Page 77 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1521  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Well, it's done it to me again while I had it open in history viewing the All summary. I did not receive any gDial notifications this time though. Things I've done while gDial was running: send/receive some texts via the messaging app; read a couple of emails (one of which I touched the notification to bring the email up). When I brought gDial fullscreen the nav bar was gone.
    This was over the span of probably an hour or so.
    Very odd, as from the program standpoint, it doesn't do anything upon activation of that history scene when the program is already running.....Anyways, I have made a couple of changes in the code that may help this out, but I am not 100% as I haven't been able to pinpoint any code and say "aha, that is why its happening."
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  2.    #1522  
    Well, it's done it to me again while I had it open in history viewing the All summary. I did not receive any gDial notifications this time though. Things I've done while gDial was running: send/receive some texts via the messaging app; read a couple of emails (one of which I touched the notification to bring the email up). When I brought gDial fullscreen the nav bar was gone. Seems to happen to me only when viewing history. I'll leave it running in a different view and see if it occurs again.
    This was over the span of probably an hour or so.
    I just want to reiterate though that I appreciate these posts as hopefully it will lead to the aha moment.

Also, if you come up with a way to recreate the issue 100% of the time that would be great as I can fire up the program in debug mode and walk through the steps to see if that is helpful.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Will do. I've had it running, in card view, in the phone view (scene) since my last post and so far when I bring it fullscreen the nav bar comes back.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Two hour update: gDial still running in Phone scene and nav bar still working properly. I have not received any gDial notifications during this time. I have sent/received text messages via the Messaging app and deleted a couple of incoming emails.
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/06/2009 at 12:15 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Please keep us updated on when the app store version will work with 1.2.1
    I think I may have found one way to force it to happen.

Phone was on the TouchStone charger with screenlock on, gDial open in card view to the Phone scene. Received gDial notification of 2 updates. Unlocked the screen, pressed the notification which caused gDial, while still in card view, to switch to the All view of History. But it stayed in card view. When I touched the gDial card to launch it fullscreen the Bottom nav bar was gone.

I was able to reproduce this a second time.

EDIT: I did it a third time, same as above but screen not locked, and got the same result after tapping the notification and gDial switched from the Phone scene to the history scene but stayed in card view, and once I put gDial fullscreen, no nav bar.

EDIT 2: Pretty easy to force this to happen (whether on the TouchStone or not). While in gDial, Reset History, then Refresh History, causing a gDial notification. Do nothing with the notification yet. Place gDial in card view (while in any of the navigation scenes), then respond to the notification. This will cause gDial to switch to the History scene (even if it's already there) but stay in card view. Next time you bring gDial fullscreen the nav bar will be gone.
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/06/2009 at 12:45 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers

Phone was on the TouchStone charger with screenlock on, gDial open in card view to the Phone scene. Received gDial notification of 2 updates. Unlocked the screen, pressed the notification which caused gDial, while still in card view, to switch to the All view of History. But it stayed in card view. When I touched the gDial card to launch it fullscreen the Bottom nav bar was gone.
    Nice work. Good and thorough troubleshooting.
    Just an update, I'm using the catalog app I got it to work again last week untillast night. I downloaded a new app from the catalog & now I'm getting that stupid invalid message again. I went away for a bit after I reset the phone & unchecked 'remember me' on the login in for my laptop. I downloaded another app & cant seem to get it to work again. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know. I'm glad to see that the newest version is up for review!! I'll be checking regularly for it. I love the app & really appreciate all your help in getting it up & running again.
  9.    #1529  
    Quote Originally Posted by fastkx125 View Post
    Please keep us updated on when the app store version will work with 1.2.1
    Will do. I have already submitted the latest version to Palm and so I am just waiting on them to push it to the catalog.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I jsut tried 1 more thing I did last night, I set my pre to use the media sync then I removed it (safely) & now it works again, how strange! Can't wait for the lastest in the app store!!
  11.    #1531  

EDIT: I did it a third time, same as above but screen not locked, and got the same result after tapping the notification and gDial switched from the Phone scene to the history scene but stayed in card view, and once I put gDial fullscreen, no nav bar.
    Thanks I will try to reproduce tonight as I don't have my touchstone with me.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Thanks I will try to reproduce tonight as I don't have my touchstone with me.
    Go back and read EDIT 2
    It works (or breaks in this case) whether on the TouchStone or not. The key here is to acknowledge the notification while gDial is in card view. Maybe it has something to do with you not automatically bringing gDial full view from card view when someone acknowledges the notification. Typically in other apps when acknowledging a notification that app will be brought full view automatically.
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/06/2009 at 01:05 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  13.    #1533  
    Go back and read EDIT 2 It works whether on the TouchStone or not. The key here is to acknowledge the notification while gDial is in card view.
    Ahh, ok. I will try to do it right now then
    Become a fan on Facebook
  14.    #1534  
    Go back and read EDIT 2
    It works whether on the TouchStone or not. The key here is to acknowledge the notification while gDial is in card view. Maybe it has something to do with you not automatically bringing gDial full view from card view when someone acknowledges the notification. Typically in other apps when acknowledging a notification that app will be brought full view automatically.
    Great, I was able to isolate the case and figure out the problem. It will be fixed in the next version release, thanks.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Will do. I have already submitted the latest version to Palm and so I am just waiting on them to push it to the catalog.
    hey man, I just wanted to say I appreciate all of your hard work on this

for those of us who don't want to go the homebrew route, is there another way to get the latest version of gdial?
    This may be a truly far fetched question that may have been answered before, but I will ask regardless. Is there any way to develop GDialer in the future to feasibly replace the phone application ( I know it's on the ROM that can't be deleted without modifying the ROM ) and allowing Gdialer Pro to totally replace it and do the actual dialing instead of sending it to web-dial or the Phone app? That way when you tap your contacts in the Contacts App, it loads up GDialer, adds the Google Voice number infront of the contact number, logs you in automatically, then adds the appropriate pauses and digits for your contact?

Maybe I'm over thinking this. Maybe it could just be a modification to the preferences of the 'Contacts' App that allows you to choose whether it will send the contact to GDialer or the Phone App. Kind of like the way the Music App got modified with features to be called Music (Remix).

The main points that I'm trying to get across is GDialer integration with 'Contacts' and 'Messaging' Apps.

Thanks for humoring me. I truly appreciate your work on GDialer. This is one of the main reasons I splurged on the Pre.
    I finally got an "invite" to Google Voice when I went to open it said it's not supported in my country Any .CA hacks for GV?
    Does anyone else ever get the Invalid username/password error? It worked for a little while this morning but now I'm getting this error.
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    I finally got an "invite" to Google Voice when I went to open it said it's not supported in my country Any .CA hacks for GV?
    I'm sure someone here would buy the invite from you

Palm Pre wallpapers
  20.    #1540  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    hey man, I just wanted to say I appreciate all of your hard work on this

for those of us who don't want to go the homebrew route, is there another way to get the latest version of gdial?
    Unfortunately not. Palm has announced some future plans to allow for instant URL's to be available for software distribution, but right now it is either homebrew or wait on the App Catalog.
    Become a fan on Facebook