Page 47 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CONGRATS on a great app!
    fpalm congrats ! awsome app ! can you post for a donation ?
    Wonderful App. Using it all day. Do not have to worry about minute-meter with Pick3. Congratulations flpalm and thanks!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Congrats!

I bet they approved it just to screw with apple more with the whole FCC thing. HA!
  5.    #925  
    Thanks everyone. It wasn't only my work, but all your comments and suggestions that made the app what it is. And the plan is to keep updating with the ideas that have been thrown out there. Now I can work on a new major version with the stuff you guys have been asking for and get it stable on homebrew before updating the main app catalog. Let's all keep this train rolling.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Thanks everyone. It wasn't only my work, but all your comments and suggestions that made the app what it is. And the plan is to keep updating with the ideas that have been thrown out there. Now I can work on a new major version with the stuff you guys have been asking for and get it stable on homebrew before updating the main app catalog. Let's all keep this train rolling.
    Very well put... it can only get better now.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Preciate all your hard work.
    Well can you post a link so I can donate???
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Awesome job yall did flpalm. We all really appreciate everyone's hard work that contributed to such a fine app. I'm looking forward to see where this app is taken in the future.
    .69 is my favorite release!!

Thanks for 7 digit dialing (I asked for that)!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    I'm going to dig into this guy's script and attempt to figure out what he's doing. Looks like it's written in perl and I'm not too familiar with that language.
    Google Voice Command Line Script | 0xdecafbad.com

looks like he seems to have gotten it to work, now just to figure out how
    I can probably explain anything you want Although, like you, I am not too familiar with perl.

On my page I detail it somewhat. There are various URLs that do different things.

I use WWW::Mechanize to automate the login/auth process. From what I can tell this process is the same for GMail. There is a hidden form field that you have to get in order to make it all work.

Once authenticated, I send data to Google Voice to initiate a call, send an SMS or Cancel a call.

I list the URLs to deal with inboxes, contacts, etc although I have yet to actually add the support for those things. They are JSON objects, so parsing them should not be terribly difficult as there is likely a perl module for that already.

I am probably not going to follow this forum so if you have questions for me or if anything is unclear in the script, it would probably be better to write them on my blog where I will actually see them.
    Been waiting for the official catalog version. Nice. BUT, when I try and send a text to test it out, it says "invalid username/password." I'm not sure why. I entered everything directly from my gvoice account. Its really frustrating me.
    I am going to follow Homebrew beta versions, but in case someone wants to install Catalog version, is there a need to remove homebrew version? If yes, how?
    Nevermind, I figured it out (after about an hour). It was asking me about my Google Contact info. I don't have a Google Contact information set up but on my Pre I entered my gmail information for those spaces when I should've been leaving them blank.

Awesome app but you should include more details about the product and a "Help" feature on your website.
    Congrats on getting in the app store!

I have to say... this is the best google voice app I've used (except of course for its implementation in Android... though that isn't a fair comparison! :P)
    Just a quick question. The app works great(very happy with it) but whenever I turn off web-based dialing, it calls my GV number and then it starts to dial itself and nothing seems to get done. I'm probably doing something wrong but not too sure. Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Gratz on a great app and getting on the App Store!!
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Just a quick question. The app works great(very happy with it) but whenever I turn off web-based dialing, it calls my GV number and then it starts to dial itself and nothing seems to get done. I'm probably doing something wrong but not too sure. Thanks in advance!
    Go into preferences and set the delay time to a bigger number (3 or 4). This will let the program give the automated system enough time to catch up. The extra dialing you hear is the program automatically entering the prompts.

Also, if your settings in Google Voice are enable to enter a PIN when calling voicemail, make sure the PIN is set in gDial Pro.
    Follow Me On

thank you. i take full credit for this app's success. from here on out, everyone thank me for this app and for all of my hard work.

just kidding, congrats on the recognition! i hope you're able to reap some great rewards from this!
  20.    #940  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    fpalm congrats ! awsome app ! can you post for a donation ?
    I am not looking for donations on it, but thanks for the offer.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook