Page 41 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #801  
    the history tab does not update in real time... ayway for you to place a "refresh" button for the history tab?
  2.    #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Are you referring to the number on the dialer to bring up the address book? If you are then this feature is not working.
    If you click in the area where the number would be at the top of the screen of the dialer and SMS, then it opens the address book. This also works after you have made a call. So say you call your friend at 555-1212 and now you want to call another, you can tap on the 555-1212 and it will bring up your address book to pick the next contact.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3.    #803  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    the history tab does not update in real time... ayway for you to place a "refresh" button for the history tab?
    I could probably add a button. Right now you can shake on the history tab for an update.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4. #804  
    Wow, didn't know there was a shake option....I think its kind of annoying having to shake it, a refresh button is easier.

    Also, is there anyway you can implement 7 digit dialing (no need for area code)?

    That would be a huge benefit as google voice requires 10 digit dialing
  5. #805  
    I have a few suggestions/bugs. Sorry for the big list.

    For phone numbers that have been labeled with "Other" in the contacts app, they appear in the gdial universal search as "2".

    When using universal search under the dialpad, if you click any number that pops up, it will immediately dial. Even if your are scrolling & accidentally tapped on a number. I think the program should send the number to the top of the dialpad without calling & the user will need to press the "send" button to execute.

    I also think that if you choose a number via universal search or by the contacts button, the number that appears on the top of the dialpad should be "Johnny (M)" instead of "5551234567". Same thing in the SMS screen. Or maybe have an option in the preferences that says "Show actual number on dialpad/SMS" or "Show full name on dialpad/SMS".

    In the SMS screen, the message entry box does not expand for large messages. It makes it hard to scroll up or down if you want to proofread the message (we would have to press orange+slide up/down).

    In addition to the character counter, can there be a count on # of messages? I know GV sends as 1 large message, but the person who receives it gets it broken into multiple ones. If I type a message with 340 charaters, next to the count maybe put "(3 msgs)".

    There is no other way to add a user to the favorites screen. As far as I can tell, we would have needed to contact that number first in order to see it in the history & then press the star. Maybe the "Favorites" tab should have a button (or make the word 'favorites' on the top clickable) to add an entry to it.

    Can the numbers in the favorites screen indicate what kind of # it is? (M for mobile, W for work, H for home, O for other)

    When you tap on an entry in the favorites screen, you get an option to "Call" or "Send SMS". There isn't a cancel button.

    In this history screen, it doesn't place the most recent item on the top. If I have a conversation with my bro & the item is all the way at the bottom, any new SMS's from that thread will stay at the bottom. I'm not sure if this is an app problem or a GV issue.

    That is all for now.
    Last edited by Syphon; 09/03/2009 at 08:13 PM.
    Follow Me On

  6. #806  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I have a few suggestions/bugs. Sorry for the big list.

    For phone numbers that have been labeled with "Other" in the contacts app, they appear in the gdial universal search as "2".

    When using universal search under the dialpad, if you click any number that pops up, it will immediately dial. Even if your are scrolling & accidentally tapped on a number. I think the program should send the number to the top of the dialpad without calling & the user will need to press the "send" button to execute.

    I also think that if you choose a number via universal search or by the contacts button, the number that appears on the top of the dialpad should be "Johnny (M)" instead of "5551234567". Same thing in the SMS screen. Or maybe have an option in the preferences that says "Show actual number on dialpad/SMS" or "Show full name on dialpad/SMS".

    In the SMS screen, the message entry box does not expand for large messages. It makes it hard to scroll up or down if you want to proofread the message (we would have to press orange+slide up/down).

    In addition to the character counter, can there be a count on # of messages? I know GV sends as 1 large message, but the person who receives it gets it broken into multiple ones. If I type a message with 340 charaters, next to the count maybe put "(3 msgs)".

    There is no other way to add a user to the favorites screen. As far as I can tell, we would have needed to contact that number first in order to see it in the history & then press the star. Maybe the "Favorites" tab should have a button (or make the word 'favorites' on the top clickable) to add an entry to it.

    Can the numbers in the favorites screen indicate what kind of # it is? (M for mobile, W for work, H for home, O for other)

    When you tap on an entry in the favorites screen, you get an option to "Call" or "Send SMS". There isn't a cancel button.

    In this history screen, it doesn't place the most recent item on the top. If I have a conversation with my bro & the item is all the way at the bottom, any new SMS's from that thread will stay at the bottom. I'm not sure if this is an app problem or a GV issue.

    That is all for now.
    Very good suggestions... I personally like the number showing not the name but it be nice to have the choice indeed. as for favorites sms/call i think back swipe will be cancel i dunno i have not yet used the favorites part of this app. These are great suggestions!
    MatterOfFactJack
  7.    #807  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I have a few suggestions/bugs. Sorry for the big list.

    For phone numbers that have been labeled with "Other" in the contacts app, they appear in the gdial universal search as "2".

    When using universal search under the dialpad, if you click any number that pops up, it will immediately dial. Even if your are scrolling & accidentally tapped on a number. I think the program should send the number to the top of the dialpad without calling & the user will need to press the "send" button to execute.

    I also think that if you choose a number via universal search or by the contacts button, the number that appears on the top of the dialpad should be "Johnny (M)" instead of "5551234567". Same thing in the SMS screen. Or maybe have an option in the preferences that says "Show actual number on dialpad/SMS" or "Show full name on dialpad/SMS".

    In the SMS screen, the message entry box does not expand for large messages. It makes it hard to scroll up or down if you want to proofread the message (we would have to press orange+slide up/down).

