Page 75 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    Made the call to Sprint. For $5 a month they would give me 3fav numbers. I opted against it, I got 500 minutes to use on Landlines. Would love for GDial to go through Data like the jail broken Iphone.
    Try again and ask for retention if they don't give it to you. You'd be surprised how different the Sprint customer service people help or answer your questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    v0.8.8
    -Voicemails now play within gDial Pro
    -Automatic cleanup of the voicemail files from your Pre
    -Fix for bug where voicemail wasn't fully downloaded before playing it
    It isn't really working for me. I press "Listen" & the loading circle loads FOREVER.

Edit: I just got an "Invalid Username/Password" message. Gonna restart the phone & see if maybe that is why the voicemail loading takes such a long time.

Edit 2: Ok, a restart fixed the loading issue. But there are 2 problems...One of them you might not be able to fix.

1) The sound of the voicemail is pretty low, even at the highest volume setting. Is there a way to boost the volume or toggle the sound output between speaker/earpiece?

2) gDial opens up extremely slow now. I timed it and it takes about 17 seconds (from the moment I press icon) to reach the dialpad & be usable. I did it a few times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Even did on a fresh restart. It still look about 16-17 seconds.
    Last edited by Syphon; 10/03/2009 at 04:43 PM.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Haven't seen this problem posted...when I tap "Listen" to hear vm messages, I hear the messages through the speaker phone and the earpiece. I have tested several times, closed and restarted gDial and the phone, but the problem continues. Very strange. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    It isn't really working for me. I press "Listen" & the loading circle loads FOREVER.

Edit: I just got an "Invalid Username/Password" message. Gonna restart the phone & see if maybe that is why the voicemail loading takes such a long time.

Edit 2: Ok, a restart fixed the loading issue. But there are 2 problems...One of them you might not be able to fix.

1) The sound of the voicemail is pretty low, even at the highest volume setting. Is there a way to boost the volume or toggle the sound output between speaker/earpiece?

2) gDial opens up extremely slow now. I timed it and it takes about 17 seconds (from the moment I press icon) to reach the dialpad & be usable. I did it a few times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Even did on a fresh restart. It still look about 16-17 seconds.
    Sound for voicemail is pretty loud in my gDial Pro 8.8, It is controlled by the buttons on the side of the phone when voicemail is being played. It takes about 6 seconds to open up gDial Pad for me after pressing the gDial button. I got my button on Quick Launch pad. If that makes the difference. I guess the difference may be related to other setup of the system or something.
    I'm having an issue where the whole app freezes when I try to open any text message in the history view in 0.8.8 and webOS 1.2.1. Closing and reopening the app or rebooting the phone doesn't help. Anyone else having this problem?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    Sound for voicemail is pretty loud in my gDial Pro 8.8, It is controlled by the buttons on the side of the phone when voicemail is being played. It takes about 6 seconds to open up gDial Pad for me after pressing the gDial button. I got my button on Quick Launch pad. If that makes the difference. I guess the difference may be related to other setup of the system or something.
    Ok, mine is loading in about 5-6 seconds too. Not sure why ut was loading so much slower earlier. Weird.

But my messages volume is still super low. It's at maximum volume and it's tough to hear with the speaker against my ear. So for now I will not use it, just going to dial into voicemail.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I'm confused. Are the voicemails supposed to play through the speakerphone speaker, or the earpiece?
    everytime i go to history tab and click on a text or number, the app freezes? Any one else having this problem?
  10.    #1490  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Ok, mine is loading in about 5-6 seconds too. Not sure why ut was loading so much slower earlier. Weird.

But my messages volume is still super low. It's at maximum volume and it's tough to hear with the speaker against my ear. So for now I will not use it, just going to dial into voicemail.
    I'll see if I can play around with the audio output. Right now I am treating the voicemail as a 'media' type which should play at the same volume and out of the back speaker as the mp3 player.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  11.    #1491  
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyricky View Post
    everytime i go to history tab and click on a text or number, the app freezes? Any one else having this problem?
    Yeah that is happening to me this morning as well. I will take a look and it get it resolved.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  12.    #1492  
    v0.8.9
    -Attempted volume fix for people with low volume issues
    -Fixed bug when clicking detail on an item that was not voicemail
    -I would like to get this release out to the Palm App Catalog, so please let me know immediately on any bugs
    Become a fan on Facebook
    ok im confused about googlevoice, if I use googlevoice, will it use my minutes or data? i feel like an ***** asking this...I remember hearing that it will use your minutes because it's like calling a landline...we have the anytime plan by the way.

Chris
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Yes it will use your anytime minutes, even if you call another Sprint line. Sprint to Sprint free calling does not apply when calling from the Google Voice. However during nights and weekends it works the same as your regular line.
    650700p755pPre
    Quote Originally Posted by cswee10582 View Post
    ok im confused about googlevoice, if I use googlevoice, will it use my minutes or data? i feel like an ***** asking this...I remember hearing that it will use your minutes because it's like calling a landline...we have the anytime plan by the way.

Chris
    Yes, it uses anytime minutes as Flhd pointed out. However, if you get pick3 from Sprint (It is basically you choose 3 numbers that you can call anytime without using anytime minutes), you can choose one number as GV number and you will not use anytime minutes. I use Sprint Dialer for the contacts I know they have Sprint account so that even your contacts do not use anytime minute. All other contacts you call using gDial Pro. Some people prefer to use gDial Pro exclusively so that the sprint number is not given out to anybody. Also for the received call, you have to choose in GV setup whether you want to display caller phone# of GV phone#? If you choose Caller phone# display for incoming call, you will use minutes for incoming call. Not so, if you use GV# to display. I used 46 anytime minutes last month and I use phone a lot. I hope, I am clear.
    Last edited by bnaik; 10/04/2009 at 11:25 AM.
    Question:

Can you use google voice with a wifi connection only, similar to Skype? For example, traveling in a foreign country and outside of the Sprint network (Europe).

Thanks for the reply
    Quote Originally Posted by marty reedy View Post
    Question:

Can you use google voice with a wifi connection only, similar to Skype? For example, traveling in a foreign country and outside of the Sprint network (Europe).

Thanks for the reply
    No google voice is not VoIP
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    If you choose Caller phone# display for incoming call, you will use minutes for incoming call. Not so, if you use GV# to display. clear.

how sure are you about that.. i have always wondered but didnt pay enough attention to look into it. considering now sprint to mobile/mobile to sprint is free it is definitely hard to run out of min.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    how sure are you about that.. i have always wondered but didnt pay enough attention to look into it. considering now sprint to mobile/mobile to sprint is free it is definitely hard to run out of min.
    If it is one received a call from mobile phone, I guess, it would not add to minute. However, I am not sure of that. One thing I am sure of is, I use cell phone a lot, incoming and outgoing and I used only 46 anytime minutes for the last month with GV setup to display my GV number for incoming call. Since ours is family plan, other members will have more minutes to use. I also, downgraded my plan to use 1500 anytime minutes from 3000 anytime minutes. I guess, that helps.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Seems the Show/Hide Advanced button can be confusing at times. Can it say Show Advanced when its hidden and Hide Advanced when its showing?