Page 54 of 145 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    2 types of dialing would be great...I use an airave and sometimes the web dial don't work properly
  2. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    v0.7.3
    -Modified history summary to show date smaller and also last SMS if it is an SMS history item
    -Added in faster history refresh while app is running
    -Added swiping to switch between main screens (Caveat to this is that on history, the list eats the swipe so it doesn't work on that screen )
    -Changed the display of the add number to contact button on history detail
    What are the rules for the SMS display in the history? Is there a way to make it display only if it is unread? I would like a more defining indicator of it being a new text (different color, etc.) but this could work, i just like it to be skinnier so i can see more on the screen.

Also, I think I already put it in one my suggestion posts, but can you replace the text on the left that tells what type of notification it is with the contacts picture and maybe an icon showing what it was rather than the text? Also an indicator of whether the last event for that person was a text/call in or out rather than just an text indicator or a call indicator.

And I know its already been said, but can you put a refresh button so I don't have to shake?
    Maybe as a compromise I do this and make it an option in the advanced preferences as to whether you get the split or normal button.

I need to default to super easy mode for the app catalog, but still allow all of the power users the ability to configure if necessary.
    I don't get it. I thought holding down the number 1 would dial voicemail? Why do we need a separate button for that?
    Also had this happen to me, after initially installing and running v 0.7.3 the first time. When it happened I think I was viewing SMS history, but don't really remember if I was viewing an actual message. I received a gDial notification on the bottom of the screen, which I then pressed (gDial was still full screen at this point viewing SMS history). When gDial refreshed itself from me pressing the bottom notification the navigation bar disappeared. Had to close and relaunch gDial to get the navigation bar back. I have been unsuccessful at recreating this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miwo86 View Post
    I installed V7.2 yesterday afternoon. I really like the notifications at the bottom of the screen. I did notice last night i got a bunch of notifications email, missed call, voice mail, and i believe a text message (all were through the pre standard software not through gDial pro). But what happened is I touched the messages to view them, then navigated back to the gDial pro app and the navigation bar (at the bottom of the gDial app, the one that lets u switch from calling to text to the web) went away. So I was stuck in the history menu with out a way to get back to calling or text. I restarted the app and the bar came back. I tried to re-create the problem last night but my friends were getting sick of me telling them to call me so I stopped.

Has anyone else seen that navigation bar go away? Figured I'd post in case someone has a chance to try and track this bug.

Thanks for the app, it's coming along nicely!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5.    #1065  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I don't get it. I thought holding down the number 1 would dial voicemail? Why do we need a separate button for that?
    It is something different than voicemail. But I think this is why I need it to be an advanced option as most people just want to connect their calls and don't care how it happens.

But I definitely see the point of view of the advanced users. So I will try to do it as an option that has to be switched on so that most people don't even have to deal with it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  6. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I'm think the best default for the App Catalog version is just going to be VM-dial with a 3 second wait time.

Sure, it might be a little longer than necessary in some cases, but it's going to work every time, and the users don't have to learn the expectation of answering their phone and then waiting for the other end to be connected.

xtn
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I don't get what I'm (or the app is) doing wrong. I've tried every delay setting, but the dialer script seems to hit the wrong codes when interacting with Google Voice's menu. It goes into voicemail setup or something like that.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigf View Post
    I don't get what I'm (or the app is) doing wrong. I've tried every delay setting, but the dialer script seems to hit the wrong codes when interacting with Google Voice's menu. It goes into voicemail setup or something like that.

Any suggestions?
    Did you try toggling with the PIN code? If the options don't require a PIN and gDial is using it, it will begin pressing the wrong options.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Did you try toggling with the PIN code? If the options don't require a PIN and gDial is using it, it will begin pressing the wrong options.
    Thanks...that was it! I appreciate the help.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Is there a way to not get notified for the text messages you just send?
  11.    #1071  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Doyle View Post
    Is there a way to not get notified for the text messages you just send?
    I am trying to figure out a way to prevent this as it is annoying. Right now there is no official API to Google Voice, and their SMS data on the website that I parse out is not the easiest to work with, but I should be able to come up with something.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    v0.7.3
    -Modified history summary to show date smaller and also last SMS if it is an SMS history item
    NICE! Thanks for this.
    Not to sidetrack this thread but has anyone used the web-based version of Google Voice? The other day, I was typing a really long text and as I saw the character count go up and up, it disappeared and said "Really?". LMAO! It still let me send it but I thought it was hilarious on Google's part to put that in there.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I am trying to figure out a way to prevent this as it is annoying. Right now there is no official API to Google Voice, and their SMS data on the website that I parse out is not the easiest to work with, but I should be able to come up with something.
    Fantastic - beyond that this is by far my most used app and excellent work.
    Is it possible to make the SMS thread have alternating colors similar to the native messaging app? Maybe received SMS can stay gray & sent messages are in a blueish shade?
    Follow Me On

-Require Google User/Pass and cell number when loaded
    single sign on working great. could you not grab the mobile number from that xml that I noted? or a problem with multiple end phones? probally the later.

7.3 installed.. very solid

---Suggestion for revision of sms section---
    Change the "sms reply scene" to *floating* input box directly above your standard dock for just the "sms history scene"

cut the default input box without any txt entered to 1 line untill more txt is entered then shift box upward as more txt is entered. Reset to default & update history on send.

Take the now "reply button" and turn that into a smaller "send button" with character count to the left/right of "send button"
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 09/18/2009 at 10:05 AM.
    Good to see you in the app store I left you a nice Little review!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I recently updated from 0.7.1 to 0.7.3 and I'm having trouble deleting contacts from the Favorites list. I saw this comment:
    -Added swiping to switch between main screens (Caveat to this is that on history, the list eats the swipe so it doesn't work on that screen )
    ... and I think that may be what is preventing me from deleting Favorites, as it switches to the history screen when I swipe.

Other than that, I've been very happy with gDial. I like most of the recent feature additions (such as being able to add a new Favorite from the Favorites screen), but I would gladly give up the swipe to switch screens to be able to edit my Favorites.

Thanks,
    ~ Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by jwade View Post
    I recently updated from 0.7.1 to 0.7.3 and I'm having trouble deleting contacts from the Favorites list. I saw this comment:

... and I think that may be what is preventing me from deleting Favorites, as it switches to the history screen when I swipe.

Other than that, I've been very happy with gDial. I like most of the recent feature additions (such as being able to add a new Favorite from the Favorites screen), but I would gladly give up the swipe to switch screens to be able to edit my Favorites.

Thanks,
    ~ Jay
    That does seem to be a bug. For now, till it gets fixed, swipe far enough to the right to bring up the Delete/Cancel prompt and stop, with your other hand (finger) press the delete button once, then let go of the entry you were sliding, press the delete button a second time.
    You'll need to drag the entry, it appears, at least halfway or more off the screen before you press the delete button for the first time, otherwise the Delete/Cancel options will go away.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by jwade View Post

Thanks,
    ~ Jay
    It works ok for me. I don't do a fast swipe, just a drag type of swipe. I drag from the contact image towards the right.
    Follow Me On