Page 40 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Can someone send me an invite so I can get a GV number so I can use this app?
  2.    #782  
    Quote Originally Posted by dougel View Post
    A feature request. In the same way that holding down 1 gets you to your voicemail, could you assign a favorite to one of the other numbers on the keypad? Example: Holding down 2 calls the wife who is already listed as a favorite.

It would be a couple less touches for those common calls.

Again just repeating the thank you for the development. This app has made the pre and google voice a 100 times more valuable.
    Yep, will add this as someone else had recommended it too and it would make stuff much faster like you said.

Unfortunately my development was slowed down a little bit to create a special version for Palm to release. Should be able to get back to tackling these new features again.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by NaS View Post
    Can someone send me an invite so I can get a GV number so I can use this app?
    Seriously????
    Go back one page in this thread (which you obviously didn't read) to find your answer.

or how about: http://tinyurl.com/l7wtez

If that's still too hard, then: "Hey NaS, you should join Google Voice."

All in good fun.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/02/2009 at 06:53 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Is your Palm running OS 1.1?
    yes
  5.    #785  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    yes
    Okay, I was able to replicate the issue and should be able to fix it, thanks.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    flpalm, because of your awesome app & the progress it has made, I have gone & told everyone to contact me via the GV #. =]

Thank you for your constant support & updating of the app!
    Follow Me On

I think I have a pretty great idea for another feature on this wonderful wonderful app.

I'm a grad student and work in an office at a university that I share with another person- there is no secretary. I have GV set to ring the shared phone during my normal office hours.

However, there are times during normal office hours that I am not in my office (class, lunch, etc).

I don't want the office phone to ring for my personal calls when I am not in my office, as that could be confusing for my office mate and for me ("uhhh.. hello? is ricky there? i thought this was his cell number?" etc etc).

To prevent this problem, it is currently a simple matter of keeping the web browser open and deselecting the office phone when I leave, and selecting it again when I come back.

However, it would be much easier if the gps in my Pre could do this automatically; that is, when I am in my office location, the office phone is selected as active, but when I leave the office, it becomes inactive.

This solves my particular problem, but I think this would be a potentially useful feature for a lot of folks. Of course it would also be important to be able to turn off the app's gps functionality altogether if you wish, so preserve battery life.

What do you all think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    I think I have a pretty great idea for another feature on this wonderful wonderful app.

I'm a grad student and work in an office at a university that I share with another person- there is no secretary. I have GV set to ring the shared phone during my normal office hours.

However, there are times during normal office hours that I am not in my office (class, lunch, etc).

I don't want the office phone to ring for my personal calls when I am not in my office, as that could be confusing for my office mate and for me ("uhhh.. hello? is ricky there? i thought this was his cell number?" etc etc).

To prevent this problem, it is currently a simple matter of keeping the web browser open and deselecting the office phone when I leave, and selecting it again when I come back.

However, it would be much easier if the gps in my Pre could do this automatically; that is, when I am in my office location, the office phone is selected as active, but when I leave the office, it becomes inactive.

This solves my particular problem, but I think this would be a potentially useful feature for a lot of folks. Of course it would also be important to be able to turn off the app's gps functionality altogether if you wish, so preserve battery life.

What do you all think?
    Oh yes please. This would be an awesome feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    Oh yes please. This would be an awesome feature.
    Since this involves changing GV Setup, I do not think it is possible until Google releases API. What does Flpalm say? It would be nice if GV setup can interact with clock (time) and GPS!
  10.    #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    Since this involves changing GV Setup, I do not think it is possible until Google releases API. What does Flpalm say? It would be nice if GV setup can interact with clock (time) and GPS!
    Yes, this would probably be a ways off given the lack of API from Google.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I think I have found a bug but am unsure and not able to test it just yet. Anyway, when I opened gDial Pro it notified me that I had 4 new items. I clicked on the notification and it took me to the third button which has the notepad of some sort (don't know how else to describe it). It loaded up the list of all of the items but the phone icon (first icon) still stayed highlighted like I was on the phone dialer page. I could still click the phone icon and it took me back to phone dialer page and everything was working like normal. I would envision the highlight to change to the third button when I clicked on the notification of 4 new items.

Anyway, small bug, just wanted to mention it. FYI, I clicked on the notification as soon as I saw it.
  12.    #792  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I think I have found a bug but am unsure and not able to test it just yet. Anyway, when I opened gDial Pro it notified me that I had 4 new items. I clicked on the notification and it took me to the third button which has the notepad of some sort (don't know how else to describe it). It loaded up the list of all of the items but the phone icon (first icon) still stayed highlighted like I was on the phone dialer page. I could still click the phone icon and it took me back to phone dialer page and everything was working like normal. I would envision the highlight to change to the third button when I clicked on the notification of 4 new items.

Anyway, small bug, just wanted to mention it. FYI, I clicked on the notification as soon as I saw it.
    Yep, that's a bug. Thanks for the report. I will get it fixed.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Somehow my contact names are getting disconnected from my numbers. When looking at my history, I no longer see contact names by the times. It started happening after the last update. Also, when I type to find the disconnected contacts to make a call or send an sms, they don't come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    Here is an example I stitched together of what I talking about.

Original Version

Updated Version
    I like this suggestion. The mockup screen looks great.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    For some reason, the app stopped working on my Pre since yesterday.

when I dial a number, I get the message "web dial successful" at the bottom but then I dont get a incoming call from my GV number. The number I am calling to, rings a few times even without an incoming call on my Pre, while nothing happens many a times.

I tested it by calling my home phone number from gdial.

This started yesterday, before that everything was normal.
  16.    #796  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    For some reason, the app stopped working on my Pre since yesterday.

when I dial a number, I get the message "web dial successful" at the bottom but then I dont get a incoming call from my GV number. The number I am calling to, rings a few times even without an incoming call on my Pre, while nothing happens many a times.

I tested it by calling my home phone number from gdial.

This started yesterday, before that everything was normal.
    Someone else had this issue and just had to go in to the preferences and re-enter their login info.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Someone else had this issue and just had to go in to the preferences and re-enter their login info.
    I dont think it's to do with gdial. I am not getting any incoming calls on my Pre.
    I tried calling from my home phone...and sometimes it goes directly to my voicemail, sometimes the call disconnects after one ring.

Outgoing calls from Pre seems to be working fine.
    Damn this app is awesome! New icon looks great too!
  19.    #799  
    v0.6.6
    -Notification when your username/password are incorrect
    -Tapping the number area will open the address book as well as clicking the address book
    -You can now type actual digits in the universal search
    -Cleaned up the detail screen to provide more room for SMS and Voicemail (Thanks peterweb)
    -Fixed issue with universal search sometimes overwriting screen improperly
    -Fix for wrong command button showing as pressed when opened from notification
    -Fix for favorites being added even when cancelled
    Become a fan on Facebook
    v0.6.6
    -Notification when your username/password are incorrect
    -Tapping the number area will open the address book as well as clicking the address book
    -You can now type actual digits in the universal search
    -Cleaned up the detail screen to provide more room for SMS and Voicemail (Thanks peterweb)
    -Fixed issue with universal search sometimes overwriting screen improperly
    -Fix for wrong command button showing as pressed when opened from notification
    -Fix for favorites being added even when cancelled

Are you referring to the number on the dialer to bring up the address book? If you are then this feature is not working.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY