Page 46 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by L-Boogie View Post
    Wow I'm lost does anybody know how I can get Googlevoice? I tried to sign up for it on google and it threw me some lame excuse, any tips or workarounds?
    One can buy Google Voice Invitation from ebay for less than a dollar and receive them instantly in most of the times.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I think webdial as default is best. I used VM way first and it was a royal pain to use IMO.
    Webdial is great in most situations... although I've noticed in spots with sketchy reception, that you may be able to successfully webdial, but the phone call connecting you may not come through, plus if you change your mind on the call and ignore the web call, you may end up with a blank voicemail.

I've actually switched back to using the voicemail dial, since I know if I can connect to voicemail then it'll go through. (I have bad reception at my house).
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    One can buy Google Voice Invitation from ebay for less than a dollar and receive them instantly in most of the times.
    Thanks, I just now went to ebay and bought my invite.
    Quote Originally Posted by rastataoist View Post
    Webdial is great in most situations... although I've noticed in spots with sketchy reception, that you may be able to successfully webdial, but the phone call connecting you may not come through, plus if you change your mind on the call and ignore the web call, you may end up with a blank voicemail.

I've actually switched back to using the voicemail dial, since I know if I can connect to voicemail then it'll go through. (I have bad reception at my house).
    I have noticed that if you change your mind after completeing the web dial, it will still dial the number you called but send it to your sprint voicemail with the lady talking.
  6.    #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have noticed that if you change your mind after completeing the web dial, it will still dial the number you called but send it to your sprint voicemail with the lady talking.
    Yeah, the best way to back out of a call once it is submitted to GV is to actually answer the call from Google and then immediately hang up. That works best for me although it may ring the other phone one time.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I'm going to dig into this guy's script and attempt to figure out what he's doing. Looks like it's written in perl and I'm not too familiar with that language.
    Google Voice Command Line Script | 0xdecafbad.com

looks like he seems to have gotten it to work, now just to figure out how
    To cancel a call placed through the web (or this script)

./googlevoice.pl cancel
    ###
    # Cancel a call
    ###
    sub cancelcall {
    $cookiejar = HTTP::Cookies->new();

$rnr_se = auth($cookiejar);

if (!defined $rnr_se) {
    return;
    } else {
    my ($url, $client, $request, $response, $postdata);

$client = LWP::UserAgent->new();
    $client->agent('Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060308 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.11');
    $client->timeout(30);
    $client->cookie_jar($cookiejar);

$url = 'https://www.google.com/voice/call/cancel/';
    $postdata = "outgoingNumber=undefined&forwardingNumber=undefined&cancelType=C2C&_rnr_se=$rnr_se";

$request = HTTP::Request->new(POST => $url);
    $request->content_type('application/x-www-form-urlencoded');
    $request->content($postdata);
    $response = $client->request($request);

if ($response->is_success) {
    print "Call cancelled\n";
    } else {
    print "Could not cancel the call ".$response->status_line."\n";
    }
    }
    return;
    }
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 09/10/2009 at 07:25 AM. Reason: fixed spelling of perl and added chuck of script that applies
    How do I send a SMS with just a number not a phone book entry?
  9.    #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by Belohamilton View Post
    How do I send a SMS with just a number not a phone book entry?
    You just dial the number on the keypad
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Every time I type a number on the TO: location of the SMS page it sends me to my phone book.
  11.    #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by Belohamilton View Post
    Every time I type a number on the TO: location of the SMS page it sends me to my phone book.
    Don't tap the To area. Just start typing on the keypad and it will start running a search, but the top selection is the phone number you are dialing.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  12.    #912  
    New version

v0.6.9
    -All new users default to webdial
    -Help messages in the preference menu for non-self explanatory items
    -New voicemails cause a notification message
    -Check for internet connection before updating data
    -Change default delay to 3 for maximum compatibility
    -Allow 7 digit dialling (Assumes the prefix of your GV number)
    -Fix for bug when cancelling from address book displaying cancel in the TO area
    -GUI fixes to fit within the Palm UI recommendations
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Just Installed. Looks Good.
    Thanks,

mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Great list of updates!
    Also just got Pick 3 added with GV as one of the numbers
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    @socalgirl.
    You can use gdial (google voice) as unlimited if you have Sprint's pick 3/5 plan and have given sprint your google voice number for one of your pick 3/5. If you use the web dial, then you will get a phone call from you gv number and will connect you to the call you are making. If you dial straight through it will take you to your voice mail and complete the dialing of the numbers and you will get a message 'this is a free call'.

You have to have the Pick 3/5 plan from sprint or you will be charged for all calls like a regular call.

To make sure your incoming calls are free with google voice, you have to check the option to display gv number versus the number of the actual person calling, but if you press #1 when you get the call, you are able to screen the call and see who it is calling and decided if you want to talk to them or not.

I don't think it will be free in another country, I accidentally dialed 11 numbers one time and it gave me a message that the call would be 3cents a minute, I immediately hung up and made the phone call again.
    With gv I now have unlimited calling and it is free, I have the lowest plan sprint can offer with the minutes (450) so it makes up for the unlimited incoming calls I had to get rid of for the Pre.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions you can pm me , so we don't take this thread off topic.

Gdial pro has enabled me to make my gv number my primary number. I very rarely use the regular dialer now.
    they made me take off unlimited incoming to made me mad.. but i had skype to go in mind when they offered pick 5 so i was good to go than i discovered google voice and here we are
    MatterOfFactJack
    flpalm are you in the app catalog now? i am testing leak 1.2 cant view it
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    flpalm are you in the app catalog now? i am testing leak 1.2 cant view it
    It sure is! Congrats to Fpalm are in order!! Great app, now in the official app catalog!
    The verison in the app catalog is 6.8.. But flpalm I gave you 5 stars
    --Marvin
    the version in app catalog is different it only gets contacts from your google contacts where as the homebrew one gets all your contacts in synergy... great job Flpalm!! congratulations!
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    It sure is! Congrats to Fpalm are in order!! Great app, now in the official app catalog!
    yes congrats fpalm!