Page 76 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1501  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Seems the Show/Hide Advanced button can be confusing at times. Can it say Show Advanced when its hidden and Hide Advanced when its showing?
    Yeah, I can definitely do that.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is there anyway the text part of the app can save the transcript of the chat in the same area where the texts are initiated. Sort of like the original Pre text app.
    650700p755pPre
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I tried skimming through this thread, but at 75 pages I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for very easily.

I just signed up for GV, and so far it's great. I just added the GV app to my blackberry today and it works good too. What I am wondering is if the GV blackberry app dials out the same as manually dialing your GV number. I have pick 3 and want to add my GV number to it, but I want to dial through the app or through my contact list using the menu the app provides, rather than dialing my GV number and manually dialing the number.

So, does the anyone know for sure that blackberry app dials the same as manually dialing so that it will be using my GV pick 3 number? I was worried that the app uses some sort of universal number or something, because there is no way to tell from looking.

Edit: I sort of answered the question on my own. I just noticed it dial an access number. So, does this access number change frequently? I'll add my GV number too, but I'd prefer to use the dialing app, so I hope the access number stays constant enough to use for pick 3. Anyone have experience with this?
    Last edited by gadsden; 10/05/2009 at 02:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadsden View Post
    I tried skimming through this thread, but at 75 pages I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for very easily.

I just signed up for GV, and so far it's great. I just added the GV app to my blackberry today and it works good too. What I am wondering is if the GV blackberry app dials out the same as manually dialing your GV number. I have pick 3 and want to add my GV number to it, but I want to dial through the app or through my contact list using the menu the app provides, rather than dialing my GV number and manually dialing the number.

So, does the anyone know for sure that blackberry app dials the same as manually dialing so that it will be using my GV pick 3 number? I was worried that the app uses some sort of universal number or something, because there is no way to tell from looking.

Edit: I sort of answered the question on my own. I just noticed it dial an access number. So, does this access number change frequently? I'll add my GV number too, but I'd prefer to use the dialing app, so I hope the access number stays constant enough to use for pick 3. Anyone have experience with this?
    i do not think there is very many people here that know how the blackberry app for google voice works your best bet is to find your answer at crackberry website. http://crackberry.com/
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by Flhd View Post
    Is there anyway the text part of the app can save the transcript of the chat in the same area where the texts are initiated. Sort of like the original Pre text app.
    When I get a text, that someone sent to my GVoice#, it comes to the text app on my phone. The text works just like the calls. It appears or calls the mobile device you selected or perhaps I'm not understanding your question.
    Guys I need help. I am running 0.6.8 and it is giving me invalid user/pass. I uninstalled it and I went back to the catalog to look for the 0.8.6 that you guys all have but it is not there. Only 0.6.8 for the apps catalog for me. I read something about the homebrew.. I downloaded the ipk file. Please let me know where I would put that. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e90330i View Post
    Guys I need help. I am running 0.6.8 and it is giving me invalid user/pass. I uninstalled it and I went back to the catalog to look for the 0.8.6 that you guys all have but it is not there. Only 0.6.8 for the apps catalog for me. I read something about the homebrew.. I downloaded the ipk file. Please let me know where I would put that. Thank you.
    You put the ipk file inside of WebOS Quick Install. Do a search on the forums for that and download the java file and you can install it from there
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    v0.8.9
    -Attempted volume fix for people with low volume issues
    -Fixed bug when clicking detail on an item that was not voicemail
    -I would like to get this release out to the Palm App Catalog, so please let me know immediately on any bugs
    What little bit I have used it, seems to be working okay. Played a voicemail with no problems. And I see they now auto delete themselves.
    Good job!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    May I request a button that activates the Google Voice "do not disturb" feature?

Now I have to use the last icon and bring up the google page to request "do not disturb". It would be helpful to build it into the interface somewhere.
  10.    #1510  
    Here is the link for the WebOS Quick Install, which will give you access to the homebrew gDial Pro http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html

Also, I have given the latest version to Palm to review and include in the app catalog after it has made it through their testing process.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    When sending a text or dialing a number, is it possible to list the person's name? Maybe with the number in brackets after it?
    when sending a text is it possible to just type the phone number? every time i click the to field it makes me select a contact in my list
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Doyle View Post
    When sending a text or dialing a number, is it possible to list the person's name? Maybe with the number in brackets after it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    when sending a text is it possible to just type the phone number? every time i click the to field it makes me select a contact in my list
    Don't click the field, just start typing the number or the name with the physical keyboard (no need to press the Orange button to get numbers). During the process it will also do a name search and list the various numbers associated with the name(s) it finds, but the number you typed should show up also.
    Name search example for John Doe: type JDOE
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/06/2009 at 06:43 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Is there a way to use Google Voice instead of Sprint's voicemail? Android users on T-Mobile have this capability.

