Page 58 of 145 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Minor bug: On this history screen, the SMS previews are missing a space.
    For example, the preview would say "Me:Pretty Sweet!" instead of "Me: Pretty Sweet!"
    Follow Me On

2.    #1142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Minor bug: On this history screen, the SMS previews are missing a space.
    For example, the preview would say "Me:Pretty Sweet!" instead of "Me: Pretty Sweet!"
    No problem, it was easy enough to put in the fix for the next version of it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3.    #1143  
    Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    I would reboot all the time. It wouldnt solve it at all :/ Even worked my magic and got Sprint to give me a new phone(my 4th one). Phone was fast. Installed gDial. Slow as molasses again.

Detail view being the view of a single conversation with someone? Yes I need this as I use gDial exclusively for texting.

I just installed 0.7.5. Phone is running slower, but not unbearably slow. I'll give more updates as I use this update more. Also, would it be possible to link the notifications to the most recent one? Like say I get a few texts. When I click the notification in the bar, have it go to the most recent SMS?
    Yes, your understanding is correct on detail view. It would be where most people view the whole SMS thread and then can click the button to send a new SMS, etc. That updates every 30 seconds while open for quick SMS updating.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Yes, your understanding is correct on detail view. It would be where most people view the whole SMS thread and then can click the button to send a new SMS, etc. That updates every 30 seconds while open for quick SMS updating.
    I worked with 0.7.5 for a while longer. Couldn't stand how slow it was making my slow run. Closed it out and my phone is back to running fast. I don't know what to tell you, I just really wish I could use the app without problems :/
  5.    #1145  
    I worked with 0.7.5 for a while longer. Couldn't stand how slow it was making my slow run. Closed it out and my phone is back to running fast. I don't know what to tell you, I just really wish I could use the app without problems :/
    Please try 0.7.6. If you set it as manual update it will not update except during detail view of an SMS. Other update settings are as specified except that 1 minute updating runs every 1 minute while the app is open and every 5 while closed since that is the minimum.

Please everyone report back on speed as it is fast on my phone.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I've been using it (0.7.6) for about 15 min now (made a call, sent a txt msg, updated history by shaking, checked gv mobile page, left running in background), along with 2 browser cards and the email app running.... seems much much better.
    dudeee, you need a new icon - this ones fugly :/
  8.    #1148  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I've been using it (0.7.6) for about 15 min now (made a call, sent a txt msg, updated history by shaking, checked gv mobile page, left running in background), along with 2 browser cards and the email app running.... seems much much better.
    Glad to hear it. Hopefully everyone has the same experience. It took a good bit of tuning to make it work not only for manual people, but also for quick updates for people who have that turned on.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Same here! Worlds better! Thanks so much!

Oh and the icon looks good
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    Your efforts are much appreciated! I still have it running in the background and all is still well.

For the record, I like the icon... clean and professional looking.
    Your efforts are much appreciated! I still have it running in the background and all is still well.

For the record, I like the icon... clean and professional looking.
    Same here. Have been running Gdial for a couple hourse now, listening to podcasts, texts, web, and no slow downs. 0.7.6 is the business!
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
  12. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Please try 0.7.6. If you set it as manual update it will not update except during detail view of an SMS. Other update settings are as specified except that 1 minute updating runs every 1 minute while the app is open and every 5 while closed since that is the minimum.

Please everyone report back on speed as it is fast on my phone.
    Using 0.7.6. My day just took a turn for the better

gDial runs amazingly fast, as well as the phone as a whole. Did rapid clicking all over the place with multiple apps open and it didn't skip a beat. I'll report back if anything changes. Thanks man.

Now go back and check my suggestions list lol :P I think you've covered 6 of the 12 now. I'm very impressed
    This may have also been suggested, but could you set the notifications to disappear when you maximize the program like the default Messaging app does? Or give the option to? I hate having to swipe the notification away manually whenever I get one.
  14.    #1154  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    This may have also been suggested, but could you set the notifications to disappear when you maximize the program like the default Messaging app does? Or give the option to? I hate having to swipe the notification away manually whenever I get one.
    Its funny as someone's request was the exact opposite to not have it go away....I will have to add a setting at some point.

If you tap the dashboard it will take you to the history list and make the notification dashboard go away.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  15. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Using 0.7.6. My day just took a turn for the better

gDial runs amazingly fast, as well as the phone as a whole. Did rapid clicking all over the place with multiple apps open and it didn't skip a beat. I'll report back if anything changes. Thanks man.

Now go back and check my suggestions list lol :P I think you've covered 6 of the 12 now. I'm very impressed
    I'll update on my own post. My happiness was short lived. After a while, gDial started bogging the system down again and I had to close it :/ I don't know what to do!
    I'll update on my own post. My happiness was short lived. After a while, gDial started bogging the system down again and I had to close it :/ I don't know what to do!
    Same here, for a while the performance was fine but then it starting bogging my Pre down too. A reboot solves it for a while, then the problem repeats.
  17.    #1157  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Same here, for a while the performance was fine but then it starting bogging my Pre down too. A reboot solves it for a while, then the problem repeats.
    Can you let me know what your update notification setting was configured at?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I've tried setting mine at both 1 min and 5 min intervals. With the app closed and at 1 min, the Pre gets really bogged down, and at 5 min intervals also when at that setting, but it gets even worse when the app is open and I'm doing other things, like texting, web browsing, etc.
    I have not seen any bogging, but I have notification updates set to manual and I never leave it in the history/detail screen to avoid update checking.
    hey flpalm,

absolutely fantastic app. i'm impressed by the speed with which you respond to suggestions too. unfortunately since i've held out from installing any homebrews, i'm stuck with the version 0.6.8 that you submitted to the app catalog!

anyway, just wanted to thank you for your work and say that i'm looking forward to the next "official" iteration of your app, although i might just have to give in and go homebrew if that's going to be more than a week or two.