Page 66 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Restarted my phone and when I have wifi ON gdial pro does not work.

When wifi set to off and phone is using EVDO gdial pro works.

fpalm - thanks for your continued communication and updates for this program
    Same for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with a reboot. Strange.
  2.    #1302  
    Quote Originally Posted by t3rmin View Post
    Same for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with a reboot. Strange.
    I wonder if it might just be a temporary block from Google from the prior issues before reboot?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Hi Flpalm,

Firstly, GREAT app! Thank you so much for it!

I wanted to ask if you had a definitive list of differences found between the homebrew app and the one in the official app store. I've read through a number of pages in this forum, but I couldn't make it through all 65. Please forgive me if it has been stated. It's been mentioned that this one has access to universal search... why does the app store get the 'gimped' version?

Thanks in advance!
  4.    #1304  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palminmypalm View Post
    Hi Flpalm,

Firstly, GREAT app! Thank you so much for it!

I wanted to ask if you had a definitive list of differences found between the homebrew app and the one in the official app store. I've read through a number of pages in this forum, but I couldn't make it through all 65. Please forgive me if it has been stated. It's been mentioned that this one has access to universal search... why does the app store get the 'gimped' version?

Thanks in advance!
    The main difference is the 'gimping' which is actually due to lack of available API's for official app catalog versions. Palm has unreleased API's that you can only access in homebrew by masquerading as a Palm native app.

The other difference is just versions. The homebrew is where all the bugs get worked out and the app catalog version is more stable.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  5.    #1305  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Restarted my phone and when I have wifi ON gdial pro does not work.

When wifi set to off and phone is using EVDO gdial pro works.

fpalm - thanks for your continued communication and updates for this program
    Would it be possible for you to install the one from the app catalog and see if you have the same results? (It will work side by side with homebrew and they have separate settings)
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Would it be possible for you to install the one from the app catalog and see if you have the same results? (It will work side by side with homebrew and they have separate settings)
    I will try it right now.
    flpalm,
    I am on webOS 1.2 and using gDialPro v0.8.1. I uninstalled the app, installed the newer one and reset my pre. I am still getting Unable to login, check username/password. I am able to click on the last icon (web based version) and am able to look at my account. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
  8.    #1308  
    Quote Originally Posted by axmuzaffar View Post
    flpalm,
    I am on webOS 1.2 and using gDialPro v0.8.1. I uninstalled the app, installed the newer one and reset my pre. I am still getting Unable to login, check username/password. I am able to click on the last icon (web based version) and am able to look at my account. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Try turning off wifi just to see if that changes anything for you.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    OK downloaded the gdial pro from App Catalog and it tells me "invalid username/password"

App Catalog Gdial Pro:
    wifi on - nothing works
    wifi off - history worked, but webdial phone call does not work

Homebrew Gdial Pro:
    wifi on - nothing works
    wifi off - everything works
    Last edited by skidmark; 09/29/2009 at 03:51 PM.
  10.    #1310  
    So the same issue........
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Uninstalled 0.78.
    Installed 0.81 w/ Filecoaster
    Did a Reset (Alt-Sym-R) and configured

I no longer get the username/pw issue and can access my account.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Uninstalled 0.78.
    Installed 0.81 w/ Filecoaster
    Did a Reset (Alt-Sym-R) and configured

I no longer get the username/pw issue and can access my account.

wifi on or off?
    It worked . I was getting unable to connect, check username/password with WiFi on. I reset but still the same. Here is what worked for me: turned off WiFi. Placed a call and it worked fine. I then turned on WiFi and placed call. It worked fine again. I closed the ap and opened it again and dialed a call without any issues with WiFi turned On. Hopefully, it works for other fellows as well. Thanks flpalm.
    Update (now that I'm at home): gDial working fine over WiFi as well - messaging, web dialing, history, etc.
    My setup: Pre with WebOS 1.2.0 put on it via the Doctor running gDial Pro 0.8.1 installed via Preware app.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/29/2009 at 04:33 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Try turning off wifi just to see if that changes anything for you.
    I turned off Wifi. Dialed, it worked. Then, I turned on WiFi and it started to work. Thanks
    Yes! Did the reset and now everything works. Using gDial 0.8.1 and webOS 1.2 with WiFi on.
    I spoke too soon. I am getting the same issue again (Unable to login-check username/password). If I turn off wifi, I am able to make calls. But if I close the app/reset the cell, the issue issue comes back again with wifi turned on. There is definitely something wrong with wifi.
    Doh! After closing it then re-opening it I get the username/password error.
    :|
  19.    #1319  
    Yeah, I wish I knew what was happening guys It is in the Palm part of the code and they are doing something that they were not doing in 1.1 with web requests. I have posted on their dev forums, but so far no response.

I will keep trying to look for a workaround, but it may be one of those things that they just suddenly fix in a 1.2.1 release or something .
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Can someone post a good working step by step setup to the list of major 1.2.0 programs thread?
    Then I can add it to the list and link your post.

Please. Thanx.