Page 61 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Interesting, if he can do it on the iPhone I should be able to do it as well in gDial. What is the name of the app on the iphone your buddy uses?
    Answer to your question: GV Mobile is the app and the developer is Sean Kovacs
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  2.    #1202  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Answer to your question: GV Mobile is the app and the developer is Sean Kovacs
    I had never heard anyone say that GV mobile could do that before, but I dropped a line to the developer anyways to see if he wouldn't mind sharing the method on how he does it if he is able to do direct connection to end users without going through the GV voicemail system.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3.    #1203  
    I ended up putting out a 0.7.9 release with more fixes. I think all performance issues should be taken care of now, but please test it at whatever update interval you want and let me know how it does. I would like to get it stabilized again so I can make another update to the app catalog.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4.    #1204  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevied3 View Post
    yep, I enter xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com and my password. just letters in my username. I do have a number in my password but I make sure to see it comes up correctly when I put it in.
    That is really odd then. My only suggestion would be to reboot the phone and then delete and re-enter your preferences in gDial to see if that helps at all.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  5.    #1205  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevied3 View Post
    no luck...still get username/password invalid message. It's weird because the mobile page has me logged in but all the other features are unusable.
    That is really odd then. My only suggestion would be to reboot the phone and then delete and re-enter your preferences in gDial to see if that helps at all.
    Also, make sure that you use the same username/password down in the Google Contacts entry box at the bottom of the preferences.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    7.9 works for me! Thanks again for doing this! I have no seen anyone so dedicated in updating and fixing bugs on an app such as yourself.
    Yes it uses your plan minutes.
    So I guess I don't understand why GV is such a good deal. If it uses your minutes anyway, why not dial direct? Not only that, when I call my cousin in Hawaii, GV costs 1.9 cents per minute while dial direct from my cell is free.

I see where GV is good to ring several numbers at once by calling just 1 number. That's nice, but I just don't understand why people want GV so bad that they are actually willing to pay money on Ebay for a GV number.

I am not trying to pick a fight or anything, so please don't read it that way. I guess I just don't understand why this is such a big deal with the cell phone.

Now then, dialing my GV number direct and placing a call through my land line is a good deal, but using the cell phone for GV doesn't make sense to me yet, that's all I'm saying.

Thanks for everyone's responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkill View Post
    So I guess I don't understand why GV is such a good deal. If it uses your minutes anyway, why not dial direct? Not only that, when I call my cousin in Hawaii, GV costs 1.9 cents per minute while dial direct from my cell is free.

I see where GV is good to ring several numbers at once by calling just 1 number. That's nice, but I just don't understand why people want GV so bad that they are actually willing to pay money on Ebay for a GV number.

I am not trying to pick a fight or anything, so please don't read it that way. I guess I just don't understand why this is such a big deal with the cell phone.

Now then, dialing my GV number direct and placing a call through my land line is a good deal, but using the cell phone for GV doesn't make sense to me yet, that's all I'm saying.

Thanks for everyone's responses.
    For me the advantage to my googlevoice number is i dont have to give my cell out to people I dont want to really have it - I use it for all my internet purchases, online accounts, personal accounts, guys from the bar on weekends - that kinda stuff

I also live 1/2 my year in Arizona, so my GV number is a local AZ #, and my cell a Nebraska number - Some people like to keep a local number in their "home state" so those local friends and family can still call with no LD charges

For some people the INTL calling rates are better through googlevoice than their cell phone carries - my SO was living in Canada for a year for school, sprint made me pay a monthly fee and then it was still something ridiculous over 10 cents a minute - GV is much cheaper

I dont know however know why anyone would PAY for a free invite, it only takes a couple weeks once you request the invite - i THINK that previously when it was still called Grand Central, you could only get an invite from another member - but thats been changed
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Finally got a 206 number on my account and got this app. Just wanted to say thanks, works like a charm so far.
    Ok so i have gDial all set up on my phone. I can send/receive calls but whenever i try to send a SMS i get "invalid username/password" Any idea whats wrong?

