36 Global Posts
    love the new icon!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    can somebody invite me so i can start using google voice

edbtzy@gmail.com

will be greatly appreciated
    users can't invite other users. that is how Gmail worked but not GV. to get GV you have to sign up at the GV page and wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    It sounds like maybe you have entered your home phone number as your Google Voice number? Normally when you hit dial it will go to the native dialer and you will see it connecting to your Google Voice number at the top. Then you will hear a voice prompting for PIN and it will enter your PIN, the number to dial, etc and then you should hear it say, "This is a free call" and then it rings whatever number you dialed.

Or......it might be that you don't have your cell number registered with your Google Voice account?
    Thanks!!! it was that I did not have my cell registered

edbtzy@gmail.com

here is a signup link

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

Good Luck
    Is there a way to send texts to multiple people at once using gdial pro? In the regular messaging program you can just punch in names and select them to send to multiple parties. Gdial pro right now doesn't seem to allow this.
    flpalm I love the new icon. You really pay attention to the forum and implement suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    flpalm I love the new icon. You really pay attention to the forum and implement suggestions.
    I have updated the App to 0.6.5 but still it does not update to new icon. Do you I have to do something special to update to new icon? thanks.
    I found a bug. When you click the star to add a favorite, and swipe back to cancel, it is still added as a favorite. Also, occasionally the bottom radio buttons don't show up in the history view. The only way to get out of that view is to close the app and reopen.

edbtzy@gmail.com

What I have found so far that the best of getting GV is to buy it from ebay. It will cost you less than a dollar and you will get it within minutes.

google voice invite, great deals on Computers Networking, Specialty Services on eBay!

I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    I found a bug. When you click the star to add a favorite, and swipe back to cancel, it is still added as a favorite.
    This sounds more like the Palm feature of not having to specify you want to save stuff, it just happens. You reached a point in the process where your action was automatically saved. The back swipe is not a cancel in this situation.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    I have updated the App to 0.6.5 but still it does not update to new icon. Do you I have to do something special to update to new icon? thanks.
    You can always reboot or stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr. Mines installed and updated the icon with no problem.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    First...many thanks for this great app!

I've read all 26 pages in this thread, and haven't found a resolution to a problem(?) I'm experiencing. If it has been addressed, please forgive me.

When attempting to send an SMS, I can't manually enter a number...I can only send a text to someone who is in my Contacts. I read an earlier post that indicated that if I entered the phone number in Universal Search that I could then enter the number in the "To" field in SMS, but it is not working for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I sent an SMS to my GV number, and the message arrived, but only after a delay of approx. 10 minutes. Normal?
  14.    #774  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    I found a bug. When you click the star to add a favorite, and swipe back to cancel, it is still added as a favorite. Also, occasionally the bottom radio buttons don't show up in the history view. The only way to get out of that view is to close the app and reopen.
    Is your Palm running OS 1.1?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  15.    #775  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post

I've read all 26 pages in this thread, and haven't found a resolution to a problem(?) I'm experiencing. If it has been addressed, please forgive me.

When attempting to send an SMS, I can't manually enter a number...I can only send a text to someone who is in my Contacts. I read an earlier post that indicated that if I entered the phone number in Universal Search that I could then enter the number in the "To" field in SMS, but it is not working for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I sent an SMS to my GV number, and the message arrived, but only after a delay of approx. 10 minutes. Normal?
    Just type the number on your key pad and it will show up as the first result in the search and you can select it to pick that number
    Become a fan on Facebook
  16.    #776  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post

After I replied, I realized that it might be that you actually type the numbers on the keypad. Sorry, just type the letters where the numbers are and it translates them to the numbers so that you don't have to push the orange key.

I will add to my fix list though to make it work as well if you actually use the orange key and type numbers.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Just type the number on your key pad and it will show up as the first result in the search and you can select it to pick that number
    Got it. Many thanks.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    I have found that if you have the Icon in your Quick Launch, it does not change -if you move it back onto the Launcher it changes.

Can we get an update to keep the new icon on the Quick Launch? Thanks for a GREAT app!!!
    A feature request. In the same way that holding down 1 gets you to your voicemail, could you assign a favorite to one of the other numbers on the keypad? Example: Holding down 2 calls the wife who is already listed as a favorite.

It would be a couple less touches for those common calls.

Again just repeating the thank you for the development. This app has made the pre and google voice a 100 times more valuable.
    I can verify a reboot replaces the quick launch icon with the updated art.