Page 52 of 145 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Yes. And if you are roaming, the webdial service rarely calls back. Sort of. The request is made, but the call isn't received on the device. Minute later when you get service, you are notified of a voicemail. The VM heard is the ringing & other person answering and talking to nothing.
    This is one of the reasons I stopped using webdial. Especially at home since I have weak service, and am on wifi... meaning I can webdial, but a lot of times the call is missed and people get frustrated.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Uninstalled twice and reinstalled and just forced the password until I got some reaction. Five minutes later all my items were refreshed. And I'm in good coverage. Don't get it but at least it's working!
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Just to understand this better, so I can get the best solution. If you have service for phone, you have Internet right? Does it just take a long time to complete the web dial request with low service?
    exactly... at the same time though it would be nice to choose voicemail dial on the fly when i feel like it. so basically turn the dial button into two buttons and the fallowing....

Yes. And if you are roaming, the webdial service rarely calls back. Sort of. The request is made, but the call isn't received on the device. Minute later when you get service, you are notified of a voicemail. The VM heard is the ringing & other person answering and talking to nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rastataoist View Post
    This is one of the reasons I stopped using webdial. Especially at home since I have weak service, and am on wifi... meaning I can webdial, but a lot of times the call is missed and people get frustrated.
    MatterOfFactJack
  4.    #1024  
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne View Post
    I did a hard reset on my phone. Had to reinstall Gdial 7.1 but I can't get it to make calls, show history etc. Any clues? Also there isn't any notification saying whether the password and username are invalid so I have no insight whatsoever. Everything was fine b4 downloaded the current version and had that full erase.
    That is really odd if it worked before. You don't get any invalid password notification or anything? If you are on evdo, do you see the icon light up as soon as the program loads indicating it is doing something?

The first load of history can take a little bit of time like say 30 seconds over the air, but future loads are faster since it doesn't need to reload the history.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I know I already made this request, and I guess I am the only one who does not like having gdial pop up updated items notifications every time I use the program.
    I like having the history polled and refreshed just would like to turn off the pop-up on the bottom of the phone screen showing updated items.
    If there is any way to have an "off" option in addition to the manual that would be awesome.
    What happens is when your sprint voice mail answers google thinks you answered, I solved this problem by having Sprint turn off my system voice mail.
  7. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    New version in homebrew

v0.7.1
    -New SMS's update the timestamp in history so they move the item to the top
    -Fixed SMS field length to be shorter, but expanding
    -Major revamp of preferences to hide advanced details by default and only ask for basic info
    -Automatically pull in the Google Voice number of the user from the GV website once the login/pass is given
    -Fixed entering numbers in the search to show either Dial or SMS based on which one you are doing
    -You can now add contacts to favorites from the favorites screen
    -Fix for some contacts being found in search but it wouldn't show their name on the results

Thank you so much for the update, I just wish it was working properly :/

Specifically the SMS history. It's not moving new items to the top and I'm not sure why. Can you look into this?

And thank you for implementing the scalable SMS box. Makes it much better
  8.    #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    Thank you so much for the update, I just wish it was working properly :/

Specifically the SMS history. It's not moving new items to the top and I'm not sure why. Can you look into this?

And thank you for implementing the scalable SMS box. Makes it much better
    Okay, I see what you are saying. It updates the time, but doesn't re-sort it to the top for some reason, correct?
    Become a fan on Facebook
  9. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Okay, I see what you are saying. It updates the time, but doesn't re-sort it to the top for some reason, correct?
    Yep. Precisely.
  10. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Also, another thing. I know it'd be tough, but after you fetch the history from google, would it be possible to combine the conversations by contact?
    I've got V0.7.1 and I can't seem to send SMS, I hit the send button and nothing happens.

This morning I saw there was an official version of the app so I uninstalled the version i got from filecoaster, and installed the official app. I hated that it didn't have universal search built in so i uninstalled the official version and re-installed V0.7.1. Since then I haven't been able to use the app to send a sms. I uninstalled V0.7.1 and re-installed once more and still nothing. I've also noticed that my settings are being saved from one install to another. Should this be happening? Any ideas on how to get sms working again? My history and other info come up so I assume that my pw and pin are correct.

Just tried making a call, can't do that either, press the call button and nothing happens. Do i need to completely remove every trace of the app? If so how would you recommend i do that?
    Last edited by Miwo86; 09/16/2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: More info
  12.    #1032  
    Also, another thing. I know it'd be tough, but after you fetch the history from google, would it be possible to combine the conversations by contact?
    I will have to look at the way they give me the data again. Without an official API, they do some weird things with the data.

Yep. Precisely.
    I will get this fixed in a new minor release.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  13.    #1033  
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwo86 View Post
    I've got V0.7.1 and I can't seem to send SMS, I hit the send button and nothing happens.

This morning I saw there was an official version of the app so I uninstalled the version i got from filecoaster, and installed the official app. I hated that it didn't have universal search built in so i uninstalled the official version and re-installed V0.7.1. Since then I haven't been able to use the app to send a sms. I uninstalled V0.7.1 and re-installed once more and still nothing. I've also noticed that my settings are being saved from one install to another. Should this be happening? Any ideas on how to get sms working again? My history and other info come up so I assume that my pw and pin are correct.

Just tried making a call, can't do that either, press the call button and nothing happens. Do i need to completely remove every trace of the app? If so how would you recommend i do that?
    It sounds like it might be pulling down all of your history and contacts on the initial load and it is not able to dial until that completes.

My suggestion is to run the homebrew version and let it sit for a 30-60 seconds to let it pull down all of your info. Then attempt an SMS or call and let me know what happens.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwo86 View Post

This sounds like the problem I had. I was on the homebrew version before 0.7.1, which I'd updated I think or reinstalled, I can't remember, after being on a previous version.

Dialing had no effect, but I could see my history items. I don't use GV that much, so I sort of left it at that for a couple days, I think.

I saw that 0.7.1 was out, so I just deleted the previous version and installed 0.7.1, thinking maybe that would fix it. Nope.

Then I went into Preferences, and noticed that there was no entry for my cell phone number. And that it was set to web dial. I entered my cell number and tried calling someone. I saw the "Web dial successful" notification, and then I hung up. I then turned Web dial off, and now it seems to work as I remember...and prefer.

What's the advantage of Web dialing vs. "direct" dialing from my Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I saw that 0.7.1 was out, so I just deleted the previous version and installed 0.7.1, thinking maybe that would fix it. Nope.?
    Just wondering, how did you uninstall or deleted the application?
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    Just wondering, how did you uninstall or deleted the application?
    Hold the orange button & the tap on the icon. It will ask you to confirm deletion.

The app must be in the launcher & not the quick launch bar.
    Follow Me On

17.    #1037  
    v0.7.2
    -Fixed SMS sorting again in the history
    -Added in '+' support in dialing and SMS in universal search
    -Dashboard shows even when program is running
    -Require Google User/Pass and cell number when loaded
    -Show a progress spinner on SMS send
    Become a fan on Facebook
    v0.7.2
    awesome
    MatterOfFactJack
    v0.7.2
    Am I just too quick for fileCoaster this time? Every other time there has been an update it has shown up in fileCoaster. Is anyone else not having the new version show up there?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Am I just too quick for fileCoaster this time? Every other time there has been an update it has shown up in fileCoaster. Is anyone else not having the new version show up there?
    The update shows up fine over here.