Thanks.
  15.    #1515  
    Quote Originally Posted by htmanning View Post
    Is there a way to use Google Voice instead of Sprint's voicemail? Android users on T-Mobile have this capability.

Thanks.
    I believe that if you give out your GV number and turn off your Sprint Voicemail (requires a call to Sprint I think) that it uses your GV voicemail instead of Sprint.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Just a heads up, and I know this has been mentioned before, but I somehow manage to lose the bottom navigation bar and I haven't quite put my finger on when it happens exactly, or if it happens consistently. I think it might be happening if I have gDial somewhere in the history tab, have gDial in card view, a gDial notification pops up because of an update, and I press the gDial notification to take me back to gDial in fullscreen. But like I said, these are what I believe the circumstances were that caused this last one.
    I know I had gDial running as a card, I know I was in history but don't know if I was viewing a summary of history or viewing a specific SMS history item (it was one of those), and I know I brought gDial back fullscreen by clicking the gDial notification when I received a new history item. I didn't notice at that exact moment if the bottom navigation bar was there or not, and between the time I did the above, and noticed the nav bar gone, I had launched Preware to browse for new patches and eventually came back to gDial. Sorry I can't provide any more specific information, but this has happened to me more than once, and I'd say within the past 2 weeks. I always run the latest version of gDial available via Preware or fileCoaster if there was an update not yet available via Preware.
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/06/2009 at 06:44 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Just a heads up, and I know this has been mentioned before, but I somehow manage to lose the bottom navigation bar and I haven't quite put my finger on when it happens exactly, or if it happens consistently. I think it might be happening if I have gDial somewhere in the history tab, have gDial in card view, a gDial notification pops up because of an update, and I press the gDial notification to take me back to gDial in fullscreen. But like I said, these are what I believe the circumstances were that caused this last one.
    I know I had gDial running as a card, I know I was in history but don't know if I was viewing a summary of history of viewing a specific SMS history item (it was one of those), and I know I brought gDial back fullscreen by clicking the gDial notification when I received a new history item. I didn't notice at that exact moment if the bottom navigation bar was there or not, and between the time I did the above, and noticed the nav bar gone, I had launched Preware to browse for new patches and eventually came back to gDial. Sorry I can't provide any more specific information, but this has happened to me more than once, and I'd say within the past 2 weeks. I always run the latest version of gDial available via Preware or fileCoaster if there was an update not yet available via Preware.
    I have also noticed above. Somehow or the other, I have associated this with gDial notification at the bottom. After clicking the notification and updating it and restarting gDial always resolved the issue and brought back the gDial navigator bar.
  18.    #1518  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I know I had gDial running as a card, I know I was in history but don't know if I was viewing a summary of history of viewing a specific SMS history item (it was one of those), and I know I brought gDial back fullscreen by clicking the gDial notification when I received a new history item. I didn't notice at that exact moment if the bottom navigation bar was there or not, and between the time I did the above, and noticed the nav bar gone, I had launched Preware to browse for new patches and eventually came back to gDial. Sorry I can't provide any more specific information, but this has happened to me more than once, and I'd say within the past 2 weeks. I always run the latest version of gDial available via Preware or fileCoaster if there was an update not yet available via Preware.
    I thought initially this might be a webOS issue, but I don't see other programs reporting it so I will look more closely given what you posted to see if I can figure out what is causing this.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    As bnaik states, and I believe as well, it has something to do with pressing the gDial notification of an updated history item while gDial is currently running. What other factors might be involved I haven't quite pinned down beyond what I put in my previous post.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Well, it's done it to me again while I had it open in history viewing the All summary. I did not receive any gDial notifications this time though. Things I've done while gDial was running: send/receive some texts via the messaging app; read a couple of emails (one of which I touched the notification to bring the email up). When I brought gDial fullscreen the nav bar was gone. Seems to happen to me only when viewing history. I'll leave it running in a different view and see if it occurs again.
    This was over the span of probably an hour or so.

Palm Pre wallpapers