Page 69 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Updated to 0.8.2 on webOS 1.2 (on the Pre, not the emulator).

The dialing works for me now, but unfortunately the dialer, SMS, history, favorites, etc. buttons are missing from the screen.

Also, the "Show/Hide Advanced" button still doesn't work. Pressing the button will visually depress it but nothing happens when I untap it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Maybe it has nothing at all to do with gDial or WebOS 1.2.0 and it's something that Google is doing, possibly denying connection attempts, since there's no consistency to why it's happening.
    Probably not. If it is Google Voice issue, then I should have problem with WebOS 1.2 and gDial Pro 0.8.0. But I never had any such issues. I use gDial Pro a lot... all day long. So, Google Voice problem is unlikely. What changed from gDial Pro 0.8.0 to 0.8.1 seems to be the issue.
  3.    #1363  
    Quote Originally Posted by christefano View Post
    Updated to 0.8.2 on webOS 1.2 (on the Pre, not the emulator).

The dialing works for me now, but unfortunately the dialer, SMS, history, favorites, etc. buttons are missing from the screen.

Also, the "Show/Hide Advanced" button still doesn't work. Pressing the button will visually depress it but nothing happens when I untap it.
    I think the show/hide issue is just that you then have to scroll down. It can look like it isn't doing anything due to the positioning of the button. But click it and then try to scroll down.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4.    #1364  
    I have retuned the login code even more and released 0.8.3 which I think will bypass the cookie issue that webOS 1.2 introduced. Again, this tested out fine on my Pre, but until you guys test it I have no way of knowing if this issue is fully solved.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I am still on 0.8.1 and with wifi off as reported it does not give me the password stuff. With wifi on it does. However, if I wait for 5 to 6 seconds then the app works. I just noticed 0.8.3 came out so I will give this a try. Thanks flpalm for all of your efforts. This is a must have app.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    0.8.3 is working well for me still, have not and am not experiencing any trouble related to the above posts. flpalm, I am PM'ing you about 1 potential thing I noticed that I didn't want to make public at the moment.
    I am on 0.8.3 and I logged into google voice on my computer, changed my settings to not require a pin, and tried to log into gdial pro without a pin and it still gave me invalid username/password. I just thought I would try something and report the results.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I have been using it for awhile without any problems at all. but i have a question - why when I dial the number from GV on my phone, it starts ringing my phone saying i have my own GV number calling me? once I answer it continues normally... Was that supposed to be like that form the beginning?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Update (this is using EVDO):
    9:23am: everything was working fine

9:30am: Via Preware, uninstalled Virtual Keyboard v0.4.0. After Luna restart, deleted Virtual Keyboard folder (via USB drive mode). Installed Virtual Keyboard v0.4.2. Via USB drive mode, edited the config file for Virtual Keyboard, only changing the haptic feedback to 50.

11:45am: Launched gDial Pro v0.8.1, now I'm getting "Unable to login check username/pa..."
    Updated to v0.8.2 and received invalid username/password error.
    Uninstalled Virtual Keyboard and deleted the Virtual Keyboard folder (trying to eliminate it as somehow being the cause since that's the only thing that changed from the time it was working to not working). gDial Pro was then able to connect and retrieve history (no login errors). Maybe this was caused by a Luna restart (required when removing/installing Virtual Keyboard)???

12:05: Reinstalled Virtual Keyboard 4.2, did not use it at this point and made no changes to the config file: launched gDial and was able to retrieve history (no login errors).
    Used Virtual Keyboard 4.2: launched gDial and was able to retrieve history (no login errors).

12:19: Placed Pre in USB drive mode to edit the Virtual Keyboard config file. Only change I made was the haptic feedback to 50.
    After disconnecting Pre, launching gDial, now I'm getting Invalid username/password error.

12:20-12:23: Rebooted Pre with Org+Sym+R. Launched gDial and received Invalid username/password error.

12:28: Uninstalled Virtual Keyboard again, but this time didn't delete the Virtual Keyboard folder. gDial reported Invalid username/password.

12:30: Connected Pre to PC via USB drive mode, deleted Virtual Keyboard folder, disconnected Pre. gDial was able to retrieve history (no login errors).