    In addition to the character counter, can there be a count on # of messages? I know GV sends as 1 large message, but the person who receives it gets it broken into multiple ones. If I type a message with 340 charaters, next to the count maybe put "(3 msgs)".

    There is no other way to add a user to the favorites screen. As far as I can tell, we would have needed to contact that number first in order to see it in the history & then press the star. Maybe the "Favorites" tab should have a button (or make the word 'favorites' on the top clickable) to add an entry to it.

    Can the numbers in the favorites screen indicate what kind of # it is? (M for mobile, W for work, H for home, O for other)

    When you tap on an entry in the favorites screen, you get an option to "Call" or "Send SMS". There isn't a cancel button.

    In this history screen, it doesn't place the most recent item on the top. If I have a conversation with my bro & the item is all the way at the bottom, any new SMS's from that thread will stay at the bottom. I'm not sure if this is an app problem or a GV issue.

    That is all for now.
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. Feedback on how to make it better is always good. Hopefully I can get some of these implemented in future versions.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  8. #808  
    When you tap on an entry in the favorites screen, you get an option to "Call" or "Send SMS". There isn't a cancel button.
    I confirm that back-swipe works the same as cancel. Learning something new everyday!!! Thanks Jack87. And special thanks to Syphon for really good suggestions.
  9. darmood's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #809  
    flpalm for me when I try to send a sms it is not allowing me to input a new number it will callup my contacts but not new?
  10. #810  
    Quote Originally Posted by darmood View Post
    flpalm for me when I try to send a sms it is not allowing me to input a new number it will callup my contacts but not new?
    very ture... the way to get around this is after you press your first number tap orange twice then continue to enter the rest of the phone number you are trying to call. also the case when you are manually entering a number in the dialer part using keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    I confirm that back-swipe works the same as cancel. Learning something new everyday!!! Thanks Jack87. And special thanks to Syphon for really good suggestions.
    Thank you for confirming my hunch
    MatterOfFactJack
  11. #811  
    any chance of getting the voicemails to playback in the app (a la visualvoicemail)? this would be the key feature for me. thanks.
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
  12. #812  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    In the SMS screen, the message entry box does not expand for large messages. It makes it hard to scroll up or down if you want to proofread the message (we would have to press orange+slide up/down).
    If I remember correctly this is how the palm messaging app reacts as well. Maybe a patch in the future to anyone who is reading this?
  13. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #813  
    Just asking? I don't know if this would have to be a separate app or could be part of your already great app.

    On incoming GV calls that show your GV # (in settings can be set) could there be a pop up window to bring up the presentation options?

    Example 1 for take call 2 listin in the voice mail 4 the record

    Thus no searching for the dial pad button etc
  14. #814  
    I just added a photo for 'Home" and it is showing up in the Pre contacts but not the gDial contacts or favorites screen. Just an FYI!

    Version: v0.6.6
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  15. mscemt's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #815  
    I agree with a previous post, I'm not super keen on shaking my precious pre. I think a refresh button would be a better fit. Also shaking the phone to refresh doesn't seem overly obvious. As in to say the passive user may not be aware of the feature.

    Other than that I really do like this program, it occupies 1 of my 4 quick launch spots. Sorry that all these posts seem so negative, though these forums are probably the best place to get some beta testing done before the official app catalog.
  16.    #816  
    I don't take any posts as anything other than people who like the app and want to make it better. I try to incorporate in as many features as are possible, so don't worry keep the suggestions coming.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  17.    #817  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    very ture... the way to get around this is after you press your first number tap orange twice then continue to enter the rest of the phone number you are trying to call. also the case when you are manually entering a number in the dialer part using keyboard



    Thank you for confirming my hunch
    You actually don't even need to push the orange on this. Just press the keys with the numbers on them and it will always have the phone number as the first result in the search.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  18. #818  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    You actually don't even need to push the orange on this. Just press the keys with the numbers on them and it will always have the phone number as the first result in the search.
    Strange, I thought this worked this way but now, on version 0.6.6, dialing numbers on the keypad only does a textual search and doesn't show the 10 numbers I just punched in.

    EDIT: I'm in area code 904, as soon as I press 0 (or @) the number goes away. If I don't press the 0 (or @) the numbers stay. Seems that pressing 0 (or @) at any time during numeric entry on the keyboard causes the numbers to go away.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/04/2009 at 10:26 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  19.    #819  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Strange, I thought this worked this way but now, on version 0.6.6, dialing numbers on the keypad only does a textual search and doesn't show the 10 numbers I just punched in.

    EDIT: I'm in area code 904, as soon as I press 0 (or @) the number goes away. If I don't press the 0 (or @) the numbers stay. Seems that pressing 0 (or @) at any time during numeric entry on the keyboard causes the numbers to go away.
    That is really odd as I am running 0.6.6 on my phone and I can either enter the numbers by holding orange or just typing the letters that the numbers are on.

    For example, I get the number 123 as my top search when I type:

    '123'
    'ert'
    'ERT'

    Does that not happen for you?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  20.    #820  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Strange, I thought this worked this way but now, on version 0.6.6, dialing numbers on the keypad only does a textual search and doesn't show the 10 numbers I just punched in.

    EDIT: I'm in area code 904, as soon as I press 0 (or @) the number goes away. If I don't press the 0 (or @) the numbers stay. Seems that pressing 0 (or @) at any time during numeric entry on the keyboard causes the numbers to go away.
    I replied before I saw your edit. I will get that fixed in the next version.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook

Posting Permissions