Page 43 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    See link on page 42 of this thread post #834.
    835 is better because i posted it and it offers a solution to getting gv without wait
    MatterOfFactJack
    nice I found it.... mobile webpage's xml is less complicated to read than the standard website's xml

https://www.google.com/voice/m/phones

check line 38 for google voice number
    <b class="ms3">(xxx) xxx-xxxx</b></div>
    check line 50 for mbbile phone number
    Mobile: (XXX) XXX-XXXX<br />
    --------BELOW ARE THINGS THAT CAN BE ADDED TO PREFERENCES----------

lines 48-?50ish of link above can set default phone to forward to if multiple phones exist
    <input type="hidden" name="phones" value="1"/>
    <input type="checkbox" name="ephones" value="1" checked="true"/>
    Mobile: (XXX) XXX-XXXX<br />
    </div>
    <div><input type="submit" value="Save"/></div>
    </form>
    check out https://www.google.com/voice/m/generalsettings for option to change the number presented to user for incomming google voice calls saw someone complaining in here about not being able to tell who incomming call was from kept saying "google voice" and was suggested turning on call screening... this is much cleaner and functional from user's & caller's perspective

lines 86-94
    <div class="s1"><b>Caller ID</b>
    <div style="padding: 2px 4px 4px;">
    <input type="radio" id="didOff" name="useDidAsCallerId" value="0" checked>
    <label for="didOff">Display caller's number</label><br />
    <input type="radio" id="didOn" name="useDidAsCallerId" value="1" >
    <label for="didOn">Display my Google Voice number</label><br />
    </div>
    <div><input type="submit" value="Save"/></div></form>
    do not disturb for straight to voicemail https://www.google.com/voice/m/donotdisturb lines 42-50 i use this alot while i'm at work
    <div class="c12"><b>Do Not Disturb</b>
    <form class="c14" method="post" action="/voice/m/savednd">
    <input type="hidden" name="_rnr_se" value="xxxxxxxxxUNIQUE VALUExxxxx="/>
    <div style="padding: 2px 4px 4px;">
    <input type="checkbox" id="doNotDisturb" name="doNotDisturb" value="1"/>
    <label for="doNotDisturb">Enable "Do Not Disturb"</label>
    </div>
    <div><input type="submit" value="Save"/></div>
    </form>
    thoughts: tie submit/save to simutaniously save to local cookie & submit to google/voice/m/settings form
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Please explain the option to "use web based dialing."
  4.    #844  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I asked already, but was never acknowledged.

Request: anyway to make gdial 7 digit dialing capable?
    This is something I could add at some point.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jlehrer View Post
    Please explain the option to "use web based dialing."
    If you go on your GV web interface on your computer, you select or enter a phone number and select which of your phones you want to use. It ring that particular phone of yours and then connect that to the phone# you are dialing. Remember, GV does not replace your phones, it just make all your phone lines work through GV, where all your other phone lines acts as dumb pipe lines.

In the same way, if you use "Web Based Dialing", first it dials your Cell phone and then the phone# you have entered or selected, GV number being the forwarding number. Am I clear?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    How would the gdial application place the call if you did NOT have web-based dialing enabled? In other words, what's the effect of having the setting on or off?

Thanks for your assistance!
    How would the gdial application place the call if you did NOT have web-based dialing enabled? In other words, what's the effect of having the setting on or off?

Thanks for your assistance!
    I precisely use that mode. In this, first it will dial your GV number, and you will hear voice mail instruction, the program keeps on feeding the number in the meantime - you will hear tone sounds, and finally it will announce that this is a free call if it is in Canada or USA or if it is international, it will announce particular rate and connect you that number.

If you remove the the PIN for the voicemail ( that you use if you want to use other phones to retrieve your voice messages), it will be a little faster as your program does not have to feed those 4 PIN numbers.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    1. It seems like the primary difference is that with web-based dialing ON, gvoice calls me before it connects to the called number. As you described, with web-based dialing OFF, the call goes straight through, but I can hear it interacting with the gvoice prompts, then dialing the number.

2. Do both modes use Sprint minutes the same way?

3. With Web-based dialing ON, it seems to show up in my Pre call log as a call to my gvoice number; with web-based dialing OFF, it shows up in the log as a call to the actual number that was called.

Seems like both modes have their strong points.

Thanks again for your help, bnaik.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    does this ap allow you to make calls over the internet from your phone?
    I would also like to know this? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by touser View Post
    I would also like to know this? Thanks!
    No, it does not. The calls are thru google's voice system, which only deals with existing phones. At this time there's no Google voice VOIP possible for us users, as there is with Skype for instance.

However, if you have a skype # (and some way of connecting to skype on the pre), you could map your google voice to that and then use the google voice interface (on the web page) to call your skype number. It'd be a bit klugey but it'd work, and you wouldn't get charged minutes.
    1. It seems like the primary difference is that with web-based dialing ON, gvoice calls me before it connects to the called number. As you described, with web-based dialing OFF, the call goes straight through, but I can hear it interacting with the gvoice prompts, then dialing the number.

3. With Web-based dialing ON, it seems to show up in my Pre call log as a call to my gvoice number; with web-based dialing OFF, it shows up in the log as a call to the actual number that was called.

Seems like both modes have their strong points.

Thanks again for your help, bnaik.
    1) Yep, that is basically how to 2 modes work.

2) Yes, both modes use up Sprint minutes.
    Follow Me On

Yes, both use the Sprint minutes same way. If you have PICK3 and you have chosen GV number as one of them, all outgoing calls would not use anytime minutes. For incoming calls with PICK3 with GV number one of them, if you choose (In GV setup) GV number display, you would not use any anytime minutes but if you choose to display the caller number (caller ID), you would use sprint anytime minutes during weekday during daytime. If I am wrong, hope someone will correct me.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I just checked and the Palm dialer does it, so I guess that is standard functionality although I had never known that was possible. I will put on the list to add. Shouldn't be too difficult.
    I apologize in advance if this has already been asked or addressed elsewhere. I just started using this app yesterday and don't have time to read thru all 40+ pages of this thread. Though I have skimmed thru a few random pages here and there, reading various posts, esp ones from the flpalm.

So anyway, after reading the above reply, I wanted to ask if you'd consider programming the Pre's full speed dial functionality into the gDial dialer? I use the single-letter push-and-hold shortcuts for several of the most-called people in my contacts, i.e. H for Home/Husband, D for Dad, S for Sister, T for (friend) Tina, etc. I realize there may be some people who don't use this functionality since they prefer not to have their keyboard open at all when using the dialer; however, since you can close it immediately after and use the on-screen dial pad for everything else once the call's connected, it's sort of a non-issue for me.

Anyway, great app and thanks for all the work you've put into developing it. I'd be happy to throw a couple bucks donation your way if you've got something set up to thank you for for all your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    Yes, both use the Sprint minutes same way. If you have PICK3 and you have chosen GV number as one of them, all outgoing calls would not use anytime minutes. For incoming calls with PICK3 with GV number one of them, if you choose (In GV setup) GV number display, you would not use any anytime minutes but if you choose to display the caller number (caller ID), you would use sprint anytime minutes during weekday during daytime. If I am wrong, hope someone will correct me.
    How can I get PICK3? Is it a grandfathered service? How much is it?
    Follow Me On

15.    #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by CheriePie View Post
    I apologize in advance if this has already been asked or addressed elsewhere. I just started using this app yesterday and don't have time to read thru all 40+ pages of this thread. Though I have skimmed thru a few random pages here and there, reading various posts, esp ones from the flpalm.

So anyway, after reading the above reply, I wanted to ask if you'd consider programming the Pre's full speed dial functionality into the gDial dialer? I use the single-letter push-and-hold shortcuts for several of the most-called people in my contacts, i.e. H for Home/Husband, D for Dad, S for Sister, T for (friend) Tina, etc. I realize there may be some people who don't use this functionality since they prefer not to have their keyboard open at all when using the dialer; however, since you can close it immediately after and use the on-screen dial pad for everything else once the call's connected, it's sort of a non-issue for me.

Anyway, great app and thanks for all the work you've put into developing it. I'd be happy to throw a couple bucks donation your way if you've got something set up to thank you for for all your hard work.
    I am going to add in speed dial at some point. I was just waiting on Palm approval before I tackle any major new changes so that the version they have is stable.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Originally posted by flpalm:
    I am going to add in speed dial at some point. I was just waiting on Palm approval before I tackle any major new changes so that the version they have is stable.
    Oh my goodness. You rock. The app that has become awesome will be unbelievable. I didn't even dream of asking for that change. Thank you so much.

I can't wait. I also use speed dial for my frequent contacts. Although, you provide a favorites button, this will speed up the process. When you initialize this function, I'll probably replace my phone button with gdialPro. Actually, I'm just move it now and start early.
    I have already replaced the phone button with gdialpro, especially since the new icon fits right in with my theme.

Edit: Is there any way you can make the vibration feedback stronger like with the phone app?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/06/2009 at 08:53 AM.
    Originally posted by mamouton:
    I have already replaced the phone button with gdialpro, especially since the new icon fits right in with my theme.
    Your desktop looks sick. Once you get everyone to use your GV #, there will be no need for the messenger icon. You'll be able to use gDialPro for both.

Have you checked out snippets? It will be a nice replacement when you get to that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Your desktop looks sick. Once you get everyone to use your GV #, there will be no need for the messenger icon. You'll be able to use gDialPro for both.

Have you checked out snippets? It will be a nice replacement when you get to that point.
    Not even. When you send an SMS via gDial Pro, the reply comes from a "406-xxx-xxxx" number. This number is different for every contact you text. All you gotta do is add that specific 406 number to their contact details.

Now everytime you use the official messaging app to text, SMS that contacts 406 number & it will send as if it were from your GV number. This is what I do.
    Follow Me On

Originally posted by Syphon:
    Not even. When you send an SMS via gDial Pro, the reply comes from a "406-xxx-xxxx" number. This number is different for every contact you text. All you gotta do is add that specific 406 number to their contact details.

Now everytime you use the official messaging app to text, SMS that contacts 406 number & it will send as if it were from your GV number. This is what I do.
    We'll that kills that idea. I tested by sending an sms to my husband. Thanks to the add button in gDialPro, I added the new reply # as a link for him. We'll see how it works.