Page 59 of 145 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Hi - great app. One problem I'm having, though, has only recently started. For some reason, whenever I use the app to make calls (using web dial or not), the history of that placed call doesn't post to GV. It sometimes takes as much as 24 hours for it to finally appear.

If I go to the google voice website and place a call from there, it shows up in history immediately. Again, this problem only presents itself when the call is initiated from the Pre using gDial.
  2.    #1162  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenS*** View Post
    I have not seen any bogging, but I have notification updates set to manual and I never leave it in the history/detail screen to avoid update checking.
    That is what is odd is that the 5 minute interval setting works the same way it always has so anyone with that set or greater should see the same performance they have always seen. I am wondering if there might be some tweak or something somewhere that is causing issues for some people.

I run it all the time on my phone at 5 min refresh and don't see any issues, but obviously some people are having problems.

Lets see how it turns out with 1.2 once they release it as it is a lot quicker from my observations.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3.    #1163  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSam View Post
    Hi - great app. One problem I'm having, though, has only recently started. For some reason, whenever I use the app to make calls (using web dial or not), the history of that placed call doesn't post to GV. It sometimes takes as much as 24 hours for it to finally appear.

If I go to the google voice website and place a call from there, it shows up in history immediately. Again, this problem only presents itself when the call is initiated from the Pre using gDial.
    Definitely weird. If the calls are going out through your GV number, it would seem that it might be some temp issue on the Google end. Do you use webdial on or off?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I use web dial off, but it happens regardless of the setting.
  5.    #1165  
    I use web dial off, but it happens regardless of the setting.
    Say you use the mobile website within gDial and do a call, does it show up right away?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Say you use the mobile website within gDial and do a call, does it show up right away?
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Yes.
    Check that - It appears I cannot even place a call from mobile GV from within gDial.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Check that - It appears I cannot even place a call from mobile GV from within gDial.
    OK, sorry. My mobile was not checked in the mobile GV page. I can indeed place a call from the mobile GV site inside the gDial app, and the call immediately shows up in my gDial history.

The only time it doesn't show up in my history or on GV is when I place the call from gDial.

Again, sorry for the confusion.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Any way to highlight what is new when the notification is triggered?
    For example if I receive a call from my GV number and I open the app later in the day I get a notification that there is a new event. But its hard to tell if I actually missed something or if its just that call I had earlier today.
  10.    #1170  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Any way to highlight what is new when the notification is triggered?
    For example if I receive a call from my GV number and I open the app later in the day I get a notification that there is a new event. But its hard to tell if I actually missed something or if its just that call I had earlier today.
    That is something that is possible, just have to work out what constitutes marking something as read, etc. Would it be fine to just highlight all the new items that one time you click the notification to show the history?

So,
    1) New notification shows up
    2) You click it
    3) The All history tab loads
    4) Any new notification items are highlighted
    5) If you switch tabs, then the highlighting goes away until the next notification event
    Become a fan on Facebook
  11. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I've tried setting mine at both 1 min and 5 min intervals. With the app closed and at 1 min, the Pre gets really bogged down, and at 5 min intervals also when at that setting, but it gets even worse when the app is open and I'm doing other things, like texting, web browsing, etc.
    same settings and behavior for me
  12.    #1172  
    Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    same settings and behavior for me
    I left mine running overnight with 5 minute updates and multiple cards open(email, web, phone) and my Pre still runs great this morning. This is on webOS 1.1 as I downgraded from 1.2 to look into this issue. I am not sure what the difference is.

Just out of curiosity, are you running any tweaks?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    That is something that is possible, just have to work out what constitutes marking something as read, etc. Would it be fine to just highlight all the new items that one time you click the notification to show the history?

So,
    1) New notification shows up
    2) You click it
    3) The All history tab loads
    4) Any new notification items are highlighted
    5) If you switch tabs, then the highlighting goes away until the next notification event
    That would be perfect! As long as you can tell at a glance whats new.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I cant wait to get google voice so that i can check out this app
    Is it a setting or what, when I enter a phone number it dials in and keeps entering numbers after it connects
  16.    #1176  
    v0.7.7
    -Web dial notification indicates the number dialed
    -When you click a notification, it highlights the new rows
    -Added more help to preferences
    -Fixed minor spacing issue in history
    -Fix for timer issue
    -(Note: It seems as if there is a memory leak in webOS1.1, the issue seemed to be fixed in 1.2 when it comes out)
    Become a fan on Facebook
  17.    #1177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidray78 View Post
    Is it a setting or what, when I enter a phone number it dials in and keeps entering numbers after it connects
    Yeah, turn on webdial in the preferences for easier operation
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the advantage of GV with a cell phone? It is completely understandable using GV via a computer because, the calls are free usually.

But, when using your cell, GV calls your cell, then connects to your number you wanted to call.

So here's what I don't understand. Since long distance calls on a Sprint account are free anyway, why not call direct and bypass GV? If GV calls your cell, then calls the number you want, and say you talk for 15 minutes, haven't you used up 15 of your plan's minutes? If so, how is that different from calling the number direct from your cell, which uses the same 15 minutes from your plan?

Now then, if GV does not use up any plan minutes, that would be great.

Why can't GV access the web (which doesn't cost any minutes) and make the call directly from the web without first calling you back on the cell? Why can't GV access the web and call your home phone to make the call instead of your cell phone?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I find three main benefits to GV:
    1. I can set GV to my business phone during work hours and switch to my mobile outside of these hours.
    2. Sending international texts are alot cheaper than via Sprint.
    3. If I change phone I don't have to wrangle over any change in number issues which prevented my last number migrating with me.

VOIP would be very nice if you are connected to your wireless. I am not sure I understand what you mean about GV calling your house phone instead of your cell phone or would you mean switch your GV to your home phone while at home so people calling your GV number call it?
    John: When I go to www.google.com/voice and log in, I can place a call. GV calls one of my registered numbers (that I select). Say I am calling you at 305-555-1212. So I put that number in the make call box. GV calls my home phone and when I pick up it automatically redirects to the 305-555-1212 number. It is a VOIP and is free to any number in the lower 48.

Say I want to call you from my cell phone. I can call the 305-555-1212 directly, it rings, you answer, and the only cost is my plan minutes.

What about using GV? I call you at 305-555-1212 from my gdial app on my cell and it connects. What am I being charged? Is it minutes from my plan? Or, is it a free call? Does it connect via the internet? By data? It would seem that if it were a web/data call that plan minutes would not be affected. But I am unable to find somebody who actually knows this answer without guessing.

I just want to know the answer to one basic, easy question. When using GV to make a call from my cell phone, are my plan minutes affected?

Thanks.

Tom