Soooo, is making changes to the config file for Virtual Keyboard causing problems with gDial? Was it the haptic feedback change that I made? I dunno.

EDIT: Since I wanted to reinstall Virtual Keyboard, I did some more testing

12:41: reinstalled Virtual Keyboard 0.4.2 via Preware, launched gDial after Luna restart, was able to retrieve history (no login errors).

12:42: place Pre in USB drive mode, viewed folder contents but didn't make any changes. Disconnected Pre from PC. Launched gDial and was able to retrieve history (no login errors).

12:45: Placed Pre in USB drive mode, edited the Virtual Keyboard config file changing haptic to 50. Disconnected Pre from PC. Launched gDial and was able to retrieve history (no login errors).

So I'm at a loss. At first it seemed to be tied to what I was doing with Virtual Keyboard. But gDial is now still working even after installing Virtual Keyboard and editing the config file.
    I don't have virtual keyboard installed yet and I am still getting the invalid username/password.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    I have been using it for awhile without any problems at all. but i have a question - why when I dial the number from GV on my phone, it starts ringing my phone saying i have my own GV number calling me? once I answer it continues normally... Was that supposed to be like that form the beginning?
    Yes. That is how it is designed to work with web dial on.
    Yes, unless you have web dial turned off.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Yes, that is how web dial works. Alternatively you could go through GV voicemail to make calls, but I personally thing that is annoying and it takes longer.
    Ok this is just frustrating. Logged in and had the password issue. Then I turned wifi off and tried the web dial with just EVDO. Worked fine as before. Then I turned wifi back on and tried with success. Then I closed the app and re-opned the app with wifi on and had no problems? So, it seems to be working now. This is with 0.8.3. Thanks for all your efforts flpalm!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Updated to the latest and I still have the same issue (again, it worked for a bit). Rebooted after udpate as well. Tried with Wi-fi on/off still get invalid username/password.
    Weird. It is working fine for me now. Here is exactly what I did.

• Started gdial pro and entered login information.
    • Hit the show/hide advanced button to customize my advanced settings.
    • Hit the show/hide advanced button to hide my advanced settings.
    • Used back gesture to save settings.
    • Received error "Invalid username/password".
    • Reset Pre under device options after closing gdail pro.
    • After it rebooted I opened gdial pro.
    • Received an error that said something like "unable to connect check username/password" or something like that.
    • Clicked on the pull down menu and clicked on preferences.
    • Clicked on show/hide advanced to check my advanced options.
    • This point is a little fuzzy because it happened so quick and I can't remember exactly what I did. I think I toggled on and off the show/hide advanced button and then used the back gesture to save my changes without pressing the button to hide the settings like I did in the past. I could have also hit the back gesture, had the error pop up, clicked on preferences, and then back gesture immediately and then it popped up I have 6 new items and such.

Now it is working. I hope you can understand all of this and hopefully it helps figure out what the issue is. Mine is working now.
    Restarting my phone orange+sym+R got rid of the invalid username/pw error.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    Restarting my phone orange+sym+R got rid of the invalid username/pw error.

I was getting the Invalid UN/PW error as well. I'm running 0.8.2 and did the orange+sym+R to restart. Works perfectly now!
    dunno if this would be helpful, but i've been using the app catalog version 0.6.8 since 9/20. i have a completely stock pre (no homebrews, tweaks, patches, etc). a few days before i upgraded to webOS 1.2, on 9/25 i started to get the invalid user/password intermittently. sometimes when i rebooted it would work again, but once i upgraded to webOS 1.2 on 9/29 early moring, nothing i did would allow me to webdial or SMS because of the user/pass issue. however, once i deleted the app, reinstalled from the app catalog, and rebooted, it hasn't given me anymore problems.

hope it gives you some more insight into what's going on, flpalm.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingViper View Post
    I was getting the Invalid UN/PW error as well. I'm running 0.8.2 and did the orange+sym+R to restart. Works perfectly now!
    I am having the unable to login issue and read here before I asked.
    I'm running 0.8.3
    I rebooted but it is still there. Also GDial is VERY sluggish now. Takes about 2 or 3 times longer to load. I am unsure why..
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Uninstalled 0.8.2. Restarted phone. Installed 0.8.3 via FileCoaster. Invalid user name problem persists.