Page 44 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494144 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #861  
    Ohhh finally got me a google voice account and I'm loving this app! Love the google voice, how it integrates all your history and I was sooo happy to see a number was available that I wanted. Now I see why apple wants to reject this app, it does take over the core function of the phone. I use it for my phone and sms.

    EDIT: ahh spoke too soon. I jinxed myself. I tried to dial out and now it says to access the pin, it does it automatically, then it gives tells me the menu and the phone starts to dial on its own over the girls voice. In the end she says I seem to be having trouble (of course) and to try again later. . I tried the web based dial and I see the notification at the bottom but nothing happens. After a while still nothing so I go online and check the history and it said the call was placed.
    Last edited by LupeValenz; 09/06/2009 at 12:41 PM.
  2.    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Ohhh finally got me a google voice account and I'm loving this app! Love the google voice, how it integrates all your history and I was sooo happy to see a number was available that I wanted. Now I see why apple wants to reject this app, it does take over the core function of the phone. I use it for my phone and sms.

    EDIT: ahh spoke too soon. I jinxed myself. I tried to dial out and now it says to access the pin, it does it automatically, then it gives tells me the menu and the phone starts to dial on its own over the girls voice. In the end she says I seem to be having trouble (of course) and to try again later. . I tried the web based dial and I see the notification at the bottom but nothing happens. After a while still nothing so I go online and check the history and it said the call was placed.
    Make sure to verify that you have added your cell phone to your Google Voice account as a ring to number.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3. bdGDL08's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    #863  
    I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before. Most vibrations are turned off when the Pre is on the Touchstone, but this is not the case with your app. I like having vibrations off while docked, but not when just charging normally. Would you please take this into consideration. Thank you. Other than that, I love this app. It was because of this app that I got a GV account. So thank you for getting me into that as well!
  4. jamsys's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #864  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Make sure to verify that you have added your cell phone to your Google Voice account as a ring to number.

    Little lost..

    First what is webdial?

    Also when I use it normally it starts dialing over her voice prompts..

    What am i doing wrong??
  5.    #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    Little lost..

    First what is webdial?

    Also when I use it normally it starts dialing over her voice prompts..

    What am i doing wrong??
    Webdial is a different way to make it work, where Google will call your cell phone and then connect you with the other person. With webdial off, it should dial into your Google Voice number and then you should hear it dialing over top of the female voice, but it should end with you hearing her say something like, "This is a free call" and then it rings the number you had dialed.

    If you do hear her prompts, I would look at the PIN setting in preferences to make sure that you have it entered with the PIN you have setup on Google Voice.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  6. #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Make sure to verify that you have added your cell phone to your Google Voice account as a ring to number.
    It is. I had my Google voice setup before working in this app.
  7.    #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    It is. I had my Google voice setup before working in this app.
    There were some other people at one point having trouble receiving calls into their Pre from GV. Not sure whether it was a temporary issue.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  8. #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    ... When you send an SMS via gDial Pro, the reply comes from a "406-xxx-xxxx" number. This number is different for every contact you text. All you gotta do is add that specific 406 number to their contact details.

    Now everytime you use the official messaging app to SMS that contact's 406 number it will send as if it were from your GV number. ...
    Here is more info about the 406 area codes. Why do my Google Voice SMS messages come from area code 406? :: Free Tech Support :: Ask Dave Taylor!

    The article explains why you see phone numbers from the 406 area code if you look at replies to GV texts in the Pre's built-in SMS application. But the article is wrong when it says not to send SMS or make calls to those 406 numbers from the phone's built-in applications. Syphon is correct.

    If you use the Pre's built-in applications to text or call the 406 number, both will appear to the recipient as coming from your GV number (not your Sprint number), and both will show up in your GV history (in gDial, on the web, etc.). This works with both SMS and voice calls. The gDial application doesn't even have to be open. Try it.
  9. #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    Here is more info about the 406 area codes. Why do my Google Voice SMS messages come from area code 406? :: Free Tech Support :: Ask Dave Taylor!

    The article explains why you see phone numbers from the 406 area code if you look at replies to GV texts in the Pre's built-in SMS application. But the article is wrong when it says not to send SMS or make calls to those 406 numbers from the phone's built-in applications. Syphon is correct.

    If you use the Pre's built-in applications to text or call the 406 number, both will appear to the recipient as coming from your GV number (not your Sprint number), and both will show up in your GV history (in gDial, on the web, etc.). This works with both SMS and voice calls. The gDial application doesn't even have to be open. Try it.
    The above explanation is very clear and explains practical use of 406 number. Thanks.
    What will happen if we call that 406-xxx-xxxx number for the particular contact from gDial? My take is that it will display GV number. This method helps disguising the Sprint# even while calling from Sprint Native Dialer but you have to find out 406 numbers for each contact. For me I am happy using gDial and avoid using Sprint Native Dialer especially for non-sprint phone. If you use gDial to call Sprint phone, you as well as the other party will end up using sprint minutes even when Sprint to Sprint call is free.
  10. #870  
    I still use gDial to call out & send texts to people whose "406" number I don't have. Once I get that number for them, I use the native Messaging app to continue the conversation (nothing against gDial, I just like the native Pre Messaging app).
    Follow Me On

  11. #871  
    Won't sprint recognize that as a number besides your pick 3 and you be charged for the minutes?

