Page 65 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Also, looks like I should be able to get voicemail playing working soon as well with some changes in 1.2.
    That is AWESOME! This is one way to get a workaround with no visual voicemail on the Pre, the google voice mail will be great Excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    not sure with new 8.3 or whatever, but last night updated 8.0 and I got login errors with wifi connection..

turned OFF wifi, and used EVDO, logged into gdial fine.

those with login errors have you tried with EVDO?
    I don't remember if I tried via WiFi (yesterday) after WebOS Doctoring my phone to 1.2 (I like my chit clean ) but today, at work (no WiFi), gDial is working fine over EVDO.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    not sure with new 8.3 or whatever, but last night updated 8.0 and I got login errors with wifi connection..

turned OFF wifi, and used EVDO, logged into gdial fine.

those with login errors have you tried with EVDO?
    You are correct with wifi OFF gdial pro works.
    Last edited by skidmark; 09/29/2009 at 12:31 PM.
    Never used gdial on wifi. Doesn't work for me either.
    I had the "invalid username/password" errors that everyone else has been having. I deleted gdial pro, reinstalled from filecoaster, and reset the phone with orange-sym-R. That seemed to fic my problems, as gdial pro is working fine now. Btw, I am running webos 1.2.0 and gdial 0.8.1

Thanks to the developers for this great software and the quick updates!
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    You are correct with wifi OFF gdial pro works.
    It still doesn't work for me with wifi off.
  7.    #1287  
    Quote Originally Posted by dnjagg01 View Post
    I had the "invalid username/password" errors that everyone else has been having. I deleted gdial pro, reinstalled from filecoaster, and reset the phone with orange-sym-R. That seemed to fic my problems, as gdial pro is working fine now. Btw, I am running webos 1.2.0 and gdial 0.8.1

Thanks to the developers for this great software and the quick updates!
    This seems to be the solution. I have been pulling my hair out all day while it worked fine on the emulator, but failed on the phone.

Just restart your Pre and it starts working.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Will resetting my phone lose my settings (not just in gdial pro)?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I've really appreciated the mini "release notes" that I can usually find at the bottom of the gDialPro page on FileCoaster. There have been a couple of updates in the last month that didn't have them ...

I'm not complaining here -- just letting you know that there is someone out there who does actually read them (and miss them when they're not there).

Please keep up the good work, and thanks!
  10.    #1290  
    No doing the soft reset orange + sym + R is just like shutting down and restarting the pre. Nothing lost.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Resetting your phone this way will not lose ANY data. It is 100% safe.
  12.    #1292  
    Quote Originally Posted by nt4cats View Post
    I've really appreciated the mini "release notes" that I can usually find at the bottom of the gDialPro page on FileCoaster. There have been a couple of updates in the last month that didn't have them ...

I'm not complaining here -- just letting you know that there is someone out there who does actually read them (and miss them when they're not there).

Please keep up the good work, and thanks!
    Yeah, the last few releases have been nothing more than sorting out bugs that continued to appear so I didn't want to update until I was sure they were taken care of. But I should start adding them in again with a catch up to the latest release if we can get the issues on webOS 1.2 licked.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  13.    #1293  
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    Question, why isn't the App Catalog updating your GDial Pro?
    I have to resubmit to them once they get their process worked out in the new app catalog.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  14.    #1294  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    Just updated to 0.8.0 and I am getting the same problem. I also have 1.2 installed. Did the same as above and still get an error.

UPDATE: Fixed by doing a reset
    I wish I had seen your reset post earlier as 1.2 seemed to break my app for everyone until you do a reset after the upgrade.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    every time i call someone it calls my instead.

ughh
  16.    #1296  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonexxx View Post
    every time i call someone it calls my instead.

ughh
    With webdial on, this is expected. You answer and then it dials the other person.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    FWIW, I was having the problems with gDial Pro yesterday afternoon, BEFORE downloading WebOS 1.2.

Before doing the 1.2 update, I didn't get any messages about login failure or incorrect passwords -- gDial simply refused to dial and appeared non-responsive whenever I tried to dial a number, whether it was from the Contact List or direct via the gDP dial pad. As noted, I only began getting the error messages after updating to WebOS 1.2.
  18.    #1298  
    Quote Originally Posted by DWEIL View Post
    FWIW, I was having the problems with gDial Pro yesterday afternoon, BEFORE downloading WebOS 1.2.

Before doing the 1.2 update, I didn't get any messages about login failure or incorrect passwords -- gDial simply refused to dial and appeared non-responsive whenever I tried to dial a number, whether it was from the Contact List or direct via the gDP dial pad. As noted, I only began getting the error messages after updating to WebOS 1.2.
    Yeah the 0.8.1 update I did added a lot more error messages to track down the issues people were having.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Restarted my phone and when I have wifi ON gdial pro does not work.

When wifi set to off and phone is using EVDO gdial pro works.

fpalm - thanks for your continued communication and updates for this program
    Last edited by skidmark; 09/29/2009 at 03:15 PM.
  20.    #1300  
    Restarted my phone and when I have wifi ON gdial pro does not work.

When wifi set to off and phone is using EVDO gdial pro works.

fpalm - thanks for your continued communication and updates for this program
    Sorry to hear that it isn't working with wifi on for you. I have it running on wifi and evdo fine after reboot

I think there are definitely some bugs in the Palm update.
    Become a fan on Facebook