Page 70 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #1381  
    I was getting the error. Deleted, rebooted, reinstalled=same error. I just reset history & now I can use it except I can not use web dialing still. Calls & sms are going through fine. I have 1.2 & the app catalog version. I love the app & can't wait for more current updates to hit the catalog. I don't want to mess with rooting. Thanks for all the work your doing!!
  2. #1382  
    This sounds crazy but try toggling the show/hide advanced button under preferences and then use the back gesture to save. Of course, first make all your settings are correct. This is what I think worked for me.
  3.    #1383  
    Yeah it has been hard for me to isolate down what the issue is because it works perfect in the emulator every time. I have cut the code down a lot in terms of logging in which should pay dividends in speed once the issue is fixed in webOS.

    I still believe it to be a webOS issue at this point since it worked fine prior to 1.2 and works fine in the emulator every time. The only other issue is if Google is doing some sort of throttling due to Google Contact syncing on the Pre and it then interferes with gDial Pro, but I am really clueless on the issue at this point.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4. #1384  
    flpalm, you're still experiencing intermittent connection issues as well?
    FWIW, I've been randomly launching and closing gDial v0.8.2 since my last post around 12:45 and have not had any connection issues. Strange.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/30/2009 at 05:54 PM.
  5.    #1385  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    flpalm, you're still experiencing intermittent connection issues as well?
    FWIW, I've been randomly launching and closing gDial v0.8.2 since my last post around 12:45 and have not had any connection issues. Strange.
    I have gotten the message only 1 time since my reboot yesterday. And closing and reopening fixed it immediately. That is half of my battle, the other half is a development tools issue in that when it does happen on the phone, it is very difficult to debug as opposed to the amount of debug I get from the emulator.

    But, if I could get my phone to consistently fail at this point, I could probably be able to see what the error message is from Google. The logging truncates any error messages that are above like 3 lines of text so even outputting the failed result to the error log is worthless as it doesn't give me all of the html I need to see what Google is responding with.

    Maybe tomorrow I can setup a special debug version for anyone with consistent failures to chop up the failure HTML for me and output it line by line to the logs so they can email them to me.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  6. ldudiaz's Avatar
    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    #1386  
    I also have the problem of invalid username and password
  7.    #1387  
    Anyone getting the invalid login message consistently, can you download the 0.8.4 special release at Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire and install on your Pre.

    Then I need you to login to the root console of your Pre and type grep gdial /var/log/messages and email me the output (remove any of your login details please) to nathan@gdialpro.com

    There should be a message in the log file on failure that will tell me what Google is responding with when they don't return a successful login.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  8. #1388  
    yesterday mine was not working today its fine.. on wifi mode.

    i did a web os doctor install fresh last night prior to that it was not working today seems to be fine
    MatterOfFactJack
  9. jsa334's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #1389  
    thanks 8.4 is working on wifi
  10.    #1390  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsa334 View Post
    thanks 8.4 is working on wifi
    If 8.4 breaks, there should be useful info in the logs to help me track it down so please make sure to look in your logs even if you get only a single failure.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  11. #1391  
    Just downloaded 0.8.3 and I am now getting invalid login. I was A ok with the previous version
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
  12. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #1392  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    If 8.4 breaks, there should be useful info in the logs to help me track it down so please make sure to look in your logs even if you get only a single failure.
    Won't be able to tonight, but I will first thing early tomorrow.
  13. #1393  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Anyone getting the invalid login message consistently, can you download the 0.8.4 special release at Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire and install on your Pre.

    Then I need you to login to the root console of your Pre and type grep gdial /var/log/messages and email me the output (remove any of your login details please) to nathan@gdialpro.com

    There should be a message in the log file on failure that will tell me what Google is responding with when they don't return a successful login.
    Can you put 0.84 on precentral?
    I downloaded 0.83. Restarted my pre and gdial didn't work on wifi. I turned off wifi and it worked on evdo. After that I turned on wifi and it worked. For some reason, it didn't work the first time with wifi.
    BTW, thanks for great work.
  14. #1394  
    it was not working for me since 0.8 on login issues(if I remembered correctly)
    but seems 0.84 corrected everything so far
  15.    #1395  
    Just to help everyone out who downloads 8.4 and is searching their logs. There should be a mention of "Couldn't get magic key" and then the next line in the log is what I need. It should be the html response from Google stripped of all html tags so I can see what they are actually replying to the login request from gDial Pro. As they don't seem to be giving the proper response when the error shows up.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  16. #1396  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Just to help everyone out who downloads 8.4 and is searching their logs. There should be a mention of "Couldn't get magic key" and then the next line in the log is what I need. It should be the html response from Google stripped of all html tags so I can see what they are actually replying to the login request from gDial Pro. As they don't seem to be giving the proper response when the error shows up.
    For some reason, 0.84 doesn't show up on filecoaster/homebrew. Any idea?
  17. jsa334's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #1397  
    Quote Originally Posted by axmuzaffar View Post
    For some reason, 0.84 doesn't show up on filecoaster/homebrew. Any idea?
    Scroll up to post 1382
  18. VDubb722's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1398  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    I disagree totally. No other developer updates and/or responds to changing OS and other issues like flpalm does. With changing OS and other issues, the problems are likely to emerge. But how quickly and effectively you resolve or even attempt to resolve that is what determines the ratings. No developer even comes close to that of gDial Pro in that respect. Thanks Flpalm. Keep up the good work. Let not the comment like this distract you.
    Wow. Quit acting like a brown-nosing cheerleader and check the latest ratings, then come back and tell me that's not the case. I like the app, but I took notice that recent ratings are not good which is definitely not good for the app.

    - VDubb
  19.    #1399  
    I reuploaded 0.8.4 to Precentral with what I think finally fixes the issue. It was a Google problem, which is why it was intermittent.

    If you have already downloaded 8.4 in the past hour, please uninstall and redownload as it is actually different, but I need to conserve version numbers as I can't hit an official 1.0 app in the real app catalog until it is out of beta (silly, I know).
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  20. #1400  
    I keep getting an error 4 even after uninstalling and reinstalling several times.

Posting Permissions