Page 37 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    >>Also, I need some special beta testers for an upcoming version, but the one requirement is that most of your contacts are Google Contacts that you sync to your Pre.

I would qualify for that. All of my contacts are pulled from google.
    Question: I have my google number fwding to my cell. Whenever i receive a txt from someone via google voice number.. while in gdial pro, in addition to the txt i receive there i receive a duplicate txt thru my normal number txt messaging as well.. is this normal? is there a way so that these dont duplicate?
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    but I know some people like to dial into their GV number as they have the unlimited pick3 or what not
    It seems that both incoming and outgoing calls to Pick 3 numbers are free. I need to check with Sprint and I'll post again when I have more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by christefano View Post
    It seems that both incoming and outgoing calls to Pick 3 numbers are free. I need to check with Sprint and I'll post again when I have more info.

Outgoing call it is automatically free if you have Pick 3
    Incoming call it is ONLY free w/ PICK 3 if you have it set on the settings so that the Caller ID shows the Google Voice Number
    (the only downside is that you dont know whos calling via Caller iD)
    google voice users: are you storing on your phones... your contacts original cell phone number as well as the 406 number thats given when you txt them?

also.. which one are you replying to... or is there not really a big difference? (confusing)
  6.    #726  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    It shows up after I updated my WebOS to 1.1. I had to exchange the phone and the new phone had earlier version of WebOS. It looks good. Practically everything is in order. Thanks.
    Oh yeah, that would do it. It definitely requires webOS 1.1
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  7.    #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by wootang00 View Post
    Question: I have my google number fwding to my cell. Whenever i receive a txt from someone via google voice number.. while in gdial pro, in addition to the txt i receive there i receive a duplicate txt thru my normal number txt messaging as well.. is this normal? is there a way so that these dont duplicate?
    Yeah, everyone seems to use Google Voice a bit differently. I have mine setup to forward the texts to my phone, and then I just reply within the native Pre messaging client. gDial will still alert me of new history items when I send or receive items, but that is only while it is running and I can easily just ignore the alert. All you have to do is set the update check interval to manual and that way you won't receive any notifications from gDial when it is not running.

Other people don't have their GV number setup to forward texts to their phone and so they need gDial to poll for text messages,etc.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Incoming call it is ONLY free w/ PICK 3 if you have it set on the settings so that the Caller ID shows the Google Voice Number
    As a substitute to caller ID, you may setup your GV to screen the call, in which caller has to announce the name, hearing that you decide whether to answer the call.
    Thanks for the information. That will help everyone here to setup GV correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by christefano View Post
    I will rather check my next itemized calls in the next bill then to check with Sprint directly. I am afraid, when they find this out, we will certainly lose pick 3 !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Yeah, everyone seems to use Google Voice a bit differently. I have mine setup to forward the texts to my phone, and then I just reply within the native Pre messaging client. gDial will still alert me of new history items when I send or receive items, but that is only while it is running and I can easily just ignore the alert. All you have to do is set the update check interval to manual and that way you won't receive any notifications from gDial when it is not running.

Other people don't have their GV number setup to forward texts to their phone and so they need gDial to poll for text messages,etc.
    So that means you save their original number as well as the 406 number to their contacts correct? Because if you want the receiver to see your gv number on the response you need to send to the 406 number correct? And the way you use it.. In essence its just for calls then right?
  12.    #732  
    So that means you save their original number as well as the 406 number to their contacts correct? Because if you want the receiver to see your gv number on the response you need to send to the 406 number correct? And the way you use it.. In essence its just for calls then right?
    Yep, I mainly use gDial to dial out and also to SMS a contact the first time.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I am currentlt using 0.57 and its very stable.

Should I upgrade?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    So, using the fav3/5 thing, that means need to setup gvoice to call you using your gvoice # in the caller ID, right? Means, you won't get the caller id of the original caller. Is this one of the 'trade-off' thing, or am I missing something here? Thanks.
  15.    #735  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I am currentlt using 0.57 and its very stable.

Should I upgrade?
    If you upgrade to 0.6.1 and have trouble, you can always email me natebiz@gmail.com or PM me and I can email you a copy of 0.5.7 to reinstall.
    Become a fan on Facebook

This is exctly what I do.

I use the built in SMS app is wonderful. And I add the 406 number to every contact. It simplifies everything for me. I can use the built in dialer to make calls, use e built in sms for texts and everything shows as my google voice number.

I use gdial pro for everything else..next text messages, phone calls to companies or whoever is not on my phonebook etc.
    Between 7:00am-6:00pm i strictly use gdial and i dont use any of my minutes.

Plus have the fav 3 with sprint so all calls from my gvoice number are free.
    Checked with Sprint and calls to and from the Pick 3 numbers are indeed free. I also learned that they were billing me for four calling plans used by just 2 phones, so it was good that I called.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    This is exctly what I do.

I use the built in SMS app is wonderful. And I add the 406 number to every contact. It simplifies everything for me. I can use the built in dialer to make calls, use e built in sms for texts and everything shows as my google voice number.

I use gdial pro for everything else..next text messages, phone calls to companies or whoever is not on my phonebook etc.
    Between 7:00am-6:00pm i strictly use gdial and i dont use any of my minutes.

Plus have the fav 3 with sprint so all calls from my gvoice number are free.
    During nights and weekends, I use the native phone dialer to call the 406 numbers. It shows up as my GV number on the other person's caller ID. This allows me to utilize the universal search for much quicker dialing.
    It is not clear to me, how one can call from native dialer and still the receiver will see the caller's GV number. Will someone please explain this step by step to this neophyte? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    It is not clear to me, how one can call from native dialer and still the receiver will see the caller's GV number. Will someone please explain this step by step to this neophyte? Thanks.
    alrighty quick and dirty. Mind you this is all done leaving sms forwarding on within google voice settings.

Caller A is you and you have google voice.
    Caller B does not have google voice only goes through a normal carrier.
    Caller A sends a sms to caller B from Google voice sms.
    Caller B sees sms from caller A's google voice number and replies.
    Caller A sees sms from caller B as a new 406-xxx-xxxx number in normal sms.
    Caller A replys to 406 number from normal carriers sms and gets caller B.
    Caller B sees sms from caller A as google voice sms.
    Caller A can now call or sms caller B's 406 number and get caller B with normal carrier.

attempted to make it as straight forward as possible, hopefully you are still not confused