Page 48 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Congrats dude.

I'm glad that i've been using this since the first beta.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Is the homebrew version going to drop off now I assume?
    for some reason i keep getting an incorrect login information message when i try to send text in this program. everything works fine in dkgooglevoice, but i'd like to use this program instead, any ideas?

nevermind, got it working, just had to reload all the information
    Congratz. I've been singing the praises of this app to my husband. I love keeping that SMS history even if I do a full restore or WebOS Doctor my Pre.
    Congrats on the App Catalog! Very cool of you to continue supporting the Homebrew community as well!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    So, I followed all the troubleshooting tips, I have pretty much everything written in the preferences. But it is still giving me an invalid username/password message when I try to test SMS.

Hunh, so Refreshing the History and Resetting the History - forces the Username / Password to be recognized. This should go in the FAQ.
    Can anyone send me a google voice invite to mjsanchez@gmail.com? I'd appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    That is definitely weird. If you go setup a call on the Google Voice site itself, does it work? Or are you just not able to use Google Voice through gDial Pro?
    It started working again once Palm added the app to the Catalog :-)

But I wasn't receiving any calls from other callers. They would text me and say they just called me and it went straight to voicemail, I had never gotten the call on my Pre. Other than that, GDial Pro worked fine with webdials, SMS, etc. But all is well now!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Need a bit of help here... the app works great, except when I try to retrieve my GV voicemail. I press and hold 1, the app dials, then I get the kind lady telling me, "The Google Voice subscriber you have called is not available. Please leave a message."

How does one get to listen to their own GV voicemail through this app?
  10. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    You have to call in from the phone you have registered with GV.
  11.    #951  
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    Need a bit of help here... the app works great, except when I try to retrieve my GV voicemail. I press and hold 1, the app dials, then I get the kind lady telling me, "The Google Voice subscriber you have called is not available. Please leave a message."

How does one get to listen to their own GV voicemail through this app?
    Yes, you need to add your cellphone number into your Google Voice account.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    You have to call in from the phone you have registered with GV.
    Thanks - was able to get it figured out.
    So will the 6.9 version eventually make it to the Palm App Store?
    Is there a way to add favs that are NOT in your history like DK's app?
  15.    #955  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    So will the 6.9 version eventually make it to the Palm App Store?
    I will probably iterate to a new major version with new features, get it stable and then release to the catalog, so probably not 6.9. The release schedule at Palm is a bit slower than I like for the app, so I will do rapid releases on homebrew and then eventually release a new update to the catalog.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  16.    #956  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef1182 View Post
    Is there a way to add favs that are NOT in your history like DK's app?
    Not yet, but coming soon
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Not yet, but coming soon
    Thanks!! Looking forward to it!
    I will probably iterate to a new major version with new features, get it stable and then release to the catalog, so probably not 6.9. The release schedule at Palm is a bit slower than I like for the app, so I will do rapid releases on homebrew and then eventually release a new update to the catalog.
    Ah ok. cool. Just didn't know what the process is for an updated app to go into the App Store.

BTW - have you seen the Android version of Google Voice? One very interesting feature it has for the Android phone is the option to use Google Voice EVERY TIME you call out or the phone will ask you if you want to use Google Voice or your own phone number.

Also, in the SMS history, is it possible to include a "summary" or the last text that was received by an individual instead of just their name? I sometimes can't tell which SMS is new or old. This feature is also present in the Android Google Voice app.

Also, was curiously to know why you had switched from a white background (in the sms history page) to gray with black fonts. Kinda tough to see sometimes but that's just a tiny thing I noticed. Not a biggy.

Anyway...great app. This is the ONLY reason why I used homebrew.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    ●█〓██▄▄▄▄▄▄ ●●●●>>>> zomg pew pew
    ▄▅██████▅▄▃
    ████████████
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙
  20.    #960  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Ah ok. cool. Just didn't know what the process is for an updated app to go into the App Store.

BTW - have you seen the Android version of Google Voice? One very interesting feature it has for the Android phone is the option to use Google Voice EVERY TIME you call out or the phone will ask you if you want to use Google Voice or your own phone number.

Also, in the SMS history, is it possible to include a "summary" or the last text that was received by an individual instead of just their name? I sometimes can't tell which SMS is new or old. This feature is also present in the Android Google Voice app.

Also, was curiously to know why you had switched from a white background (in the sms history page) to gray with black fonts. Kinda tough to see sometimes but that's just a tiny thing I noticed. Not a biggy.

Anyway...great app. This is the ONLY reason why I used homebrew.
    I added all this to my TODO list, thanks for the suggestions. Some things like overtaking the native dialer will probably not happen for awhile as it requires some Palm support, but the other stuff I can probably do no problem
    Become a fan on Facebook