Page 50 of 145 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Those are all options that are up to you. Do you want to hear a sound on notification? Do you want to hear noise when you dial? Do you want your Pre to vibrate when you press numbers on the dial pad?

Those are the questions to answer when turning on or off those options.
    Thanks so much. I appreciate the answer!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    It would be much easier to just install filecoaster or Preware, it shows the updates automatically.
    There isn't a way to get FileCoaster or Preware onto the phone without using WebOS Quick Install. Or rooting your phone, which is a whole lot more confusing to do (for newbies).

Quote Originally Posted by HMSHoney24 View Post
    Holy H*ll! I think that I'd better wait for it to hit the app store although that seriously ticks me off!

By no means am I'm stupid but that seems WAY over my head. I haven't even connected my Pre to my computer as of yet.

But, just out of curiosity (and if I decide to try this, haha), steps 1-6, am I downloading this to my computer and if so where to? A random new file that I create wherever or a specified place? And should my Pre be connected via USB to my computer during those steps or just beginning at step 8 where you instructed?

I do Thank You SO much for taking the time to try to help me and to type the instructions up. It says a lot about your character that you did so much for a new poster and I appreciate it greatly!
    LOL. It's all good. It seems like it's overwhelming, but it's really simple.
    You can just make a new folder on your desktop called "Pre Files" or whatever you want. And save the files from step 1, 2 & 3 into this folder. The file from step 2 can be deleted after it has been installed.

From my experience, I would leave the Pre disconnected until step 8.
    Follow Me On

This has probably already been requested but reading this whole thread is pretty overwhelming, but in the history could you add a preview of the last message in each conversation, or something similar? Thanks for the app again, it's awesome!
  4. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I've pretty much been sitting in the background watching this thread since it was started(jumped in a few times but not a lot) but I'd thought I'd toss out some of my suggestions/ideas/concerns. Hope some of this helps or can be implemented!

1. Can you make vibrate length for the dialer shorter? Or maybe this could be an option for the user(maybe a scrollbar to select the length of the vibrate?)

2. On the start sms screen, could you change the default size of the text box to something smaller so that the send button isn't defaulted to hiding behind the icons on the lower part of the screen?

3. Can you make the time stamp on the history screens smaller(and under the name rather than above) so that the name is the main thing noticed? Also, Can you have it display their picture in place of the type of message, along with maybe an icon that shows what it was?(text balloon, phone, etc.)

4. Can you make an indicator to show whether the item has been viewed or not? It's very annoying to have to search through and find the one that the notification was for.

5. Can you make the items display in order of time, rather than order of occurrence? What I'm saying is, the items do not change order if something is received. If i text person A, then B then C, and don't text C at all anymore, B and A will still always be behind C even though i'm not talking to C anymore. Make them display in this reverse chronological order and then separate into days like the native messaging app

6. Add pics for the favorites. I thought this was already included, but its not doing it on mine and I'm not sure why.

7. Add buttons on the favorites for call and sms, rather than making me tap on them and then tap what i want to do.

8. On the history for an individuals SMS history, get rid of the contact information at the top. I just want to see their name, pic, and maybe number next to the name. I don't need all that extra information. All of it is either known or in the history itself. It just takes up space. i want to see more of the messages.

9. Can you make the notifications stay in the bar? If i dont hear it, I never know theres a notification because it doesnt stay there.

10. also, can you prevent it from notifying me after i send something?

11. and on a file note, can you PLEASE, somehow, someway, get autorefresh shorter than 5 minutes. i can't stand that and it annoys me to reply to people 5 minutes late or sit there and refresh for 5 minutes manually.

12. After i hit send for a text, can you grey it out or something so that I know ive hit the send button and that its trying to send?

Anyways, those are my suggestions right now. I'll list more as I come across them. But keep up the good work man, I'm lovin the app.
  5.    #985  
    Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    I've pretty much been sitting in the background watching this thread since it was started(jumped in a few times but not a lot) but I'd thought I'd toss out some of my suggestions/ideas/concerns. Hope some of this helps or can be implemented!

1. Can you make vibrate length for the dialer shorter? Or maybe this could be an option for the user(maybe a scrollbar to select the length of the vibrate?)

2. On the start sms screen, could you change the default size of the text box to something smaller so that the send button isn't defaulted to hiding behind the icons on the lower part of the screen?

3. Can you make the time stamp on the history screens smaller(and under the name rather than above) so that the name is the main thing noticed? Also, Can you have it display their picture in place of the type of message, along with maybe an icon that shows what it was?(text balloon, phone, etc.)

4. Can you make an indicator to show whether the item has been viewed or not? It's very annoying to have to search through and find the one that the notification was for.

5. Can you make the items display in order of time, rather than order of occurrence? What I'm saying is, the items do not change order if something is received. If i text person A, then B then C, and don't text C at all anymore, B and A will still always be behind C even though i'm not talking to C anymore. Make them display in this reverse chronological order and then separate into days like the native messaging app

6. Add pics for the favorites. I thought this was already included, but its not doing it on mine and I'm not sure why.

7. Add buttons on the favorites for call and sms, rather than making me tap on them and then tap what i want to do.

8. On the history for an individuals SMS history, get rid of the contact information at the top. I just want to see their name, pic, and maybe number next to the name. I don't need all that extra information. All of it is either known or in the history itself. It just takes up space. i want to see more of the messages.

9. Can you make the notifications stay in the bar? If i dont hear it, I never know theres a notification because it doesnt stay there.

10. also, can you prevent it from notifying me after i send something?

11. and on a file note, can you PLEASE, somehow, someway, get autorefresh shorter than 5 minutes. i can't stand that and it annoys me to reply to people 5 minutes late or sit there and refresh for 5 minutes manually.

12. After i hit send for a text, can you grey it out or something so that I know ive hit the send button and that its trying to send?

Anyways, those are my suggestions right now. I'll list more as I come across them. But keep up the good work man, I'm lovin the app.
    Thanks, added all this to my todo to take a look at. Some may be possible and others not. I could make the refresh faster while the app is open if that would resolve 11 for you?

The 5 minutes is the shortest for when the app is closed, but could definitely make it as fast as necessary while it is open.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  6. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Thanks, added all this to my todo to take a look at. Some may be possible and others not. I could make the refresh faster while the app is open if that would resolve 11 for you?

The 5 minutes is the shortest for when the app is closed, but could definitely make it as fast as necessary while it is open.
    That would be a great help. Would this also occur when the screen is off?
  7.    #987  
    Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    That would be a great help. Would this also occur when the screen is off?
    No, it wouldn't. The only way to wake the device up is to use the service I am using currently which has a minimum of 5 minute polling time.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Very interesting article on GoogleVoice and Smartphones. Kudos for Palm for approving gDial Pro while Apple still prevents a GoogleVoice app...

Palm OKs Google Voice as iPhone Stays in Limbo - InternetNews.com
    Last edited by Audemars02; 09/14/2009 at 10:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    hear hear!! excellent slam on apple for being lame & for palm kickin ***!
    Apple seemed to be concerned that the branding of Google in the app diminished Apple's role in the iPhone user experience.
    This is basically why I do not like Apple.
    Now that it's in the app catalog, is it truly an unofficial Google Voice app (ha, ha). Congratz on official app.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thanks for working on this app. I've been using it in various versions since early August.

Would it be possible to speed up dialing? On my old Treo 700p, I had a calling card application that I used for Google Voice before I got my Pre. That application dialed my GV number, PIN, and the number I was dialing, all within about 2 seconds.

With gDialPro, I have been using WebDial (with a silent ringtone) since regular dialing is so slow, but it's a bit more awkward.
    Amen to faster dialing. But i dont think it is possible. Google have yet to release an API for GVOICE.

Wish I had the dialing feature from the native android google voice app on the pre.
    With 1-2 seconds call is connected.
    Hello,

I just got my Pre a few days ago. Im having an issue with gDial Pro however. The SMS works fine but when I dial a number and press the call button, nothing happens. Is this a bug or am I just missing something unbelievaby simple?
    I am kind of getting irritated. I downloaded the gDial program through the app store. I went ahead and put all the settings in and GV was working fine. I tried to send an SMS message and it said invald username/password. After reading a few threads I realized I should not have put anything in the Google Contacts field since I do no have an account.

Problem: I can not delete the username and password for google contacts. When I delete them, its like they do not save. I tried deleting and redownloading the program but the preferences stay. Please Advice. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I am getting the same error when I try try to send an SMS message. It says invalid username/password. I know I am putting in the right username/password.It works on google voice using the internet on my computer.
  17.    #997  
    I think there might be a bug to cause this to happen occasionally. Unfortunately, I am not able to update the app catalog version as quickly as I would like, but if you are comfortable with Homebrew, I would recommend using the homebrew version as it gets updated much more rapidly.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  18.    #998  
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but it would be great if you could enable the proximity sensor in the gDial Pro dialer. (like the native phone app)
    This should work actually as all calls actually come through the native dialer. So anytime you are talking on the phone, it should be the native dialer on the screen and it uses the proximity sensor to turn off the screen.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  19.    #999  
    New version in homebrew

v0.7.1
    -New SMS's update the timestamp in history so they move the item to the top
    -Fixed SMS field length to be shorter, but expanding
    -Major revamp of preferences to hide advanced details by default and only ask for basic info
    -Automatically pull in the Google Voice number of the user from the GV website once the login/pass is given
    -Fixed entering numbers in the search to show either Dial or SMS based on which one you are doing
    -You can now add contacts to favorites from the favorites screen
    -Fix for some contacts being found in search but it wouldn't show their name on the results
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    The Homebrew worked fine just to let you know.