Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Wow...Nice app...Just made my first VOICE Call over WIFI...

Good Stuff...

Update I thought it worked over WIFI, it had turned off aiplane mode, so I guess it wass still over cell phone network, can we have this work over WIFI?

Mark
    Last edited by CaliMark; 07/30/2009 at 11:20 PM.
    Well thanks to Jack87 i managed to get pick 3 on my account. Adde google voice as one of the numbers.

I know in order for it to work you have to set it to display your google voice number only so that the sprint network can recognise it. But, I make calls throughout the day and I rather have the ability to call out for free.

So i am covered with outgoing not so much on incoming besides the other 2 numbers
    i registered.

When I am home i use gizmo5 to accept all calls so i talk free.

Google voice is just awesome. Had the service for 2 years did not see much use for it so i never did until this year. Now everybody have my google voice number.

It came in handy when i transferred from ATT and all i had to do was update my google voice with my new sprint number. NOBODY HAVE MY SPRINT NUMBER because they dont need it. ALL CALLS GETS ROUTED FROM GV TO MY NEW NUMBER.

Thanks Jack87
    I am glad i can help i have been doing it with skype for about a month now and now with my GV i am much better off.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I guess i had a brain fart is this like skype?
    I was told something very interesting this morning as I added Pick 3 to my account. The CS rep stated that this only works on outgoing calls to the numbers that you pick and NOT incoming. Is this true, has anyone else heard different?
    For those looking to leverage your GV number with your sprint account, you can add on Spint to home for $5 a month. As I understand it, calls to and from that number do not count against your minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khidr View Post
    dkotoric1 - it integrates with your contacts so you can dial out through google voice by pressing maybe 2 buttons, instead of dialing your gvoice number, entering your pin, pressing 2, and then dialing by hand the number you wanted to dial. It similarly consolidates sms'ing through gvoice, and it gives you a single place to get your call history, messages and voicemails without having to separately launch a browser and log into your account.

Pretty much all of those steps would be more time-consuming without the app.
    I see, I was just wondering, great to see a bunch of apps coming, never used google voice so just not familiar with it.
    Thanks
    Suggestion~

Any chance you could make the message field for sms messages bigger so we can see the whole message we are typing?

Is there more you can do with the history scene? The header on the top of the scene says "all calls", however the scene is showing me sms msgs and calls. Could you seperate them out?
    Are you able to have the history page show the actual contact that we called, sms'ed if they are in our contacts list?

It is interesting how you and DK are writing an GV app. Would you 2 think to work together on this sort of project and mix the best of both apps?

BTW great work so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    My Pick 3 story, also posted in dolphins thread:

I got Pick 3 added for free to my service yesterday with no problems.
    Called Telesales at (800)777-4681 (because the regular CS reps don't know about it). Told them I recently switched plans and was told that I can get Pick 3 for free on my account, and to call this number when I had the phone numbers I wanted to be in my Pick 3. The nice lady said okay, I can do that for you. Put me on hold for maybe a minute, then came back and got the numbers from me I wanted to be in my Pick 3 list (one of which was my GV number of course). End of call basically, besides the usual "anything else I can help you with today."

Appreciate that idea and I will def call to add this to my plan.

Not sure this would address my problem though. My Sprint number is the number I've had for years. The other day I had all calls to my Sprint number forwarded to GVoice, then GVoice would forward calls to all my phones/devices. This way, ppl who already know me by my normal cell number don't have to call my GVoice number in order to go through GVoice, which is nice cuz I get all the advantages of GVoice (custom greetings for callers, different phones ring at different times of day, etc...) w/o ppl having to relearn a new phone number for me. Problem is, it costs .20cents/min to have Sprint forward your calls to a different number, and I imagine this would be the case even if it was one of your MyCircle numbers.

One last thing -- I'm sure there's a better thread for this type of discussion about Sprint and their plans, is there one on PreCentral? Sorry again for off topic discourse, flpalm, great app tho!
    This might sound dumb, especially coming in 2009...BUT

What is GVoice really and whats the benefits (reason for using) compared to using the cellphone the normal way and calling people being that the Pre imports all contacts anyways.

Just kinda confused as to what this really is.
    Thanks in advance for putting up with my dumbness.
    I must be the only one that SMS does not work. I tap "SMS", get my contact from "load contact", key message, and tap send. It immediately takes me to the DIAL screen. SMS is not sent. gDial Pro v0.2.1. I have setup the GV dial preference. Any help would be appreciated.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I must be the only one that SMS does not work. I tap "SMS", get my contact from "load contact", key message, and tap send. It immediately takes me to the DIAL screen. SMS is not sent. gDial Pro v0.2.1. I have setup the GV dial preference. Any help would be appreciated.
    The SMS was being sent, the app just didn't play nice and let you know that it was sent. I have released a new version 0.2.2 which fixes that and also adds in web dialing which a lot of people asked for.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post

What is GVoice really and whats the benefits (reason for using) compared to using the cellphone the normal way and calling people being that the Pre imports all contacts anyways.

This works great, thanks.

As for what google voice is. It allows you to have 1 forever number. This is the number you should be giving out to your friends and family. If you go from sprint to att or verizon usually your number changes. Your google voice number can "sync" to all these numbers, regardless of what your real number is but your contacts will always know your google number.

Beyond doing that, it can sync with your home phone number and cell. So if you're at home and want to use your unlimited land line then you answer from there.

What's cool is that it also works like email. Say this one number 555-555-5555 keeps calling. I can go to my google voice site and put that message as spam. I will never see that number calling me again. Google voice will mark it as spam so I never see it. Pretty neat. Also google voice can record conversations so thats pretty nifty too.

Hope that little information can help you realize how great google voice is.
    not sure what version I have... when I touch the top left corner of the screen help is greyed out. I love the app though.
    one way to find out what version you are running is to click like you are going to delete the app... and it will tell you.
    Yay! SMS works on this one. Dolphin King's version SMS doesnt work for me. Glad this one does.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    The SMS was being sent, the app just didn't play nice and let you know that it was sent. I have released a new version 0.2.2 which fixes that and also adds in web dialing which a lot of people asked for.
    I am sending the SMS to my cell number, and I never receive it. I will try the new version.
    I tried v.0.2.2, same thing no SMS. I get the message sent, but it never arrives. I tried dialing a phone number thinking maybe my GV phone in preferences was incorrect. Dialed perfectly. Everything looks good, but SMS is not received.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post

Google Voice

Google Voice - What Is Google Voice

Here are some links I found helpful. I've GV for years now and I love it. Having this app makes me love it even because it makes it easier to use.