 and newer fixes this issue, which was caused by WebOS 1.2.x
    I thought the most recent version was in the palm app catalog which was v.6.8 but I just downloaded the recent one in home brew and it's working fine now. Thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem (both sending and receiving texts. The gDial Pro version I'm using is 0.6.8).

Thank you SO much for your hard work on this, btw. I will be sure to buy the for-pay version whenever it makes it into the app catalog.
  17.    #1557  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmt5 View Post
    I am having the same problem (both sending and receiving texts. The gDial Pro version I'm using is 0.6.8).

Thank you SO much for your hard work on this, btw. I will be sure to buy the for-pay version whenever it makes it into the app catalog.
    Yep unfortunately this is an issue with the current version in the App Catalog and webOS 1.2. Hopefully Palm gets the latest version I sent them up ASAP.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Awesome. Thanks again. Hopefully, with their new app submission policies, the logjam will clear up before long.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    so i have questions.... does sprint charge you any minite time when you are on the GV #? or even charge you at all? app sounds good and kinda understand it but not really sure. Just got my invite last night and activated it but dont want to use it alot yet becuase I am unsure what Sprint will be charging me. I would like to use this GV # more and not use Cell minutes but when I did a test call to my wife GV called my cell and then my wifes phone, is that normal? my understanding of it was that it used the internet to make call that way u dont use you minute on your phone. Was I wrong?
  20. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    They will charge you as if it were a land line, ie. it will use your anytime minutes except on nights and weekends.

UNLESS... you call Sprint and get their Pick-3 deal added to your phone and designate your GV number as one of the three.

xtn