Page 31 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #601  
    The new ipk seems to fix the issue. Please redownload this version and it should work fine now.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I just tried it and yes I am also getting this, sorry.. ii
    I did add some favorites if that makes any difference.
    I had accidentally uploaded the ipk with debug turned on. I turned it off and reuploaded and you should be able to delete and reinstall from filecoaster and it will work.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Thank you very much for your hard work on this.. It is by far my favorite and best functioning app on my pre. Thank you for the quick updates also.
    Great app...

Now all I need to do is start the slow migration to using my GV # all the time...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    The new ipk seems to fix the issue. Please redownload this version and it should work fine now.
    Back in business. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSam View Post
    It happens for me when I touch anything on the screen - including the backspace above the dialer.
    Same here.

Like the favorites addition though.

Edit:
    Oops replied before I saw that you updated.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    By the way, this app rocks. Google Voice is so usable with this thing. Thanks so much. I was wondering if it is possible to link the audio file for voice messages to the voicemails that appear in the app. On the GV website, there is a play button next to the transcription. This, I believe, would give us true visual voicemail.
    Excellent App , amazing support and great updates. This is on my quick launch Bar and I use it Everyday!
  9.    #609  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSam View Post
    By the way, this app rocks. Google Voice is so usable with this thing. Thanks so much. I was wondering if it is possible to link the audio file for voice messages to the voicemails that appear in the app. On the GV website, there is a play button next to the transcription. This, I believe, would give us true visual voicemail.
    On there website, have you ever gotten that play button to work? There was a bug in WebOS 1.1 last I checked that prevents the media player from playing the GVoice mp3's. Maybe Google did something to fix that?
    Become a fan on Facebook
  10.    #610  
    The weird thing about the whole vibrate issue, is that I can't even come up with a reason why having debug turned on in the config would have caused vibrate to issue errors. Oh well, another webOS mystery.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by b2thet View Post
    i got to say i love the app. i installed the newest version today, and now when I dial on the number pad, i get a popup saying -

Error
    {"returnValue":true

This happens with all 1-9 # and *

Thanks works perfect now!! great job.
    This app get better and better! Thanks for your awesome work!
    When I assigned a contact to the favorites GD removes the contact name from my org contact list. Now the contact is still present it just that the name has been removed and the contact shos up under #.
    Im must be blind. How do I add a favorite?
    Great Application. Great Update.
    Thanks,

mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Yes I will probably rework the SMS interface when I add in the automated polling for new messages as that is likely when it makes sense to do a threaded view.
    Thanks for the reply. It was just more of a wishlist item. Great work on the app, I look forward to wonderful updates (and I know you'll make it into the app store).
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm curious, how is my Google Voice password handled with your app? Maybe I'm paranoid (I hope not) but since my password for GV is the same as all of my other Google services(Gmail, Google Docs, etc), I hesitate to give it to anyone. Once entered into your app, what happens to the password, will you as the developer have access to it? Maybe it's a stupid question but just wondering. The app seems great and I've read nothing but rave reviews, just a little nervous about the whole password thing.

Thanks!
  18.    #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyPre View Post
    I'm curious, how is my Google Voice password handled with your app? Maybe I'm paranoid (I hope not) but since my password for GV is the same as all of my other Google services(Gmail, Google Docs, etc), I hesitate to give it to anyone. Once entered into your app, what happens to the password, will you as the developer have access to it? Maybe it's a stupid question but just wondering. The app seems great and I've read nothing but rave reviews, just a little nervous about the whole password thing.

Thanks!
    The username and password are stored on your Pre in a cookie accessible only by the gDial Pro app. On load, it logs in directly from your Pre to the Google Voice website. There is no proxying of your info through any other server.

It uses https connections only to Google, so it is protected in that sense. I can understand your cautiousness with your password as with Google it does provide access to all of the services associated with them.

I am not sure whether anyone has done it yet, but someone could run a network sniffer while running my app over wifi to watch the connections and verify that it does in fact only make contact with the Google Voice website. Ultimately each user has to make up their own mind as to what they are comfortable with.

I have submitted the app to Palm, so if you want to wait for their verification, then that is an option as well.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    For the record I know palm is only looking for perfect apps.. You and our comunity here are close to profection on your app still has a few minor bugs such as the centering of the highlight field when dialing numbers. Actually only thing I can think of.. The rest of the changes you been thinking about such as the revamped sms that can wait for a different release. But the prefection palm is looking at is basically the minor things left over major functionality is practically flawless now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne View Post
    I updated to 0.5.1 and I still get Web Dial Failed. Ok false data code 1. I can't figure it out.
    I have the latest 0.5.6 and am getting this same error when trying to use web dial. I tried removing all the info and then starting over but didn't seem to help.