Page 30 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by toomin View Post
    1. The contact search bar disappears after searching for a contact even when no contact is selected.
    It does disappear, but just typing letters pulls it back up again.

2. When dialing or texting, if you don't put a number in, I still get a notification saying "Web dial success" or "SMS successfully sent" respectively.
    Fixed in the newest version

3. I also found a larger bug. I like the way you smartly handle searching for a number in the contacts search bar for the dialing screen. When on the dialing screen the contact search bar only pulls up matches for phone numbers and not email addresses. I don't know if you did this intentionally, but if you did, nice work. The bug though is when you use this same algorithm for the contact search in the SMS screen. Because I can't see email addresses, I can't send a text to an email address.
    I don't think Google Voice can send SMS to email. At least, I attempted it from the Google Voice site itself, and it requires a phone number to deliver the SMS. If I missed this somewhere on GV, let me know as it isn't too difficult to add in to program.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I made it through the thread and I don't know if I have seen this problem yet mentioned. I am using version 0.5.6. Everything seems to be working fine except for this one issue. I have web based dialing "ON" and it works great for normal calls. However, I cannot dial my google voice voicemail with web based dialing set to "ON". It works like it should when I turn web based dialing to "OFF" and it dials my google voice voicemail and I can listen to my voicemails and change settings and such.

My question is this. Is this by design or just a limitation of google voice and the internet? I can see the dilemma when trying to have a number call me while trying to call itself if that makes any sense. I have attached a screen capture of my error that I am getting when trying to dial my voicemail with web dial "ON". If this is a limitation of the internet or google, is there a way to make it automatically toggle web dial on and off when trying to dial voicemail? Is this not an internet problem and is just something wrong with how I am trying to use it, do you have any suggestions? I also have checked and rechecked my settings on both my phone and on google voice. Thanks for your help and am truly amazed at this application.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #583  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I made it through the thread and I don't know if I have seen this problem yet mentioned. I am using version 0.5.6. Everything seems to be working fine except for this one issue. I have web based dialing "ON" and it works great for normal calls. However, I cannot dial my google voice voicemail with web based dialing set to "ON". It works like it should when I turn web based dialing to "OFF" and it dials my google voice voicemail and I can listen to my voicemails and change settings and such.

My question is this. Is this by design or just a limitation of google voice and the internet? I can see the dilemma when trying to have a number call me while trying to call itself if that makes any sense. I have attached a screen capture of my error that I am getting when trying to dial my voicemail with web dial "ON". If this is a limitation of the internet or google, is there a way to make it automatically toggle web dial on and off when trying to dial voicemail? Is this not an internet problem and is just something wrong with how I am trying to use it, do you have any suggestions? I also have checked and rechecked my settings on both my phone and on google voice. Thanks for your help and am truly amazed at this application.
    To dial voicemail regardless of the web dialing setting, just hold down on the 1 button on the dialpad and it will use the regular Pre dialer to call out to your Google Voice number.

I set it up that way as the web dial is only for connecting to some other phone number, not listening to voicemail.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    @johnsongrantr

Thanks for being so helpful to all of the users. Sometimes I don't get back to the thread enough to answer the questions, but it looks like you have been helping everyone out for me.
    No problem, I try my best to help you out as much as I can. Research my answers before I give them and try not to step out of my boundries. Hopefully it helps take some of the weight off your shoulders.

Plus in my normal job I'm the voice between our programmers and the users, so I guess it just comes natural.
    To dial voicemail regardless of the web dialing setting, just hold down on the 1 button on the dialpad and it will use the regular Pre dialer to call out to your Google Voice number.

I set it up that way as the web dial is only for connecting to some other phone number, not listening to voicemail.
    Gotcha. I guess I was just pressing the 1 and then the talk button inside of the gDial app. Is there a way to make this sequence of events operate the same way as holding down the 1 button?

BTW, holding down the 1 button works just like you were saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    Plus in my normal job I'm the voice between our programmers and the users, so I guess it just comes natural.
    So what do you say you actually do? Couldn't the programmers just talk directly with the users? You must be a people person.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    So what do you say you actually do? Couldn't the programmers just talk directly with the users? You must be a people person.
    yea... we're going to go ahead and need you to come in on saturday... oh.. I almost forgot, we're going to need you to go ahead and come in on sunday as well.
    i got to say i love the app. i installed the newest version today, and now when I dial on the number pad, i get a popup saying -

Error
    {"returnValue":true

This happens with all 1-9 # and *
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    +1 for:

Error

This only starting happening this afternoon when I upgraded via the File Coaster.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I think if the dialer handled all the (DIAL) functions it would look much cleaner.
    I am going through the stock dialer code to see how it was accomplished.
    I try your code but the way it is displayed on eclipse is tough to go through.

This should be an easy PATCH I assume.

I will try going over your code and modifying it for personal use if you dont mind.
    And once I find the way to do it i can forward it to you for it to be added on your next update?
  11. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    @djr3z
    I had to manually input all my contacts into google contacts via the website and go through and delete all my palm contacts then resync with my google account. This was an extremely difficult and time consuming process, took like 2-3 hours. I had searched for ways this can be done automatically but it requires linux access and installing pearl and sql binaries to import a db3 file from the phone. There currently isn't a automated process or application that does this for you. Belive me, I've looked... hard... Now that it's said and done, it's alot nicer and more convient, if I move to android someday (most likely) I will have the comfort that my contacts will transition seamlessly from now on.

if you are so inclined here's the link, altough I didn't bother to check if the process even worked
    PalmDatabase.db3 File - WebOS Internals
    Hey man thanks for replying.

Interestingly enough, I think I've found a solution. Quite easy in fact. At least on my mac.

Palm Desktop can be synced with Address Book. By transferring my contacts from my Palm profile to Address Book, I can then use Address Book's Google sync function to sync from Address Book to Google. I have read the step by step for both sync's and if I'm not mistaken, this should work quickly and flawlessly. I'll report back how it goes. First I have to get my Palm profile fixed (they lost all my contacts :/)
    Can we get contacts photo's to show up under the new favorites option?

Also can you add an option to remember what screen you last used to come up when the app is launched? So if I last used favorites, I can just launch gDial and that screen would come up.

The only main thing left is trying to figure out how to change the code (root) to decrease the default pause. I understand this is not under your control in the normal SDK.

Weird that the main dialer dials nice and fast then only allows you to have a 1 second pause in the SDK. It needs to be half that at least! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Wonderful!!!! The latest version has favorites!!! Love it. This is the App I use to dial. GREAT Job!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by b2thet View Post
    i got to say i love the app. i installed the newest version today, and now when I dial on the number pad, i get a popup saying -

Error

Dammit having the same problem
  15.    #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    Dammit having the same problem
    This is weird as I have it running on my phone as well and I am not having the issue, is there anyone having no problems with the new version?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    This is weird as I have it running on my phone as well and I am not having the issue, is there anyone having no problems with the new version?
    I am having no problems with it on my phone.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    -

Error

It happens for me when I touch anything on the screen - including the backspace above the dialer.
    Wonder if it has anything to do with modifying the dialer theme. For those of you experiencing the problem have you guys done the mod? I myself haven't and no problems exists.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Error

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSam View Post
    It happens for me when I touch anything on the screen - including the backspace above the dialer.
    OK - here's an update. If I turn off "Vibrate on dial" the error goes away.
  20.    #600  
    I reuploaded the ipk in case it was some weird issue, anyone with a problem, please delete and redownload from fileCoaster.
    Become a fan on Facebook