Page 60 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    First and Formost, I freakin' Love this app, SO Much better than the other two in here. and I really appreciate the universal search in the repository app (if that's what it's called) But on my buddies jailbroke iphone the google voice app directly dials the number, as opposed to calling the Google voice number, then going through that. it takes a lot of time, like a minute before i'm actually talking. I read somewhere it was because google didn't release something to allow that, or something or other, but further clarification would be nice....?? anyone know why this is exactly? and I may be dumb or something, but how do i know if someone responds to this? can someone pm me or something?
    it costs you minutes, because when you go through the GV app, it calls through the pre phone app, as you can see it switch over to that app once the number is dialed. when you do web dial, it calls you and connects, So, Minutes are used from your plan, either way, one is an outgoing call and the web dial is an incoming call
  3.    #1183  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkill View Post
    John: When I go to www.google.com/voice and log in, I can place a call. GV calls one of my registered numbers (that I select). Say I am calling you at 305-555-1212. So I put that number in the make call box. GV calls my home phone and when I pick up it automatically redirects to the 305-555-1212 number. It is a VOIP and is free to any number in the lower 48.

Say I want to call you from my cell phone. I can call the 305-555-1212 directly, it rings, you answer, and the only cost is my plan minutes.

What about using GV? I call you at 305-555-1212 from my gdial app on my cell and it connects. What am I being charged? Is it minutes from my plan? Or, is it a free call? Does it connect via the internet? By data? It would seem that if it were a web/data call that plan minutes would not be affected. But I am unable to find somebody who actually knows this answer without guessing.

I just want to know the answer to one basic, easy question. When using GV to make a call from my cell phone, are my plan minutes affected?

Thanks.

Tom
    Yes it uses your plan minutes.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4.    #1184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Murpher View Post
    First and Formost, I freakin' Love this app, SO Much better than the other two in here. and I really appreciate the universal search in the repository app (if that's what it's called) But on my buddies jailbroke iphone the google voice app directly dials the number, as opposed to calling the Google voice number, then going through that. it takes a lot of time, like a minute before i'm actually talking. I read somewhere it was because google didn't release something to allow that, or something or other, but further clarification would be nice....?? anyone know why this is exactly? and I may be dumb or something, but how do i know if someone responds to this? can someone pm me or something?
    Interesting, if he can do it on the iPhone I should be able to do it as well in gDial. What is the name of the app on the iphone your buddy uses?
    Become a fan on Facebook
  5. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I left mine running overnight with 5 minute updates and multiple cards open(email, web, phone) and my Pre still runs great this morning. This is on webOS 1.1 as I downgraded from 1.2 to look into this issue. I am not sure what the difference is.

Just out of curiosity, are you running any tweaks?
    Ran it with no tweaks when I first got this replacement. Had the problems. Put tweaks on it, still have problems.
  6.    #1186  
    Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    Ran it with no tweaks when I first got this replacement. Had the problems. Put tweaks on it, still have problems.
    Okay, thanks for the info on that. I am looking into the code to try to figure out what is going on as it seems more people are having trouble with it for some reason.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Its funny as someone's request was the exact opposite to not have it go away....I will have to add a setting at some point.

If you tap the dashboard it will take you to the history list and make the notification dashboard go away.
    Yes I would love the option because I tend to text a lot of people at one time so when I'm actually moving around the app I'd like the notification to pop up then disappear on its own.
    I left mine running overnight with 5 minute updates and multiple cards open(email, web, phone) and my Pre still runs great this morning. This is on webOS 1.1 as I downgraded from 1.2 to look into this issue. I am not sure what the difference is.

Just out of curiosity, are you running any tweaks?
    I've been running 1.2 of webOS for a couple weeks now and only the roam-only hack, but the problem happens in both Roam-only and Automatic modes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murpher View Post
    It's possible that he is just dialing the "406" numbers to call people... those go directly through GV to the caller with no wait, codes, or "callback".
    Oh yeah... that's what i am doing, but in the GV app i saw him use it, and it was through the GV app calling their normal numbers instead of the 406's, i asked him what the app was called, he'll let me know tomorrow, and perhaps we'll be able to do the same. BUT, google made the original app for the iphone, so who knows if they're just grabbing the same code or whatever. let's be honest, i haven't the foggiest on how to code, but i'll get the name of the app to you flpalm
  11.    #1191  
    I just put out 0.7.8 with more performance fixes. Please try it out and let me know if you continue to have the issues.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I downloaded the gdial app through filecoaster and input all my information and nothing happens. I let the app open for 10 minutes and came back to it and still nothing. I can't make a call or send SMS. I can get into the Web Mobile section fine and see my history. I deleted the homebrew app and downloaded the gdial from the App Catalog and now get invalid name/password. How do I get this too work??
  13.    #1193  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevied3 View Post
    I downloaded the gdial app through filecoaster and input all my information and nothing happens. I let the app open for 10 minutes and came back to it and still nothing. I can't make a call or send SMS. I can get into the Web Mobile section fine and see my history. I deleted the homebrew app and downloaded the gdial from the App Catalog and now get invalid name/password. How do I get this too work??
    Make sure that you enter at minimum:

Username
    Password
    Cell Number
    PIN
    Google Voice number(If using app catalog version)
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Username
    Password
    Cell Number
    PIN
    I have input all the information and nothing. Going to try a soft reset and see if that helps.
  15.    #1195  
    I have input all the information and nothing. Going to try a soft reset and see if that helps.
    Okay, let me know if you continue to have issues as it should work with that info, but some users for some reason do seem to have an issue with logging in at all.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Username
    Password
    Cell Number
    PIN
    Okay, let me know if you continue to have issues as it should work with that info, but some users for some reason do seem to have an issue with logging in at all.
    no luck...still get username/password invalid message. It's weird because the mobile page has me logged in but all the other features are unusable.
    I just put out 0.7.8 with more performance fixes. Please try it out and let me know if you continue to have the issues.
    So far, so good man! I've had it running for about 15 min now at 1 min intervals with the app closed and it's smooth as butter! No issues whatsoever! I will post again later with an update.
    I am using the App Catalog version so maybe this has already been added, but I would like to see a refresh button on the history screen since shaking is very annoying and you have to do it pretty hard.

Shaking for refresh is a nice alternative but it shouldn't be the primary way of interacting with an application unless it's a game.
  19.    #1199  
    no luck...still get username/password invalid message. It's weird because the mobile page has me logged in but all the other features are unusable.
    Are you entering your username as your full Google Voice email address? With the @gmail.com and everything?

Also, if you are using your full email, is there anything weird in your email address, like anything besides letters, numbers, the @ symbol?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Are you entering your username as your full Google Voice email address? With the @gmail.com and everything?

Also, if you are using your full email, is there anything weird in your email address, like anything besides letters, numbers, the @ symbol?
    yep, I enter xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com and my password. just letters in my username. I do have a number in my password but I make sure to see it comes up correctly when I put it in.