Page 53 of 145 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1041  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Am I just too quick for fileCoaster this time? Every other time there has been an update it has shown up in fileCoaster. Is anyone else not having the new version show up there?
    I am not sure what the mechanism in fileCoaster is for pulling the updates or whether there is any caching mechanism. Should be there by now though.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  2. #1042  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    The update shows up fine over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I am not sure what the mechanism in fileCoaster is for pulling the updates or whether there is any caching mechanism. Should be there by now though.
    That's weird. It's there now. I've never had that problem before. I'm thinking it's about time for a good ole restart.
  3. R3Z
    R3Z is offline
    R3Z's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #1043  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    v0.7.2
    -Fixed SMS sorting again in the history
    -Added in '+' support in dialing and SMS in universal search
    -Dashboard shows even when program is running
    -Require Google User/Pass and cell number when loaded
    -Show a progress spinner on SMS send
    Thank you so much man. This seriously made my day lol(pathetic i know, but it did haha). It's so much easier to keep track of things now.

    Not to mention the spinner for the SMS. Thanks for implementing some of my ideas its workin awesome!

    Keep it flowin man, you're doing great
  4. R3Z
    R3Z is offline
    R3Z's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #1044  
    oh snap! just realized the dashboard notifications when its running. completely read over that in the update log lol. gosh this is good. wish it wouldnt give notifications when i send texts(have to clear the notification after i send) but its comin along great so i cant complain :P
  5. #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    It sounds like it might be pulling down all of your history and contacts on the initial load and it is not able to dial until that completes.

    My suggestion is to run the homebrew version and let it sit for a 30-60 seconds to let it pull down all of your info. Then attempt an SMS or call and let me know what happens.
    After playing around for a while I finally got it working. Not positive on what was messed up, but I did notice that web dialing was turned on so i turned it off which is what Shadowhawk had mentioned, and that cleared up the phone dialing issue, but sms still wouldnt send. So i used the webos quick install pgm to remove gDial, then manually downloaded the app from precentral and then manually re-loaded the app using webos quick install. After all that it finally worked again. I have to do some more reading, but what does the web dial feature do?

    Thank you for your advice (flpalm and Shadowhawk specifically).

    I'll install 7.2 in a sec here but a working indicator on sms should be really nice
  6. #1046  
    Seems like the last update makes Remix run a little quicker. I was noticing some lag when using the ABC selector and now it appears to be sped up.

    Great work!
  7. #1047  
    ^ I think you posted in the wrong topic. =P
    Follow Me On

  8. #1048  
    I installed V7.2 yesterday afternoon. I really like the notifications at the bottom of the screen. I did notice last night i got a bunch of notifications email, missed call, voice mail, and i believe a text message (all were through the pre standard software not through gDial pro). But what happened is I touched the messages to view them, then navigated back to the gDial pro app and the navigation bar (at the bottom of the gDial app, the one that lets u switch from calling to text to the web) went away. So I was stuck in the history menu with out a way to get back to calling or text. I restarted the app and the bar came back. I tried to re-create the problem last night but my friends were getting sick of me telling them to call me so I stopped.

    Has anyone else seen that navigation bar go away? Figured I'd post in case someone has a chance to try and track this bug.

    Thanks for the app, it's coming along nicely!
    Last edited by Miwo86; 09/17/2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: clearification
  9.    #1049  
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwo86 View Post
    I installed V7.2 yesterday afternoon. I really like the notifications at the bottom of the screen. I did notice last night i got a bunch of notifications email, missed call, voice mail, and i believe a text message (all were through the pre standard software not through gDial pro). But what happened is I touched the messages to view them, then navigated back to the gDial pro app and the navigation bar (at the bottom of the gDial app, the one that lets u switch from calling to text to the web) went away. So I was stuck in the history menu with out a way to get back to calling or text. I restarted the app and the bar came back. I tried to re-create the problem last night but my friends were getting sick of me telling them to call me so I stopped.

