Page 57 of 145 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Is there supposed to be an asterisk? If so you have solved a major headache that a lot of people seem to have with it.

For some reason on mine, it can just dial the PIN, wait a second and then dial out to the number.
    On my acct, the * then pin is needed to access the voice mail menu, then 2 to place a call. I thought it wouls be the same for all users. Is there a setting somwhere?
    Last edited by Beaster1174; 09/19/2009 at 05:18 PM.
    OK, I figured it out. Thanks to a reply here. I enabled direct access to voicemail, now it dials through.
    Still might want to add an option to dial the * for better compatibility.
    Thanks Sheuba for the heads up!
    I too am experiencing some slow down with the last update as well. Never was an issue before, but its been causing my Pre to run pretty slow even after reboot.
    I've also found it to be bogging my pre down severely. I'm running 0.7.5 and had the same issue with 0.7.4 and 0.7.3 I have not used any of the versions previous to that.
  5.    #1125  
    It must have something to do with the increased checking while the program is open so I will probably have to remove that code for now and leave the fastest recheck interval at 5 minutes?

If you are in detail view on an SMS, then it always will recheck every 30 seconds as that is useful for people who solely text using gDial Pro and don't use the SMS built into the Pre with it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    why does my history tab not load any of the things ive done? my texts go straight to my texting inbox and my phone calls go directly to my regular phone. also before when i recieved a phone call to my gvoice number i would get a diff number then what was the original callers number. Now i just get that callers number and it shows that i have them as a contact already. So if someone were to call my gvoice number does it show the gvoice number on there phonebill or my cell number? the whole point i have this number is for my cell number not to show up on there phonebill
    Quote Originally Posted by jongo View Post
    the whole point i have this number is for my cell number not to show up on there phonebill
    Trying to hide from someone's mad husband?
  8.    #1128  
    If you are using gDial Pro to dial the number, then it should show your GV number on their caller ID.

You can customize incoming calls on the GV website to either show as coming from your GV number or from the caller's number.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    It must have something to do with the increased checking while the program is open so I will probably have to remove that code for now and leave the fastest recheck interval at 5 minutes?

If you are in detail view on an SMS, then it always will recheck every 30 seconds as that is useful for people who solely text using gDial Pro and don't use the SMS built into the Pre with it.
    That would be great! Will it still check even if I have it set on manual and the app is open?
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
  10.    #1130  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef1182 View Post
    That would be great! Will it still check even if I have it set on manual and the app is open?
    Yeah the check time you set in the preferences runs when the app is open or closed. I was just using a faster time when the app was open as some people had requested it, but it always did an every 30 second check when you are viewing any detailed history item so you can send a text and then poll for response every 30 seconds.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    All my txt msgs through GV come into my SMS program on the Pre, so I really don't need the polling in the gDial program.... I realize some people do, so maybe an option to turn it off.

I would rather be able to tweak it more for performance.
  12. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Is it possible for you to do a reboot of your phone to see if something has just gone a bit wacky on the phone? I am not sure what in the code would cause this issue.

How many contacts do you have?
    I would reboot all the time. It wouldnt solve it at all :/ Even worked my magic and got Sprint to give me a new phone(my 4th one). Phone was fast. Installed gDial. Slow as molasses again.

Detail view being the view of a single conversation with someone? Yes I need this as I use gDial exclusively for texting.

I just installed 0.7.5. Phone is running slower, but not unbearably slow. I'll give more updates as I use this update more. Also, would it be possible to link the notifications to the most recent one? Like say I get a few texts. When I click the notification in the bar, have it go to the most recent SMS?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    All my txt msgs through GV come into my SMS program on the Pre, so I really don't need the polling in the gDial program.... I realize some people do, so maybe an option to turn it off.

I agree 100%
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    I am always getting an invalid username/password error with this app. help.
    I am also having the exact slowdown problems that others are reporting with the last few versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post

I don't understand how you do that.
    when I setup my cell number on GV, I had the box checked for "receive SMS on this phone"... GV forwards all txt messages to my cell number, but they show up coming from a 406 area code, but tagged with the person's name because they are in my Google contacts.

I always add the 406 number to that contact so I can txt or call them directly at that number and it goes "through" GV.

Look up Google Voice and 406 area codes for more info.
  18.    #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef1182 View Post
    I agree 100%
    I will get an update out today at some point to make this configurable.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    hey, could someone invite me to google voice? PM me or something? I like the idea of this app, but... I don't have GV yet, and they didn't reply to my request...
    Thx
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brownkity View Post
    hey, could someone invite me to google voice? PM me or something? I like the idea of this app, but... I don't have GV yet, and they didn't reply to my request...
    Thx
    You can buy 'the invites' from ebay.