Page 38 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I can't get any application to play a Google Voice message from the phone without calling in. Is this possible? From the google voice mobile site, I get an error message. I was able to do this from blackberry and iphone. Is there a way to play messages from the Palm Pre without calling in?
    Quote Originally Posted by laphotoparty View Post
    I can't get any application to play a Google Voice message from the phone without calling in. Is this possible? From the google voice mobile site, I get an error message. I was able to do this from blackberry and iphone. Is there a way to play messages from the Palm Pre without calling in?
    Google makes the Google Voice applications for the iPhone and Blackberry and they use tools that they haven't made available yet to other people to use in their applications.

Google Voice mobile website uses adobe flash to play voicemails. The Palm Pre doesn't support flash yet but word on the street is that it's comming sometime in 09'
  3.    #743  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    Google makes the Google Voice applications for the iPhone and Blackberry and they use tools that they haven't made available yet to other people to use in their applications.

Google Voice mobile website uses adobe flash to play voicemails. The Palm Pre doesn't support flash yet but word on the street is that it's comming sometime in 09'
    The Google Voice mobile website even has an mp3 link which the Palm Pre should be able to play, but it is not able to. It appears to be some problem with the media player on the Pre and whatever format the MP3 is encoded in.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    The Google Voice mobile website even has an mp3 link which the Palm Pre should be able to play, but it is not able to. It appears to be some problem with the media player on the Pre and whatever format the MP3 is encoded in.
    I wonder if people who have applied this hack can play it? I have not so I do not know but I was just curious if this would work. My guess is no but if anyone that has applied it wants to try, I wouldn't be opposed to listening to the results.
  5.    #745  
    v0.6.5
    -Skipped ahead a few minor point releases in prep for app catalog
    -New icons to better match the look and feel of the app
    -Fixed misaligned highlighting on dial presses
    -Audio feedback option for notifications
    -Fixed redial to work more like Palm dialer
    -Added 30 minute and 1 hour notification intervals
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I just downloaded the update and am unable to make calls using web dial. Any ideas?

update - nevermind, i just reset my phone and works like a charm. Thanks for the great app.
    Last edited by RandyABQNM; 09/01/2009 at 01:41 PM.
  7.    #747  
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyABQNM View Post
    I just downloaded the update and am unable to make calls using web dial. Any ideas?
    Please check all your login info in the preferences to make sure it is correct.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I see the updated icon in the homebrew gallery, but not in my launcher?
  9.    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    I see the updated icon in the homebrew gallery, but not in my launcher?
    Yeah it is something weird with the Pre, not sure if it might update on reboot, but I know I had to delete and then redownload for it to show the new icon.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    After restarting, the new icon showed up for me in quick launch.
    I have posted many times on this and this is the first real response I have ever gotten. Thank you! This is the most important function of google voice and it isn't working on the Pre. Is anybody working on this. When I play from blackberry or iphone it is not flash but rather an mp3 file that plays in the phones audio player. This works on the google voice mobile site without an application on the phone.

Is there any way to make this work on the pre? Does the hack that the other user mentioned help this?

Thanks!

Brian
  12.    #752  
    Quote Originally Posted by laphotoparty View Post
    I have posted many times on this and this is the first real response I have ever gotten. Thank you! This is the most important function of google voice and it isn't working on the Pre. Is anybody working on this. When I play from blackberry or iphone it is not flash but rather an mp3 file that plays in the phones audio player. This works on the google voice mobile site without an application on the phone.

Is there any way to make this work on the pre? Does the hack that the other user mentioned help this?

Thanks!

Brian
    Unfortunately that hack won't work as it is a core issue with the media player on the Pre. I would guess they fix it in a future webOS update. Not sure if anyone from webos-internals has taken a look into what is causing it.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Unfortunately that hack won't work as it is a core issue with the media player on the Pre. I would guess they fix it in a future webOS update. Not sure if anyone from webos-internals has taken a look into what is causing it.
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    Any idea when we should expect an update? Do they notify us in some way when updates are available?

Thanks!
    brian
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Love the new icon!
    Your app is great, I love it and use it everyday.
    I would like to have the option to turn the notification feature off completely.
    Thanks again, you have the best app on the PRE.
    Is there any way to add to your app, a "roam only" option for those times when our sprint signal just sucks? if you had that, I think I would use your app as my sole dialer. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Love the new icon!
    +1
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

18.    #758  
    Quote Originally Posted by thenext44 View Post
    Your app is great, I love it and use it everyday.
    I would like to have the option to turn the notification feature off completely.
    Thanks again, you have the best app on the PRE.
    You can set the notification to manual and then it will only run on initial load of the program and when viewing the detail of an item. But with manual set, you can close it and it doesn't check or run anything until it is reopened. Same thing if it is open and left on the dialer, or SMS, etc.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I feel like I am doing something wrong.... I could never get this to work... every time I call my house number via the gDail Pro it always shows up as my cell number.

I have entered my info into the preferences (my gvoice number, my pin, delay "2" my gvoice login/password, web based dial off, my cell.....under advanced manual, everything is set to off.

on the first icon (the phone on the let is where I enter my home number, then I tap the phone icon at the bottom of the dial pad which bring up the pre's dialer. it starts ringing and while its ringing I hear a tone which sounds like more numbers are being presses/entered. My home phone rings , but show up as my cell number.

Any help?

Thanks
  20.    #760  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    I feel like I am doing something wrong.... I could never get this to work... every time I call my house number via the gDail Pro it always shows up as my cell number.

I have entered my info into the preferences (my gvoice number, my pin, delay "2" my gvoice login/password, web based dial off, my cell.....under advanced manual, everything is set to off.

on the first icon (the phone on the let is where I enter my home number, then I tap the phone icon at the bottom of the dial pad which bring up the pre's dialer. it starts ringing and while its ringing I hear a tone which sounds like more numbers are being presses/entered. My home phone rings , but show up as my cell number.

Any help?

Thanks
    It sounds like maybe you have entered your home phone number as your Google Voice number? Normally when you hit dial it will go to the native dialer and you will see it connecting to your Google Voice number at the top. Then you will hear a voice prompting for PIN and it will enter your PIN, the number to dial, etc and then you should hear it say, "This is a free call" and then it rings whatever number you dialed.

Or......it might be that you don't have your cell number registered with your Google Voice account?
    Become a fan on Facebook