Page 55 of 145 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1081  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwade View Post
    I recently updated from 0.7.1 to 0.7.3 and I'm having trouble deleting contacts from the Favorites list. I saw this comment:

    ... and I think that may be what is preventing me from deleting Favorites, as it switches to the history screen when I swipe.

    Other than that, I've been very happy with gDial. I like most of the recent feature additions (such as being able to add a new Favorite from the Favorites screen), but I would gladly give up the swipe to switch screens to be able to edit my Favorites.

    Thanks,
    ~ Jay
    Yikes, thanks for reporting this. It is happening to me too. I will get it fixed in the next version, but might have to remove the swipe to switch screens as it seems to conflict with any lists like it does in history view
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  2.    #1082  
    Wanted to put more in the update, but also wanted that buggy flick out before the weekend. Enjoy.

    v0.7.4
    -Removed notification when you send SMS
    -Fix to remove whitespace from begin and end of some text messages
    -Remove flick to switch screen as it is buggy
    -SMS detail view now has different background color for SMS based on whether you sent or received it
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3. willsurg's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #1083  
    Hi, I have been using your software for a while and noticed it still has not made it over to the app catalog. I have used all three of the google voice homebrews and find your easiest and most intuitive. did I miss the paypal page for donations anywhere? keep up the goodwork and best of luck!
  4.    #1084  
    Quote Originally Posted by willsurg View Post
    Hi, I have been using your software for a while and noticed it still has not made it over to the app catalog. I have used all three of the google voice homebrews and find your easiest and most intuitive. did I miss the paypal page for donations anywhere? keep up the goodwork and best of luck!
    Check the app catalog again as it is in there.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  5. #1085  
    Can anyone tell me anything to help allay my paranoia? I'd like to use this, but I'm a little nervous to use any app that asks for my google password. Now that it's an offocial app store app, i'm a little less so, but does anyone know if that blessing means that someone at palm has looked through the full source and verified that there's nothing malicious? (not that I really think there is, but access to the google acct has gotten pretty valuable....)
  6. #1086  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigf View Post
    I don't get what I'm (or the app is) doing wrong. I've tried every delay setting, but the dialer script seems to hit the wrong codes when interacting with Google Voice's menu. It goes into voicemail setup or something like that.

    Any suggestions?
    Mine does the same thing. I believe it is not dialing the * to access the menu.
    When I dial it seems to dial my GV number, pause, pin, 2, then the number I'm dialing.
    It should be dialing GV number, *, pin, 2, the number I'm dialing.
  7.    #1087  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaster1174 View Post
    Mine does the same thing. I believe it is not dialing the * to access the menu.
    When I dial it seems to dial my GV number, pause, pin, 2, then the number I'm dialing.
    It should be dialing GV number, *, pin, 2, the number I'm dialing.
    Is there supposed to be an asterisk? If so you have solved a major headache that a lot of people seem to have with it.

    For some reason on mine, it can just dial the PIN, wait a second and then dial out to the number.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  8.    #1088  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaster1174 View Post
    Mine does the same thing. I believe it is not dialing the * to access the menu.
    When I dial it seems to dial my GV number, pause, pin, 2, then the number I'm dialing.
    It should be dialing GV number, *, pin, 2, the number I'm dialing.
    Okay, something is odd. Maybe GV has multiple versions of their service somehow. With my number I am not prompted for a * at any time. I simply dial, then enter my PIN, then 2, then the number.

    Are some people prompted to press * when just dialing up their GV number from their cell phone?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  9.    #1089  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprugman View Post
    Can anyone tell me anything to help allay my paranoia? I'd like to use this, but I'm a little nervous to use any app that asks for my google password. Now that it's an offocial app store app, i'm a little less so, but does anyone know if that blessing means that someone at palm has looked through the full source and verified that there's nothing malicious? (not that I really think there is, but access to the google acct has gotten pretty valuable....)
    This won't allay your fears, but in the interest of honesty I will say that Palm has not reviewed the source code even though it was published in their app catalog. As far as I know they don't review anyones source code for apps submitted.

    Not helpful I know, but I can only say that the app does not connect to any service other than Google Voice and Google Contacts(in the app catalog) version and that your info is never transmitted anywhere else.

