Page 56 of 145 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1101  
    Quote Originally Posted by liggy View Post
    Hello flpalm ... thanks for the great app! I really find it useful. However, since the v0.7.1 change:

-Automatically pull in the Google Voice number of the user from the GV website once the login/pass is given

... I have a major problem: I cannot seem to use it as a voice recorder anymore, because there is no way to customize the GVoice phone number anymore. I used to have the GVoice setting to NOT go to voicemail when calling from the cell phone, so that i could leave myself a message which was then transcribed. Now that isn't possible anymore.

Calls from other phones were set to go to my cellphone or to voicemail.

Please allow customizing the GVoice number again!! Thanks!
    How did you customize the GV number? Were you adding in extra digits or something to it when you could manually set it?

You can PM me with a sample of what you were doing if you like so I can better understand how to support it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I am still getting notifications even though I have the app set to check manual. I even closed it and I am still getting notifications when I get a text.
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
  3.    #1103  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef1182 View Post
    I am still getting notifications even though I have the app set to check manual. I even closed it and I am still getting notifications when I get a text.
    Thanks for reporting this. Are you able to see what interval they are checking by chance? Seems like a bug somewhere I need to hunt down in the code to turn on and off interval updating.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I am getting notiification when the app is closed as well but I like that feature so maybe put it as a preference so some can turn it off. There are times when I can't get a phone signal or EVDO connection so to be able to know I missed a call is great.
    Im pretty sure its every 5 minutes. Seems like as soon as I get a text, Gdial notifies me right afterwards also.
    Follow Me On Twitter
  6.    #1106  
    Im pretty sure its every 5 minutes. Seems like as soon as I get a text, Gdial notifies me right afterwards also.
    I will try to isolate so that the setting works properly.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I will try to isolate so that the setting works properly.
    Sounds good, Thanks! Great job on the app by the way, it is coming along so well!
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Im having a problem with the history on my phone. When i send a text message or make a call it doesnt go into the history tab with all the things that were done such as missed calls and texts. And when i do text it goes to my main text messages i thought it would stay in the gdial app. is this how it is or am i doin something wrong
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    also the contacts dont show up as who they are even tho i have them saved on my phone. and when i do try to save them it still doesnt change anything it just adds the number with a +1 infront of it to the already existing contact file
  10. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Something I've noticed of late, only after the last few updates, is that the memory use for gdial is insanely high. My phone can no longer operate when the app is on my phone. I've been using this app all the time and giving suggestions and now I can't use it because the Pre can't handle it. I don't know if its just me or if anyone else is having this problem, but flpalm, please work on the memory management for this app. Even when i have just this app open, my phone tells me to remove cards to free up memory.
  11.    #1111  
    Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    Something I've noticed of late, only after the last few updates, is that the memory use for gdial is insanely high. My phone can no longer operate when the app is on my phone. I've been using this app all the time and giving suggestions and now I can't use it because the Pre can't handle it. I don't know if its just me or if anyone else is having this problem, but flpalm, please work on the memory management for this app. Even when i have just this app open, my phone tells me to remove cards to free up memory.
    Is it possible for you to do a reboot of your phone to see if something has just gone a bit wacky on the phone? I am not sure what in the code would cause this issue.

How many contacts do you have?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I think since its checking every 5min, its killing my battery. I'm at 28% today and I have hardly used my phone. Def not normal battery drain and no new apps installed.
  13.    #1113  
    I just posted a quick fix version 0.7.5 which should solve the polling too much issue that everyone is seeing.

Please install and let me know if this solves the battery/memory issues, thanks.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I just posted a quick fix version 0.7.5 which should solve the polling too much issue that everyone is seeing.

Please install and let me know if this solves the battery/memory issues, thanks.
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick update!
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Very cool
    I'm still getting notifications every 5 min when the app is open, even when I have it set to manual.
  17.    #1117  
    I'm still getting notifications every 5 min when the app is open, even when I have it set to manual.
    I had made a change recently that when the app is open it checks every minute as some people had requested that. If you close it and have manual set you shouldn't see any updates.

I need to find a way to balance faster updates while it is running with the required slow updates while it is closed as 5 minutes is the minimum when it is closed and some people had requested it to update quicker while it is open.

Suggestions/thoughts anyone?
    Become a fan on Facebook
  18.    #1118  
    I guess I could do something where manual is always manual even while open and any other setting allows for the faster updates while it is running?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I had made a change recently that when the app is open it checks every minute as some people had requested that. If you close it and have manual set you shouldn't see any updates.

I need to find a way to balance faster updates while it is running with the required slow updates while it is closed as 5 minutes is the minimum when it is closed and some people had requested it to update quicker while it is open.

Suggestions/thoughts anyone?

Ah I gotcha. Maybe have a setting that asks if we want it to check when app is open.

For me I dont need to be notified twice when I get a text (one from GV and 1 txt). I usually leave the app open so I can dial/text quickly, but dont need notifications.

LOL If that makes sense.
    Follow Me On Twitter
    I guess I could do something where manual is always manual even while open and any other setting allows for the faster updates while it is running?
    Yea that would be PERFECT!
    Follow Me On Twitter