    Has anyone else seen that navigation bar go away? Figured I'd post in case someone can has a chance to try and track this bug.

    Thanks for the app, it's coming along nicely!
    Thanks for the bug post. I haven't had anyone else report this, but if anyone does see this, please do report so I know it is not just a one off issue.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  10. #1050  
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwo86 View Post
    I installed V7.2 yesterday afternoon. I really like the notifications at the bottom of the screen. I did notice last night i got a bunch of notifications email, missed call, voice mail, and i believe a text message (all were through the pre standard software not through gDial pro). But what happened is I touched the messages to view them, then navigated back to the gDial pro app and the navigation bar (at the bottom of the gDial app, the one that lets u switch from calling to text to the web) went away. So I was stuck in the history menu with out a way to get back to calling or text. I restarted the app and the bar came back. I tried to re-create the problem last night but my friends were getting sick of me telling them to call me so I stopped.

    Has anyone else seen that navigation bar go away? Figured I'd post in case someone has a chance to try and track this bug.

    Thanks for the app, it's coming along nicely!
    I have seen this several times, but have never been able figure out how to reproduce it.
  11.    #1051  
    The bottom buttons go away for some reason when you press the center button and move between apps, but then normally they return as soon as you maximize the app. This isn't behavior that I am able to control as far as I know and I wonder if there is some bug in webOS where sometimes the buttons don't come back... Please do report these to me and if anyone finds a way to reproduce reliably, I can try to debug it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  12. R3Z
    R3Z is offline
    R3Z's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #1052  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    I have seen this several times, but have never been able figure out how to reproduce it.
    I've seen this as well but it was a few versions back and it hasn't happened to me recently.

    Actually, scratch that, it just happened to me. I went back to the app(swiped up to show the cards and theen swiped over to gdial and the bar was gone. How ironic.
  13. #1053  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    The bottom buttons go away for some reason when you press the center button and move between apps, but then normally they return as soon as you maximize the app. This isn't behavior that I am able to control as far as I know and I wonder if there is some bug in webOS where sometimes the buttons don't come back... Please do report these to me and if anyone finds a way to reproduce reliably, I can try to debug it.
    I have never had them not come back
    MatterOfFactJack
  14. #1054  
    Can't wait to try this out!
  15. #1055  
    hmm i having a problem with 7.2, clicking on the show/hide advanced button expands the options for a second then automatically closes them, and i can't access it

    Great app so far though! Thanks
  16.    #1056  
    v0.7.3
    -Modified history summary to show date smaller and also last SMS if it is an SMS history item
    -Added in faster history refresh while app is running
    -Added swiping to switch between main screens (Caveat to this is that on history, the list eats the swipe so it doesn't work on that screen )
    -Changed the display of the add number to contact button on history detail
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  17.    #1057  
    Also, I need some input on the design for the manual dialing in cases where the Internet is weak or roaming.

    The question is how I make this available to power users without confusing new people who will never use it?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  18. #1058  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Also, I need some input on the design for the manual dialing in cases where the Internet is weak or roaming.

    The question is how I make this available to power users without confusing new people who will never use it?
    Hum... I really like having two dial out buttons available on the dialpad screen but i see where that might be confusing to new users... maybe have a round button with a question mark.. a little one next to the dialing button when perssed it explains the procedure for each dial out button. first web dial explanation (called back by your google voice number when answer than connected) than it explaing voice mail dial (dial voice mail then auto input the prompts to dial desired number) thats a little brif explanation

    or you could include it in a help menu

    but in all honesty i think every google voice user might run into a time where they will use it at one point
    Last edited by jack87; 09/17/2009 at 01:47 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  19. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #1059  
    How about splitting the dial button in half? One for webdial and one for VM dial.
  20.    #1060  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    How about splitting the dial button in half? One for webdial and one for VM dial.
    Maybe as a compromise I do this and make it an option in the advanced preferences as to whether you get the split or normal button.

    I need to default to super easy mode for the app catalog, but still allow all of the power users the ability to configure if necessary.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook

Posting Permissions