    I actually wish there was someone who could run a packet filter on their network to verify this as it would be helpful for rightfully concerned users like yourself.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  10. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #1090  
    I was trying to call Customer service through GV using *2 and it refused to dial.
  11.    #1091  
    Yeah at this point I need to find out whether some people do need the asterisk for some reason and whether it somehow correlates to new versus old GV numbers or areas of the country or something.

    So anyone needing to press *, please chime in with what it prompts from you etc.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  12. Sheuba's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #1092  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Okay, something is odd. Maybe GV has multiple versions of their service somehow. With my number I am not prompted for a * at any time. I simply dial, then enter my PIN, then 2, then the number.

    Are some people prompted to press * when just dialing up their GV number from their cell phone?
    Yes, if they have direct access to voicemail turned off in the GV settings. In that case you need to hit the *
  13. #1093  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I was trying to call Customer service through GV using *2 and it refused to dial.
    Those are special, usually free, numbers specific to the carrier network you are on. They must be dialed via the carrier network.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  14.    #1094  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheuba View Post
    Yes, if they have direct access to voicemail turned off in the GV settings. In that case you need to hit the *
    Okay, now I see that option in GV. I have had a lot of people who couldn't get it to work without webdial and that would seem to be the setting that I can point them towards. I will see what I can do about it from my end as well.

    Thanks at least I know now what the issue is for the people that it doesn't work for.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  15. #1095  
    Man I been trying to use this service but I can't sign up. How do I get my google voice number faster?
  16. #1096  
    Quote Originally Posted by xacolonx View Post
    Man I been trying to use this service but I can't sign up. How do I get my google voice number faster?
    They sell them on ebay. I just bought one for $3.50 and got it within 5 minutes.
  17. #1097  
    Hello flpalm ... thanks for the great app! I really find it useful. However, since the v0.7.1 change:

    -Automatically pull in the Google Voice number of the user from the GV website once the login/pass is given

    ... I have a major problem: I cannot seem to use it as a voice recorder anymore, because there is no way to customize the GVoice phone number anymore. I used to have the GVoice setting to NOT go to voicemail when calling from the cell phone, so that i could leave myself a message which was then transcribed. Now that isn't possible anymore.

    Calls from other phones were set to go to my cellphone or to voicemail.

    Please allow customizing the GVoice number again!! Thanks!
  18. #1098  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Check the app catalog again as it is in there.
    Question....will there always be 2 versions...one in Homebrew and one in the app catalog? I thought once apps were moved to the app catalog, they disappeared from Homebrew.

    Or...will Homebrew be for beta versions and then eventually move to the app catalog?

    I'm trying to decide if it would be better to purchase from the app catalog when available, or just make a donation via Homebrew.
  19. #1099  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Question....will there always be 2 versions...one in Homebrew and one in the app catalog? I thought once apps were moved to the app catalog, they disappeared from Homebrew.

    Or...will Homebrew be for beta versions and then eventually move to the app catalog?

    I'm trying to decide if it would be better to purchase from the app catalog when available, or just make a donation via Homebrew.
    this app will always be free homebrew or app catalog... so making a donation to flpalm im sure will definitely help for the success of this application. as for the homebrew and app catalog... the homebrew one gets more updates faster considering palm has to approve the app catalog i am assuming flpalm has us all test it out and work out the kinks before he submits his finished work to palm.. another thing is the one on the app catalog will grab your contacts from your google contacts account but the homebrew one works with synergy grabbing numbers from all your contacts sources... the reason for this is the API is not released to access the other data basses, which leads to why he can not have a acceptable app for the official catalog to grab contacts from synergy.
    MatterOfFactJack
  20.    #1100  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    this app will always be free homebrew or app catalog... so making a donation to flpalm im sure will definitely help for the success of this application. as for the homebrew and app catalog... the homebrew one gets more updates faster considering palm has to approve the app catalog i am assuming flpalm has us all test it out and work out the kinks before he submits his finished work to palm.. another thing is the one on the app catalog will grab your contacts from your google contacts account but the homebrew one works with synergy grabbing numbers from all your contacts sources... the reason for this is the API is not released to access the other data basses, which leads to why he can not have a acceptable app for the official catalog to grab contacts from synergy.
    Also, wanted to add on to this, that even after the app catalog allows for the use of the all the API's, I will probably continue to release a homebrew version as it does allow for rapid releases and feedback from technically savvy users.

    Then once all the kinks are worked out, I can make releases to the app catalog of known stable versions as the audience of the app catalog is a different user base.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook

Posting Permissions