Page 6 of 145 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    install went very well, but app doesnt seem to be communicating with the mobile site maybe? i can make google voice calls but not when i have the web based calls enabled... and when i send an sms message, it says its sent, but nothing is received by the person im sending to... am i doing something wrong?
    install went very well, but app doesnt seem to be communicating with the mobile site maybe? i can make google voice calls but not when i have the web based calls enabled... and when i send an sms message, it says its sent, but nothing is received by the person im sending to... am i doing something wrong? im very new to this whole homebrew thing....
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by radiobum88 View Post
    install went very well, but app doesnt seem to be communicating with the mobile site maybe? i can make google voice calls but not when i have the web based calls enabled... and when i send an sms message, it says its sent, but nothing is received by the person im sending to... am i doing something wrong?
    A few people seem to be having this issue. I am adding in some additional debug to the next version to help troubleshoot it.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by donjski View Post
    Does anyone else have problems listening to their G voice mail from this app? I used the mobile site button and click play and nothing happens.
    Right now the Google Voice mobile site's voicemail doesn't play on the Pre even in the native Pre Web Browser. I think I might be able to work around this as the voicemail is just a standard MP3. Keep a watch for future updates of the software.
    What does the web based dial supposed to be for?
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    What does the web based dial supposed to be for?
    The normal dial out uses the phone app to dial your Google Voice number and then enter the number to contact.

The web dial tells Google Voice to call your cell number and then when you answer it connects you to the number you want to dial.

Really just a personal preference. Some people don't want to listen to the dial tones with the normal dial so they use web based.
    im not asking this in any way to rush you... just excited about this product... i want to start switching my life over to my gvoice number and i this app is what ive been waiting for.... so... do you have an estimate by chance as to when you might be releasing your next upgrade? and when that does happen, will i find it here?

again, not rushing... just excited....
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    Ok I'm confused, when I go to dial a number I go to my contacts. Then I call them and then it goes the the pre dial. And then it calls my gv number and goes straight to my gv mail and it sounds like it is dial the number to my gv voice mail.

Why?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    anyone?
    ok.. so im posting this fully knowing that i will look like an *****, but i might save some other dumb people like me some time and more important, i might save whoever made this app some time trying to fix my non-existant problem...

turns out, this app works perfectly for me... in the preferences, i had entered my google voice number and my pin, but i didnt enter any of the google voice login info below that....

so... the moral is... if anyone else is having issues with this app, maybe take a look there before you end up like me and post issues that dont exist?

whoever made this app, first off, THANK YOU... and second, i hope i didnt waste any of your time with my request....
    I just started using this yesterday. Very good app!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    anyone?
    That is how it dials out using your Google Voice number. It has to dial in to your number which takes you to voicemail, then it sends the commands to tell Google Voice to dial whatever number you are trying to connect to.

You can also turn on the option in preferences for web dialing which will cause Google Voice to dial your cell phone and then dial your contact's phone number.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by radiobum88 View Post
    install went very well, but app doesnt seem to be communicating with the mobile site maybe? i can make google voice calls but not when i have the web based calls enabled... and when i send an sms message, it says its sent, but nothing is received by the person im sending to... am i doing something wrong? im very new to this whole homebrew thing....
    Please try out 0.2.3 which I just released and let me know if it gives you any error messages on SMS sending or web dialing as I added in extra information in case of failure.
    0.2.3 SMS worked just fine. Thanks for your continued efforts.
    Thanks for adding to PreLoad!

We'd like to put out an article about your app. Would that be ok with you and what would you prefer us to say?

If you have something, please email it to support@pimpmypre.com
    We're still working on being able to have developers post their own articles.

Thanks again!
    Mitch
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    probably google's fault, but web dialing never works
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsgraphics View Post
    probably google's fault, but web dialing never works
    If you are running the latest 0.2.3 version, does it give you an error message when you attempt to use web dialing?
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Thanks for adding to PreLoad!

We'd like to put out an article about your app. Would that be ok with you and what would you prefer us to say?

If you have something, please email it to support@pimpmypre.com
    We're still working on being able to have developers post their own articles.

Thanks again!
    Mitch
    That would be fine with me. You are welcome to take the features and description from this thread for the article as well as any screenshots you want to use. If you need something specific, please PM me with any questions and I will get them answered for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    If you are running the latest 0.2.3 version, does it give you an error message when you attempt to use web dialing?
    No. Just sits there : /

Which is puzzling.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsgraphics View Post
    No. Just sits there : /

Which is puzzling.
    If you just let it sit there for say 30 seconds, does a message ever appear?
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    If you just let it sit there for say 30 seconds, does a message ever appear?
    Mine also just sat on the dial screen when attempting a web based call. No error message, no cell phone ring. I did get a new VM on my cell phone about a minute later, however. The message was the answering machine of the number I dialed thru Google Voice.