Under preferences i have

google voice number = google voice number

pin = pin

delay amount = 2 (not sure what this is for)

google voice login = google voice email address

password = google voice password

"use web based dial" I've tried it with it on and off. I'm not really sure what this is for?

Under "Advanced" I have Manual.

Under google contacts I have my email and password again.

What am I doing wrong?
  11. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I ended up putting out a 0.7.9 release with more fixes. I think all performance issues should be taken care of now, but please test it at whatever update interval you want and let me know how it does. I would like to get it stabilized again so I can make another update to the app catalog.
    You've worked your magic. My phone now runs very quickly. Thank you so much flpalm.

BTW I'm using web dial and 1min updates
  12.    #1212  
    Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    You've worked your magic. My phone now runs very quickly. Thank you so much flpalm.

BTW I'm using web dial and 1min updates
    Glad to hear it. Javascript programming can be so tricky since it is single threaded. (Tech guys understand)
    Become a fan on Facebook
  13. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Reset History from drop down menu.
    thanks but no go. think i will just unistall and try again.
  15. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Try both, reset history and refresh history. I had the same problem twice and one of those cleared it for me. Good luck!
    Hello flpalm,

I couldn't contact you direct since I'm not a Facebook member, so here is my request:

When you made the change in v 0.7.1 to automatically import the Google Voice number, I lost the ability to leave myself voicemails from my cell phone to be transcribed by GVoice. I used to have it set up as described here:

Ideas from Mark Stout: Recording your own notes with Google Voice

- I had set Voicemail Access set to NO in the GVoice settings.
    - When I called from the normal Pre dialer, the call went right to Google Voicemail, so that my Voice got transcrbed and emailed to myself.
    - When calling from gDialPro, I had added t*tPIN#2 after the GVoive number, which allowed gDialPro to jump the voicemail and actually call out

I understand you are trying to make it user friendly whe automatically pulling the GVoice number, but it takes away functunality!! PLEASE, can we have at least an option to add code like this after the GVoice number!!

Thank you very much!! Christoph
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    great program. thank you.
  18.    #1218  
    Quote Originally Posted by liggy View Post
    Hello flpalm,

I couldn't contact you direct since I'm not a Facebook member, so here is my request:

When you made the change in v 0.7.1 to automatically import the Google Voice number, I lost the ability to leave myself voicemails from my cell phone to be transcribed by GVoice. I used to have it set up as described here:

Ideas from Mark Stout: Recording your own notes with Google Voice

- I had set Voicemail Access set to NO in the GVoice settings.
    - When I called from the normal Pre dialer, the call went right to Google Voicemail, so that my Voice got transcrbed and emailed to myself.
    - When calling from gDialPro, I had added t*tPIN#2 after the GVoive number, which allowed gDialPro to jump the voicemail and actually call out

I understand you are trying to make it user friendly whe automatically pulling the GVoice number, but it takes away functunality!! PLEASE, can we have at least an option to add code like this after the GVoice number!!

Thank you very much!! Christoph
    So you need the ability to have it work fine with that setting on direct to voicemail set to no?

That looks like the jist of what you said. As you added in a custom string in order to get the * added in at the beginning to make it use voicemail. What if you just modified the PIN field itself for now instead of adding that stuff to the phone number?

So instead of appending all of that to the phone number, you just modify the PIN to include all the t's and * and PIN?

I will try to find a better solution in the long run, but that might fix it for you in the short term.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  19. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Now that you have the performance problems sorted out, what changes are you working on for the next release? I'm getting used to these every day updates lol.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Also, make sure that you use the same username/password down in the Google Contacts entry box at the bottom of the preferences.
    flpalm, just wanted to let you know the catalog app finally started working for me last night. I didn't do anything really, just started working out of the blue. either way, it was well worth all the troubleshooting as this is a terrific app.

can't wait for the updates to the catalog app. and thanks so much for your efforts and attention to all our needs with this app!