    Edit:
    I was using gdial pro and got a voicemail. I went to the internalz app and it had the choice to play. I clicked and it said would you like to stream or download, streaming would not work so I downloaded. I then winscp and changed the filename to voicemail.wav and went back to internalz and was able to listen to my google voice mail by clicking open.

    Thought this might help on the quest to listen to voicemails from gdial pro. If there was a script or something to rename it to a wav file we could listen to our voicemails, we all know the transcribed text is not the most accurate.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/07/2009 at 10:46 PM.
  12. #872  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Won't sprint recognize that as a number besides your pick 3 and you be charged for the minutes?
    I believe if you call 406 number from Sprint Native Dialer, you will be charged for minutes even if you have pick3 with GV number in that. So, if you have pick3, you are better off using gDial except for Sprint to Sprint calls.
    Last edited by bnaik; 09/07/2009 at 11:20 PM.
  13. #873  
    That is what I thought with Sprint you have to give them 3 or 5 numbers to add to your account. The 406's would eat up your minutes and in my case not make google voice worth it.
  14. #874  
    Hi mamouton,

    I was just wondering if you could help me understand how this will work.

    Will the GDial work both through a regular cell call, using Google Voice Number as one of my 3 numbers Sprint allows AND/OR though the broadband or a wifi connection? (I'm thinking WiFi will be great if I'm in another country?)

    Do you know if those 3 numbers with Sprint are free for incoming calls from those 3 numbers also? (i.e. calls to the Google Voice number routed to the cell phone number are free?)

    I'm very new at all of this and see you are possibly using the GDial the way I think will benefit me, especially in minute useage.

    Thank you so much in advance for any help and tips!
  15. #875  
    @socalgirl.
    You can use gdial (google voice) as unlimited if you have Sprint's pick 3/5 plan and have given sprint your google voice number for one of your pick 3/5. If you use the web dial, then you will get a phone call from you gv number and will connect you to the call you are making. If you dial straight through it will take you to your voice mail and complete the dialing of the numbers and you will get a message 'this is a free call'.

    You have to have the Pick 3/5 plan from sprint or you will be charged for all calls like a regular call.

    To make sure your incoming calls are free with google voice, you have to check the option to display gv number versus the number of the actual person calling, but if you press #1 when you get the call, you are able to screen the call and see who it is calling and decided if you want to talk to them or not.

    I don't think it will be free in another country, I accidentally dialed 11 numbers one time and it gave me a message that the call would be 3cents a minute, I immediately hung up and made the phone call again.
    With gv I now have unlimited calling and it is free, I have the lowest plan sprint can offer with the minutes (450) so it makes up for the unlimited incoming calls I had to get rid of for the Pre.

    I hope this helps, if you have any other questions you can pm me , so we don't take this thread off topic.

    Gdial pro has enabled me to make my gv number my primary number. I very rarely use the regular dialer now.
  16.    #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Won't sprint recognize that as a number besides your pick 3 and you be charged for the minutes?

    Edit:
    I was using gdial pro and got a voicemail. I went to the internalz app and it had the choice to play. I clicked and it said would you like to stream or download, streaming would not work so I downloaded. I then winscp and changed the filename to voicemail.wav and went back to internalz and was able to listen to my google voice mail by clicking open.

    Thought this might help on the quest to listen to voicemails from gdial pro. If there was a script or something to rename it to a wav file we could listen to our voicemails, we all know the transcribed text is not the most accurate.
    Yeah, I had noticed that as well. Unfortunately, there is no Palm "approved" way to download at this time. I am still exploring this though as I know people want to be able to listen their voicemail as do I.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  17. #877  
    Hey guys,
    I am also having trouble not receiving any GV calls on my Pre. I believe it stopped working after the 1.1 update because I tried downgrading to 1.0.4 and I started getting my calls again. This issue has happened for weeks now and is really irritating. I love GDial Pro though. Any ideas?
  18. xtn
    xtn is offline
    xtn's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    Little lost..

    First what is webdial?

    Also when I use it normally it starts dialing over her voice prompts..

    What am i doing wrong??
    If it starts dialing before she finishes asking you to enter your pin, go back into gDialPro preferences and increase the time delay value to 3. This fixed it for me.

    xtn
  19.    #879  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am also having trouble not receiving any GV calls on my Pre. I believe it stopped working after the 1.1 update because I tried downgrading to 1.0.4 and I started getting my calls again. This issue has happened for weeks now and is really irritating. I love GDial Pro though. Any ideas?
    That is definitely weird. If you go setup a call on the Google Voice site itself, does it work? Or are you just not able to use Google Voice through gDial Pro?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  20.    #880  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    If it starts dialing before she finishes asking you to enter your pin, go back into gDialPro preferences and increase the time delay value to 3. This fixed it for me.

    xtn
    I would like to know if others are finding this a common problem? What delay is everyone using?

    I ended up able to use just a 1 delay, but I would like to know what works best for most users so I can properly default it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook

Posting Permissions