Page 68 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    OK cool.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Updated, rebooted and get invalid username/password message.
  3.    #1343  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Updated, rebooted and get invalid username/password message.
    On the latest 0.8.2 version?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    On the latest 0.8.2 version?
    Yes sir. Re-entered the password as well.
  5.    #1345  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Yes sir. Re-entered the password as well.
    Some people have mentioned something about going to the web part of the app and then closing and reopening works for some reason.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Some people have mentioned something about going to the web part of the app and then closing and reopening works for some reason.
    I went to the web part and put my login info there as well. Signed in, but it still says invalid username/password.
    I had the problem again too but I rebooted and it's fine for me now.
    gDial Pro 0.8.2 & WebOS 1.2

First run after install it appears to work. Subsequent launches result in a username/password error. Going through the web part works.
  9.    #1349  
    This problem is maddening and seems to be a cookie issue with AJAX for anyone technically inclined. Obviously they broke it in 1.2 somehow and my workarounds are not working for everyone.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Well I rebooted one more time after re-logging into the web section.
    Was able to place a call via web-dial. Re-launched the app about another 3 times and didn't get any messages about invalid username/password.
    Odd indeed.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    For informational purposes... I have not been able to make it NOT work. Every version has worked just fine for me across multiple uses, restarts, etc etc.

If there is anything I can do to help test or something, I'd be happy to.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    flpalm,

An update...as I posted earlier today, I was using 1.2 and gDial 0.8.1 with no problems, either on Wifi or EVDO.

A few minutes ago, I was testing the SMS function of my Pre, having read elsewhere that 1.2 may have broken SMS notifications.

I sent an SMS from by GV number, using gDial, to my phone. It was received normally, although I didn't get a notification. I then sent a reply SMS to my GV number. Received normally with notification.

For some reason, gDial closed during or after this activity. When I launched it again, I was unable to login, as others here have experienced.

Downloaded 0.8.2, restarted the phone, and the problem persists. I can get to my history and access the GV site, but cannot login to make calls using gDial.

Very strange. Hope this helps somewhat with the diagnosis. Feel free to PM if I can do anything to help. Thanks for your efforts.
    I am able to make an out going phone call using webdial and EVDO. No wifi signal at work.
    8.1 and webos 1.2
    Update (this is using EVDO):
    9:23am: everything was working fine

9:30am: Via Preware, uninstalled Virtual Keyboard v0.4.0. After Luna restart, deleted Virtual Keyboard folder (via USB drive mode). Installed Virtual Keyboard v0.4.2. Via USB drive mode, edited the config file for Virtual Keyboard, only changing the haptic feedback to 50.

11:45am: Launched gDial Pro v0.8.1, now I'm getting "Unable to login check username/pa..."
    Updated to v0.8.2 and received invalid username/password error.
    Uninstalled Virtual Keyboard and deleted the Virtual Keyboard folder (trying to eliminate it as somehow being the cause since that's the only thing that changed from the time it was working to not working). gDial Pro was then able to connect and retrieve history (no login errors). Maybe this was caused by a Luna restart (required when removing/installing Virtual Keyboard)???

12:05: Reinstalled Virtual Keyboard 4.2, did not use it at this point and made no changes to the config file: launched gDial and was able to retrieve history (no login errors).
    Used Virtual Keyboard 4.2: launched gDial and was able to retrieve history (no login errors).

12:19: Placed Pre in USB drive mode to edit the Virtual Keyboard config file. Only change I made was the haptic feedback to 50.
    After disconnecting Pre, launching gDial, now I'm getting Invalid username/password error.

12:20-12:23: Rebooted Pre with Org+Sym+R. Launched gDial and received Invalid username/password error.

12:28: Uninstalled Virtual Keyboard again, but this time didn't delete the Virtual Keyboard folder. gDial reported Invalid username/password.

12:30: Connected Pre to PC via USB drive mode, deleted Virtual Keyboard folder, disconnected Pre. gDial was able to retrieve history (no login errors).

Soooo, is making changes to the config file for Virtual Keyboard causing problems with gDial? Was it the haptic feedback change that I made? I dunno.

EDIT: Since I wanted to reinstall Virtual Keyboard, I did some more testing

12:41: reinstalled Virtual Keyboard 0.4.2 via Preware, launched gDial after Luna restart, was able to retrieve history (no login errors).

12:42: place Pre in USB drive mode, viewed folder contents but didn't make any changes. Disconnected Pre from PC. Launched gDial and was able to retrieve history (no login errors).

12:45: Placed Pre in USB drive mode, edited the Virtual Keyboard config file changing haptic to 50. Disconnected Pre from PC. Launched gDial and was able to retrieve history (no login errors).

So I'm at a loss. At first it seemed to be tied to what I was doing with Virtual Keyboard. But gDial is now still working even after installing Virtual Keyboard and editing the config file.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/30/2009 at 01:11 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Could it be odd characters in the password, or password length?
  16.    #1356  
    I have to say I am at a loss at this point. I am really at a stage where I think that it is just something wrong on Palm's side with webOS. I am going to continue to look around in the code for a way to workaround what I think the issue is.

I appreciate all of the posts like NachoB's where they document anything in regards to when it works and when it doesn't as they are all helpful in some way in either pointing to what is wrong and what isn't.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    1.2...so jacked up

(messed up my EAS too)
    I have been using gDial Pro 0.8.2 & WebOS 1.2 and have had no issues. I haven't had any issues with any version actually, as far as username/password stuff is concerned.
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    I am also getting the invalid username/pw. I changed my password to something without any symbols and it still didn't work.
    I have to say I am at a loss at this point. I am really at a stage where I think that it is just something wrong on Palm's side with webOS. I am going to continue to look around in the code for a way to workaround what I think the issue is.

I appreciate all of the posts like NachoB's where they document anything in regards to when it works and when it doesn't as they are all helpful in some way in either pointing to what is wrong and what isn't.
    Maybe it has nothing at all to do with gDial or WebOS 1.2.0 and it's something that Google is doing, possibly denying connection attempts, since there's no consistency to why it's happening.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers