Page 49 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I have a feature request. I often chose to make calls through my dumb phone instead of my pre. I have gdial setup so when I do webdial, it rings my other phone. It would be nice if I could enter more than one number, and gdial prompted to select which number to use. That way I could initiate calls from my pre through any phone I wanted.
    so i was thinking that it would be real clean if you could put a toggle switch on the original pre dialer that would allow you to choose to use google voice (gdial) to dial the number or your regular sprint service. now i realize that this probably wont be possible with the limited depth to which you can access the webos. i just think that would make it amazingly simple to use google voice. any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Hmm. Trying to get the hang of this App. What would be the quickest way for you to send txt msg to a phone # that is not in your address book?
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    Hmm. Trying to get the hang of this App. What would be the quickest way for you to send txt msg to a phone # that is not in your address book?
    I don't think it's possible at the moment.

flpalm, can this be added/fixed? When you click on the "to" field entry in the SMS tab screen, we should be able to manually enter a phone number.

Under universal search, can you also make the results similar to the native search where the number appears and an "SMS" icon is displayed on the far right. If you click on the SMS icon, you can send a message. But if you click on the number it takes you to the dialpad.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I don't think it's possible at the moment.

flpalm, can this be added/fixed? When you click on the "to" field entry in the SMS tab screen, we should be able to manually enter a phone number.

Under universal search, can you also make the results similar to the native search where the number appears and an "SMS" icon is displayed on the far right. If you click on the SMS icon, you can send a message. But if you click on the number it takes you to the dialpad.
    If u just start typing a number after pressing the SMS icon it will show the number, then if you press it.. eventhough it says dialpad... it puts the number in the TO field for the SMS app.

But if u press where it says TO, it brings up the contacts.

Or at least that's how mine does it.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    flpalm...

I have a question: When typing a name for example. In my contacts there's a Mike P. someone name L. Minns, and Tamiko S.

Currently when u type in "Mi" you'll see Mike and anyone who's first or last name starts with "Mi"... but it ignores the "Mi" that are in the names like in Tamiko.

Is there a way to make the universal search work like that?
    I wonder... could you make it swipe to change different modes.. like the modes at the bottom of the screen that we tap on... phone/sms/history/fav/mgvoice if we could swipe across screen to change the modes like shuffling through pictures in the photo app or days in the calendar or pages in launcher... you got the idea. it would be awesome!!! for some reason i keep finding myself swiping haha it be nice if it worked
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    If u just start typing a number after pressing the SMS icon it will show the number, then if you press it.. eventhough it says dialpad... it puts the number in the TO field for the SMS app.

But if u press where it says TO, it brings up the contacts.

Or at least that's how mine does it.
    You're right. I saw that but didn't click on the # I typed in because it says "dial" instead of "sms". I assumed it would throw it to the dialpad when clicked.
    Follow Me On

9.    #969  
    You're right. I saw that but didn't click on the # I typed in because it says "dial" instead of "sms". I assumed it would throw it to the dialpad when clicked.
    I'll fix that message for SMS to show the appropriate action it is taking, but yeah that is how you do it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  10.    #970  
    I had thought about doing that at one point, but wasn't sure if anyone else found themselves swiping like I was. I guess they do so I will put it on the list.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  11.    #971  
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    flpalm...

I have a question: When typing a name for example. In my contacts there's a Mike P. someone name L. Minns, and Tamiko S.

Currently when u type in "Mi" you'll see Mike and anyone who's first or last name starts with "Mi"... but it ignores the "Mi" that are in the names like in Tamiko.

Is there a way to make the universal search work like that?
    I use the native Palm searching so I am unable to change how they match contacts at this time. What it does mean is that if they improve their searching we get those changes as well though.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Can someone please tell me, I'm sorry sorta step by step as I'm not at all knowledgeable w/Smart Phones (this is my 1st), how to get the updated (6.9) version of gDial Pro?! Also, are we notified via our Pre when there are future updates?

I already have the one from the app store installed if that matters.

Also, under gDial Pro preferences, advanced...what should the settings be for -

Enable notification sound
    Enable dial tones
    Vibrate on dial

Thanks SO much in advance!
    Is there a how to guide for this app? I don't know how to add to my favorites. Is the history the only way to add to favorites?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Is there a how to guide for this app? I don't know how to add to my favorites. Is the history the only way to add to favorites?
    At the moment, yes.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by HMSHoney24 View Post
    Can someone please tell me, I'm sorry sorta step by step as I'm not at all knowledgeable w/Smart Phones (this is my 1st), how to get the updated (6.9) version of gDial Pro?! Also, are we notified via our Pre when there are future updates?
    You would have to install "WebOS Quick Install". Follow these steps:

1) Download the WebOSDoctor Recover Rom here --> WebOSDoctor
    2) Install Java 1.6 --> Java Website
    3) Download WebOS Quick Install --> Here (you must be logged into this forum)
    4) Place both the "WebOSDoctor" file & the "WebOS Quick Install" into the same folder.
    5) Double Click on "WebOSQuickInstall.jar"
    6) Install "Novacom" by clicking "File > Options > Attempt Novacom (re)installation"
    7) On your Pre, enable Developer Mode. You can do this by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" (as if you were doing a Universal Search). A new app will appear, enter it & click "On". The phone will reset.
    8) Close WebOS Quick Install. After the phone is back in action, connect it to the computer (choose "Just Charge"). Wait for the computer to finish recognizing the phone & says something like "You hardware is now ready to use".
    9) Download the latest version of gDial Pro from here --> Homebrew Apps (you must be logged in to download)
    10) Open up WebOS Quick Install & click the plus button (+). Locate the gDial file you downloaded & choose it. Then click "Install".
    11) Once your app is installed, go back into Develper Mode (see step 7) and turn it off.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Syphon; 09/13/2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Added step 11
    Follow Me On

It would be much easier to just install filecoaster or Preware, it shows the updates automatically.
    You would have to install "WebOS Quick Install". Follow these steps:

1) Download the WebOSDoctor Recover Rom here --> WebOSDoctor
    2) Install Java 1.6 --> Java Website
    3) Download WebOS Quick Install --> Here (you must be logged into this forum)
    4) Place both the "WebOSDoctor" file & the "WebOS Quick Install" into the same folder.
    5) Double Click on "WebOSQuickInstall.jar"
    6) Install "Novacom" by clicking "File > Options > Attempt Novacom (re)installation"
    7) On your Pre, enable Developer Mode. You can do this by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" (as if you were doing a Universal Search). A new app will appear, enter it & click "On". The phone will reset.
    8) Close WebOS Quick Install. After the phone is back in action, connect it to the computer (choose "Just Charge"). Wait for the computer to finish recognizing the phone & says something like "You hardware is now ready to use".
    9) Download the latest version of gDial Pro from here --> Homebrew Apps (you must be logged in to download)
    10) Open up WebOS Quick Install & click the plus button (+). Locate the gDial file you downloaded & choose it. Then click "Install".

Hope that helps.
    Holy H*ll! I think that I'd better wait for it to hit the app store although that seriously ticks me off!

By no means am I'm stupid but that seems WAY over my head. I haven't even connected my Pre to my computer as of yet.

But, just out of curiosity (and if I decide to try this, haha), steps 1-6, am I downloading this to my computer and if so where to? A random new file that I create wherever or a specified place? And should my Pre be connected via USB to my computer during those steps or just beginning at step 8 where you instructed?

I do Thank You SO much for taking the time to try to help me and to type the instructions up. It says a lot about your character that you did so much for a new poster and I appreciate it greatly!

PS... Any tips on the second half of my post:

Under gDial Pro preferences, advanced...what should the settings be for -

Enable dial tones
    Vibrate on dial

Thank You again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    It would be much easier to just install filecoaster or Preware, it shows the updates automatically.
    Any specific help with this?

Thank You so much in advance!
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but it would be great if you could enable the proximity sensor in the gDial Pro dialer. (like the native phone app)
  20.    #980  
    Quote Originally Posted by HMSHoney24 View Post
    Under gDial Pro preferences, advanced...what should the settings be for -

Enable dial tones
    Vibrate on dial

Thank You again.
    Those are all options that are up to you. Do you want to hear a sound on notification? Do you want to hear noise when you dial? Do you want your Pre to vibrate when you press numbers on the dial pad?

Those are the questions to answer when turning on or off those options.
    Become a fan on Facebook