Page 51 of 145 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    The Homebrew worked fine just to let you know.
    That is odd, as the app catalog version should just use the google voice login info for google contacts if you don't enter one. That should work for everyone's case other than people who want to use a different contact account.

Is your GV account under a gmail address or some other address? And if you login to the GV website direct, do you have contacts in your account?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Keep up the great work! I don't know if this matters or not but can the app access an email to get integration for voicemail listening inside of the app? Here is a link to what I am talking about. I don't know if this means anything at all but I thought I would pass along the info.

Google Voice Message Playback Comes to Gmail - Google Voice - Lifehacker
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    My gv account is under a gmail address and I do have google contacts when I am logged into google voice.
  4.    #1004  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    My gv account is under a gmail address and I do have google contacts when I am logged into google voice.
    Okay, that is totally weird then. My suggestion would be to go in and manually re-enter your username/pass in the preferences for both the Google Voice and Google Contacts area and then stop and restart the app to see if that changes anything. I really appreciate your feedback on this as I want it to work for everyone as easily as possible.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  5.    #1005  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Keep up the great work! I don't know if this matters or not but can the app access an email to get integration for voicemail listening inside of the app? Here is a link to what I am talking about. I don't know if this means anything at all but I thought I would pass along the info.

Google Voice Message Playback Comes to Gmail - Google Voice - Lifehacker
    Unfortunately the problem isn't with Google. There is a bug in webOS that does not allow for streaming the voicemail file for some reason.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    This has likely been asked, but I couldn't find it during my spot check, so please forgive me..
    My question is: will the ability to send pics via SMS ever be added to GDial Pro??

FYI, because of GDial Pro:
    - I use GV almost exclusively..
    - I rarely ever use any of my day time minutes..
    - The GV screening features are like having an answering machine in my pocket..

Thank you for such a fine, polished, dependable and solid product..
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I already deleted the application from the app store before I downloaded the homebrew. If you would like me to download the application from the app store I will?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Updated. No issues so far to report.
  9.    #1009  
    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    This has likely been asked, but I couldn't find it during my spot check, so please forgive me..
    My question is: will the ability to send pics via SMS ever be added to GDial Pro??

FYI, because of GDial Pro:
    - I use GV almost exclusively..
    - I rarely ever use any of my day time minutes..
    - The GV screening features are like having an answering machine in my pocket..

Thank you for such a fine, polished, dependable and solid product..
    As far as I know, Google Voice itself doesn't support MMS right now. Once they support it, we can probably make it happen in the app.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    New version in homebrew

v0.7.1
    -New SMS's update the timestamp in history so they move the item to the top
    -Fixed SMS field length to be shorter, but expanding
    -Major revamp of preferences to hide advanced details by default and only ask for basic info
    -Automatically pull in the Google Voice number of the user from the GV website once the login/pass is given
    -Fixed entering numbers in the search to show either Dial or SMS based on which one you are doing
    -You can now add contacts to favorites from the favorites screen
    -Fix for some contacts being found in search but it wouldn't show their name on the results

GREAT JOB on 7.1. I was looking for the sms history where the most recent text came first!
  11.    #1011  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    GREAT JOB on 7.1. I was looking for the sms history where the most recent text came first!
    Yeah, that part might be a bit quirky depending on how GV associates texts with a given conversation, so definitely let me know how it works out for you.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Unfortunately the problem isn't with Google. There is a bug in webOS that does not allow for streaming the voicemail file for some reason.
    I gotcha. I haven't received a voicemail from google voice yet and I didn't know if it would try and play it through the web browser or play it through the email app. It sounds like it will try to stream it through the web browser and you will still get the same error. I was hoping it would be like when I get my voicemails emailed to me from work and it just streams it inside of the email app. Oh well.
    Is it possible to make FREE international calls with GDial Pro?
    Is it possible to have the last screen we were on ie. Favorites open when we reopen the app? Or can can you make a preference for which page we start with?
    I really like the new update... As always. One thing is there anyway to have a webdial button and Vmail dial button on the dial pad. I use web dial most of the time but every now and then when roaming or low coverage area or when on wifi but net is slow because of computer dialing.. Webdial does not function and I hate going back to pref to change it... Maybe if the call button was divided in half one half for web dial the other for vmail dial rather then it being a prefrences options.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Is it possible to have the last screen we were on ie. Favorites open when we reopen the app? Or can can you make a preference for which page we start with?
    It used to do that. guess not anymore

Quote Originally Posted by djsoto View Post
    Free as in sprint not charging you yes... free as in no charge at all.. no. you need to deposit money into your google voice account to be able to make international calls
    Last edited by jack87; 09/15/2009 at 06:14 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  16.    #1016  
    Quote Originally Posted by djsoto View Post
    Not free, but cheap. You can add credits into your Google Voice account and they charge very low rates for international calls.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  17.    #1017  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Yeah I have this on the list. It does it for the history to where it shows the last history page you were on, but it doesn't load up to the last screen you started on. Will get it added in for a future update.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  18.    #1018  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I really like the new update... As always. One thing is there anyway to have a webdial button and Vmail dial button on the dial pad. I use web dial most of the time but every now and then when roaming or low coverage area or when on wifi but net is slow because of computer dialing.. Webdial does not function and I hate going back to pref to change it... Maybe if the call button was divided in half one half for web dial the other for vmail dial rather then it being a prefrences options.
    Just to understand this better, so I can get the best solution. If you have service for phone, you have Internet right? Does it just take a long time to complete the web dial request with low service?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Yes. And if you are roaming, the webdial service rarely calls back. Sort of. The request is made, but the call isn't received on the device. Minute later when you get service, you are notified of a voicemail. The VM heard is the ringing & other person answering and talking to nothing.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I did a hard reset on my phone. Had to reinstall Gdial 7.1 but I can't get it to make calls, show history etc. Any clues? Also there isn't any notification saying whether the password and username are invalid so I have no insight whatsoever. Everything was fine b4 downloaded the current version and had that full erase.
    Last edited by Max Payne; 09/15/2009 at 10:46 PM.