Page 35 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I cannot for the life of me figure out how to save a contact as a "Favorite". What am I missing?
  2.    #682  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loogie View Post
    I cannot for the life of me figure out how to save a contact as a "Favorite". What am I missing?
    I hope to expand favorites in future versions, but for now if you go to the detail view of a history record, there is a star on the bottom you click to add a favorite.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Ok, got. Thanks!
  4.    #684  
    v0.6.0
    -Background updating now implemented. Edit polling time in preferences. You can close out the program and it will still let you know when new Google Voice history is available
    -When viewing a history detail item, status polling is accelerated so that you can go into SMS history, write a new message, and then return to the detail and it will poll for new messages
    -A lot of under the hood changes to support background running.
    -WARNING: This version has major changes to underlying code so if you are dependent on a stable gDial Pro, do not install until we get feedback from users on initial issue

The next minor update will include any bugfixes for this as well as some of the accumulated bug fixes that I have gotten from the thread so don't think I ignored the bugs from favorites and what not, just needed to get the code base stable again to be able to do minor fixes
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Installed. So far so good. Thanks for another great update
    Thanks,

mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
  6.    #686  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclaiborne View Post
    Installed. So far so good. Thanks for another great update
    Thanks for the report. I expected a lot of people to be on the thread with issues, but so far just your report of it working fine.

Anyone else watching the thread who has installed the 0.6 version, please do post even if it is working great for you so I can remove the disclaimer for the hardcore users if we don't have any major show stopping bugs. Thanks.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Thanks for the report. I expected a lot of people to be on the thread with issues, but so far just your report of it working fine.

Anyone else watching the thread who has installed the 0.6 version, please do post even if it is working great for you so I can remove the disclaimer for the hardcore users if we don't have any major show stopping bugs. Thanks.
    Seems to be working fine for me.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

The app has been working out nicely ever since I got my pre. The only thing that I notice (I keep gdialpro in my launcher) is that there is a slight delay in load time from when I touch the app until it is opened (the rest of my launcher apps do not do it). Also, is there a way to delete contacts from favorites yet?
  9.    #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissancepapa View Post
    The app has been working out nicely ever since I got my pre. The only thing that I notice (I keep gdialpro in my launcher) is that there is a slight delay in load time from when I touch the app until it is opened (the rest of my launcher apps do not do it). Also, is there a way to delete contacts from favorites yet?
    Thanks for the feedback.

You can delete favorites by sliding to the right on the favorite like you do for emails. It will ask you to delete it.

Also, I will look into the load time as well.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I am loving this app more and more. Love the jumping back after sending an sms.

Request: too much space is taken up with date, type and number being in separate sections. They should be in one view, like this.

----------------------------------
    Name picture
    Number
    Type date

That should take half the space.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    I am loving this app more and more. Love the jumping back after sending an sms.

Request: too much space is taken up with date, type and number being in separate sections. They should be in one view, like this.

Name picture
    Number
    Type date

That should take half the space.
    Here is an example I stitched together of what I talking about.

Original Version

Updated Version
    Last edited by peterweb; 08/28/2009 at 07:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Looked around and havent had any issues as of yet.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    so what are the chances of some day being able to use dial pad to call contacts? Like for John I would dial 5646 and it would bring up all the johns in ur contact list and you click the one you wanna dial.
    BUG FOR YOU:

When I access my favorites and tap one the menu comes up for sms or call and when I tap either one nothing happens.
    I have to install ver. 0.6.0 in new phone as I had to return the old phone as the screen was developing light spot. I have noted following:
    1. Web Dial did not work. I had to turn it off.
    2. When pick up any contact, it goes to voice mail, voice mail announcement is heard, it asks to put pin, program feeds the pin, the dialer keeps on feeding the number to be dialed, the phone dialing completes and it announces, "this is a free call" and the phone gets connected.
    3. There is no redirect of call from GV to your phone, my phone does not ring. (That is what we have been looking for with API)

Does anybody experience what I am experiencing?
    Last edited by bnaik; 08/28/2009 at 11:32 PM.
    What I described above is ideal, only calling and going to voicemail is a little distraction, in return you do not have to wait for a redirect call from GV. There could be a solution here that we have been looking for!!!
    thank you
    Well, I have found some error in my setting. The latest findings are as follows:

The new version 0.6.0 works fine except cannot add contact to favorite from history.

I have to install ver. 0.6.0 in new phone as I had to return the old phone as the screen was developing light spot. I have noted following:
    1. Web Dial did not work. I had to turn it off.
    Web based did not work as I inadvertently did not put my cellphone#. Once I put the cell phone#, Web based dialing is working fine.

2. When pick up any contact, it goes to voice mail, voice mail announcement is heard, it asks to put pin, program feeds the pin, the dialer keeps on feeding the number to be dialed, the phone dialing completes and it announces, "this is a free call" and the phone gets connected.
    If web based dial is off then only above behavior is observed.

3. There is no redirect of call from GV to your phone, my phone does not ring. (That is what we have been looking for with API)
    The above is true when web based dialing is off.

If web based dialing is on, then you will receive re-direct call from GV and you have to pick up that in order to complete the call.
  19.    #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    Here is an example I stitched together of what I talking about.

Original Version

Updated Version
    Thanks for doing the mock up. I can probably do that type of setup on the details page as I can see in a texting scenario especially wanting to keep more space for messages.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  20.    #700  
    Quote Originally Posted by 17outs View Post
    BUG FOR YOU:

When I access my favorites and tap one the menu comes up for sms or call and when I tap either one nothing happens.
    Thanks, I will get that fixed.
    Become a fan on Facebook